Nomadicjay's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My visit to the Baobab Tree In Gujarat

As I am writing this after a long time. I feel that there are many other tree lovers like me who will appreciate this blog. This is about my favorite tree Baobab (Scientific name : Adansonia digitata). This tree can live upto 2000 years. Initially, I thought that these trees are exists only in Madagascar but later I came to know that these are in India Too. And maximum in Gujarat.
baobab treebaobab tree

I am in search of these trees since 10 years. I located some of the bigger trees and still I am on it. Even I had put locations in google maps too. 
 20230218_173236.JPG
There are almost seven types of species of baobab tree and in India there are different than Madagascar. As it can grow up in dried areas so we can see them in India too. The fruit of this tree is used to cure for skin dieses in Gujarat.

In Gujarati language it is called Rukhdo Tree. I might be missed out some Information so Pardon me.  
This one is close to the beach of Saurastra region of Gujarat. As it is knows as mini Serengeti of Gujarat.
rukhdo tree in gujaratrukhdo tree in gujarat

This area is very famous of Asiatic Lions but as of now I will mention about the tree only which I had visited. This tree is situated in Ajak village of Saurastra. It is almost 4 far from the beach area. Now this tree is a bit differen than the other trees as par my information it is almost 500 to 800 years only.
20230218_173242.JPG

In gujarat they worship this tree. As in africa it is known as tree of life. This tree can keep water in its trunk which is really unique. Also People have traditionally valued the trees as sources of food, water, health remedies or places of shelter. As per Wikipedia 

Now what I feel when I visit these trees. I feel Hope, positivity and Really amazing vibe. This is the reason I really Like this tree. 
20230218_173525.JPG

If you are a tree lover then you must visit this place whenever you are going through this place. This is between Somnath Dwarka Route at the coastal Highway. 

I hope my Blog has given you some good information. I personally give thanks to the person who put the location of this tree otherwise It cannot be easily found. I am still in search of these trees in Gujarat and rest of india. 
https://maps.app.goo.gl/pNTwSmg7t6WhmsFD7

Thank you.

Ajak, Gujarat, India
11 comments
Level 9

Betreff: My visit to the Baobab Tree In Gujarat

@Nomadicjay 

Es schöne Geschichte über diesen Baum und ich wusste bisher auch nur von diesen Bäumen in Afrika.

Ich wünsche viel Glück und Erfolg bei der weiteren Suche nach diesen interessanten Bäumen.

Level 8

Betreff: My visit to the Baobab Tree In Gujarat

Thank you 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Re: My visit to the Baobab Tree In Gujarat

That's really interesting to know that such a Baobab tree is exist in our Gujarat! Even I'm from Gujarat but I never heard about this. @Nomadicjay 

You have written nicely this post and I impressed with your writing skills. 

Thank you for sharing this post. 🙏

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Wonderful post @Nomadicjay 👍

It is nice to know that a Baobab tree exists in India as well.

Now we do not have to go to the Socotra Island off the coast of Africa!

Level 8

Thank you 😊 

Level 9

Level 8

Thank you, And yes I am aware of that and I will be visiting those also in future. 

Level 8

Thank you very much.  @NareshDarji 

Level 8

@Nomadicjay Thanks for sharing with us this unusual topic. I also first saw and read about the baobab plant, which may survive for up to 2000 years, which is amazing.. nice photographs and well describ.

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery