Nick24's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

NATURE DEFIES GRAVITY

When we visited this place,We found people from all walks of life thronged there. Many were holding bottles of water, while others were holding tyres. They released them downhill, but to our utter surprise, the tyres rolled uphill. When the water was poured, it seemed to climb up Kyamwilu Hill. We were baffled, racking our brains trying to understand the phenomenon, but, ultimately, we left still flabbergasted. What we found there seemed to be purely from Alice in Wonderland.

My friends and I stood there dazed. One lad came to us smiling broadly and told us to park our car in the middle of the road in neutral gear only to further our curiosity. We were taken aback ... the car immediately started to move uphill. The wonders never seemed to cease! Then we poured water onto the road. Against our expectations, it flowed uphill, defying gravity. As if that was not enough, we took a spare tyre from our car and rolled it downhill. I felt it oppose the motion. It was easier to roll it uphill. Good heavens!

Newton's Law of Gravity does not seem to apply here. Because of this seeming defiance of physics, over the years, Kituluni Hill has been one of the most visited places in Kenya by both domestic and foreign tourists because of this. It is located 64 kilometres southeast of Nairobi, and due to this close proximity to the capital and this wonder, it's no wonder small businesses are blooming here.

Long ago, before Kenya attained her independence, a white settler parked his car on Kyamwilu Hill. He went to fetch some water to quench his thirst at the nearby spring. On returning, he was flummoxed to see his car moving backward uphill. He had parked it in neutral, no? He called the villagers to see the mysterious occurrence, and they were just as mesmerized.

Newton's First Law of Motion says that an object will remain in its state of motion unless acted upon by force.

To visit the place you need to have something little for the locals unless the local government has started charging.

images (8)_2.jpeg

Machakos, Kenya
5 comments
Level 9

Betreff: NATURE DEFIES GRAVITY

@Nick24 

Sehr interessant und faszinierend beschrieben.

Wurde dieses Phänomen mal von Experten untersucht?

Level 5

Yeah, it's fascinating,I am not sure that, scientist have studied it yet

Level 8

Re: NATURE DEFIES GRAVITY

@Nick24 hola.... Bienvenido a Connect. Es un gran post! Tiene muchos detalles que generan que la lectura sea genial. También puedes agregar enlaces de Google Maps para poder visitarlo virtualmente.

También puedes visitar Introduce Yourself April 2024 donde puedes presentarte y conocer más local guide.

También al responder o mencionar en el post debes "@" así saben a quien va dirigido. 

Saludos y nuevamente bienvenido al foro.

Level 5

Re: NATURE DEFIES GRAVITY

@Maximilianozalazar Thank you for the kind words,am happy you have welcomed me here.. again thanks for the highlights 

Level 5

@Annaelisa Yeah, it's fascinating,I am not sure that, scientist have studied it yet