KamalHossenR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

A inspiring Morden Architecture for Accessibility

KamalHossenR_0-1699692642768.jpeg

Caption: There is a submarine in the pond and a walkway next to it where wheelchair users can easily come and enjoy the beauty of the submarine and pond.

Hello Local Guides! 

Hope all of you are well. 

Located in the heart of Bangladesh, the Bangabandhu Military Museum stands not only as a testament to the nation's history but as a beacon of inclusivity for all visitors. A special feature of this museum is its exceptional accessibility, which provides a welcoming environment for disabled people to explore every part of the museum from the entrance. Every floor and corner is so well arranged for wheelchair access which is really admirable. 

I hope others will be encouraged to see structures like this and consider wheelchair accessibility in future constructions.

KamalHossenR_1-1699692640305.jpeg

Caption: Show the ticket and you will get a scene just like this when you enter inside.  There is the main structure in front and a large pond to the right entire outdoor is Accessible. 

KamalHossenR_2-1699692642049.jpeg

Caption: At the center of the photo is a sculpture of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and all around circular walkways are provided to move from one floor to another which is fully wheelchair accessible.

KamalHossenR_3-1699692642716.jpeg

Caption: This is a wheelchair accessible way and on left side green grass with a battle tank in frontand on right side leaves and some flowers can be seen.

KamalHossenR_4-1699692641214.jpeg

Caption: This place is next to the entry gate to the museum and as you can see in the picture there are some instructions, there has fire extinguishers and showing the outside or inside Accessible. 

KamalHossenR_5-1699692640484.jpeg

Caption: Many sailing boats were used in ancient times and are now almost extinct, so a demo of the boat is kept inside the museum with people taking pictures in front of it. A wheelchair Riders can visit this place easily. 

KamalHossenR_6-1699692642085.jpeg

Caption: Good toilet facilities are provided for disable visitors and directions are provided to make it easy for them to find the toilet.

Actually I live in Barishal, sometimes I have to go to Dhaka for various reasons like family programs, treatment and my official activities, and if I get time then I try to visit different tourist destinations of Dhaka. 

Whenever I go to a new place, I always try to visit the tourist destinations in that place, so I first open the Google Maps then go to search ber and write tourist destination near me. 

About a year ago I went to Dhaka, on that time I had the opportunity to visit the Bangabandhu Military Museum. I had a great experience at the time and I was able to increase my knowledge about our country's military capabilities, various weapons and history of the Liberation War at the Bangabandhu Military Museum. While I was walking around the museum I took many photos of different places. 

Few days ago I saw This post about Bangabandhu Military Museum on Local Stories by @sumanbd and I saw Another post on Travel by @Abdullahilbaki.

Seeing these posts I am really encouraged to post one myself as I have many photos of the museum, through this postlocal guides from different places local and abroad can also know about this museum.

The museum is open in two shifts each day with three hours of exhibition time each shift I think three is quite short to visit this museum. 

When I went I couldn't explore many more places for a short period of three hours I can't tell how it passed.

For the convenience of others I have written down the opening and closing times below:

Friday3–6 PM      Saturday10 AM–1 PM 3–6 PM                   Sunday10 AM–1 PM 3–6 PM                  Monday10 AM–1 PM 3–6 PM

Tuesday10 AM–1 PM 3–6 PM

Wednesday Closed

Thursday10 AM–1 PM 3–6 PM

If you want to know more details about the Museum  then This post is for you. 

Here are some more scenes from the museum that I would like to share with you and give you an idea of ​​the weapons displayed in the museum.

KamalHossenR_7-1699692643291.jpeg

Caption: Soldiers made of metal objects, they are fighting against enemies a wheelchair Riders can visit this place easily. 

KamalHossenR_8-1699692642363.jpeg

Caption: A small speedboat used by the Navy for use in rivers and seas at various times as needed. 

KamalHossenR_9-1699692642736.jpeg

Caption: A demo of the submarines 

KamalHossenR_10-1699692641777.jpeg

Caption: It is a warship under 

KamalHossenR_11-1699692642842.jpeg

Caption: Collage of 4 photo with different types of weapons  

KamalHossenR_12-1699692641248.jpeg

Caption: A warrior on horseback poses in this battle

KamalHossenR_13-1699692642065.jpeg

Caption: During this war in 1971, a sculpture was created of the people who were protesting and demanding their rights

KamalHossenR_14-1699692642779.jpeg

Caption: Map of Bangladesh

KamalHossenR_15-1699692643266.jpeg

Caption: A hurted army is being treated by other armies

KamalHossenR_16-1699692643245.jpeg

Caption: Bangladesh Army under war tank and some missile demo

Thank you so much for reading my post. 
#museum 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Dhaka, Bangladesh
17 comments
Level 8

Re: A inspiring Morden Architecture for Accessibility

Wow, very nice and interesting post @KamalHossenR 

Level 7

Jako zanimljiva priča o Vojnom muzeju @KamalHossenR 

I fotografije su odlične.

😊🇭🇷

Level 8

Wow Amazing post @KamalHossenR Bhai. Thanks for your share.

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 9

Dear @Tandrima2

Thank you so much for appreciation & kind words.

Which is your most popular museum in Kolkata and did you visit it?

Level 8

Most welcome dear friend @KamalHossenR 

I have not yet had the opportunity to visit the Kolkata museum. Hope to visit it in the future.

Connect Moderator

Hi @KamalHossenR 

I am a bit surprised about this post.

Reading your title I was expecting to see the museum from the point of view of a person with limited mobility, while the only think that I can see about accessibility is a sign of a toilet, and a brief description at the beginning of the post.

What I see, very well described, is a series of photos of people and devices that in a polite way I would describe as "source of disability and dead": soldiers and weapons, while none of the accessibility features mentioned at the beginning of your post are shown. Why?

Honestly, I am confused 🤔

Level 8

Dear @KamalHossenR beautiful story but the Title with accessibility bit confusing and I totally agree with @ErmesT

Level 9

@KamalHossenR Wow, what an enlightening share, The Bangabandhu Military Museum sounds like an incredible testament to the nation's history. The attention to accessibility is truly heartening; it's essential for everyone to have the opportunity to explore and learn. I really appreciate that you took the time to outline the visiting hours for everyone's convenience. 😍😍

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Level 9

Earlier there were many posts about Bangabandhu Military Museum but no one mentions the wheelchair so I wanted to present this post highlighting the exceptional wheelchair facilities but the post got completely messed up.

Dear @ErmesT

Thank you so much for your observation. 🙏

It has come to my attention after your report that this is actually inconsistent with my title.

My post was a total mess so I've re-edited it to make it a bit more streamlined, hope you like it now.

@sumanbd bhai 

Thank you very much for the suggestion you gave me agree with @ErmesT, it is really appreciated.

Did you notice when you toured this museum that the museum is fully wheelchair accessible?