ogewuru's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

ABUJA REVIEWER'S VIRTUAL MEET UP

Picture of Aso rock  Abuja in the backgroundPicture of Aso rock Abuja in the background

Review is one of the key contributions from local guides that aid visitors in deciding if a point of interest is worth coming to. Beyond pictures and videos, a personal experience brings reality to the fore.

Abuja Local Guides Reviewers Meet Up.

Recently we have seen business owners respond violently to “objective” reviews with some going as far as arresting the reviewer and even subjecting them to legal prosecution. As reviewers how do we

• Guide against backlash after reviewing locations.
  • Render true situations differently by choosing our words carefully.
  • Protect ourselves under the law? Consumer protection facility
  • View the disclaimer from Google and our personal responsibility

This 1-hour virtual meet-up will entail Case studies (Summerfield Browne v Waymout UK, Erisco v Egodi) Experience sharing from Local Guides and a Legal person will give us hints on balancing fairness and reality.

Order of events

1. 05:01 05:10 Arrivals and exchange of pleasantries
  2. 05:11 05:25 Case studies Tomatoes Paste Reviewer (Erisco) Legal Service (Waymout
  3. 05:26 05:40 Experience sharing
  4. 05:41 05:50 Legal Angle
  5. 05:51 05:57 Q and A
  6. 05:58 05:59 Departure

Venue: 

http://meet.google.com/tfw-zkth-zgy

Abuja, Nigeria
10 comments
Level 10

Re: ABUJA REVIEWER'S VIRTUAL MEET UP

I sure will like to attend this meetup. 

Level 10

@MrFreez  looking forward to seeing you and to hearing about your experience with business owners you reviewed their outlets. The Erisco Najisco Tomato Past vs Mrs. Egodi episode is a clarion call to review with caution 

@Zino_ 

Connect Moderator

Hello @ogewuru 

I'm liking this energy flow of meet-up and your participation on connect. I'll plan to attend this meet-up.

Will there be chocolate like the last one? Lol see you there Dv. Thank you for organising this.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Sure thing @ogewuru 

I already have it in my calendar. 
you may need to edit the meetup link tho

Level 10

@SholaIB is always a pleasure having you on meetups, aside from longing to hear from you of any review that you did that got a negative response from the owner

Level 10

@MrFreez thank you for pointing out that meet up link defect I will correct it ASAP

Level 9

@ogewuru The experience-sharing segment, I believe, will offer everyone a chance to see these concepts in practical situations and grasp the impact of well-articulated reviews. Thank you for setting this up! 😄

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Level 10

@Mo-TravelleerX You are very correct even as we look forward to hearing your experience as it relates to your country. Remember is virtual

Level 10

@MrFreez 

Link edited, all is now set

http://meet.google.com/tfw-zkth-zgy