Gurukrishnapriya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Airport Diaries Challenge

This post is in continuation to @Pratik_89  Airport Diaries Challenge in his Post  , please apologise for taking this Challenge a little bit late. Yes I have visited many Airports and each are different experiences to me.

IMG-20231117-WA0003.jpg

Photo by me of an aeroplane taken in Copenhagen Airport.

It was very cold and windy in Copenhagen Airport and I felt freezing,  though not very cold.  Since we are used to hot climate. 

As I mentioned each Airport gave me different experiences.  My first flight was from Pokhra to Jhomson in Nepal in the year 1999. It was really a thrilling experience to travel through the Himalayas. The views were amazing.  We never knew when the flights will run,  because of the severe weather conditions. Even our flight got cancelled and we had to travel the next day.

There the flights took off,  flew and landed in between mountains. That trip was a thriller. 

IMG-20231117-WA0005.jpg

An old photograph taken by me in a small camera.

The second travel was to Dubai International Airport, which was very vibrant and lively. It is a very costliest Airport, with so many duty free shops, massage center,  gold shops, apparels etc. It's the biggest Airport which I have ever visited. This Airport is exclusive for Emeritus flights. The Airport is very big  and you have to walk long distances between terminals, sometimes go by train or bus.

The following are the Airports which I have travelled through:

• Pokhra to Jhomson 
  • Bharatpur to Katmandu (both in Nepal)
  • Chennai to Gatwick, UK
  • Chennai to Dubai (twice)
  • Chennai to Copenhagen 
  • Copenhagen to Sweden 
  • Sweden to Geneva
  • Geneva to Luton, UK
  • Stansted UK to Chennai 

DOMESTIC 

• Chennai to Delhi 
  • Chennai to Mumbai 
  • Chennai to Visakapatinam
  • Chennai to Bangalore 
  • Chennai to Trivandrum 
  • Chennai to Vadodara .
  • To and fro and vice versa.

It is really a fun to visit Airport. Since my husband worked Indian Railways,  we travelled more by train. So less chances to domestic Airports. 

Bangalore is a beautiful one and nicely decorated. I stayed in The Taj hotel, which was almost inside the Airport.

We could see the flights take off from inside the room.

Visakhapatnam and Vadodara were almost empty. Trivandrum also handle less flights. Stansted International Airport is less crowded compared to other Airports in UK. 

Copenhagen was amazing and we could see the flights very near from the waiting hall.

Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai are always crowded, with lots and people. I have added an Album  related to Airports. Only a few pictures which I have taken. 

Friends hope you enjoyed this post  and thanks in advance. Please share your valuable experiences 

@Tushar_Suradkar @TravellerG @NareshDarji  @Falguni   @RosyKohli  @Tejal 

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
37 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Airport Diaries Challenge

Love the photo in Nepal Airlines @Gurukrishnapriya it is almost a vintage photo 👍

Also, it seems you are a global traveler.

I am curious what took you to so many places all over the world.

Wonderful airport diaries.

Level 8

Hi @Tushar_Suradkar 

I use to travel inside India extensively.  I like travel very much. When my daughters settled abroad,  I travelled to many places in Europe. Even now I am planning to travel inside India. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 7

Another great post by @Gurukrishnapriya on Airport Diaries! I really like the old picture of your first flight, that is the highlight of the post! It also connects us all the journey of the aviation industry. You have a great travel history! In between, you have also provided useful tips about the airport, simple and easy. Indeed, a great post!

Level 8

Very nice to read your the history of your travel experiences @Gurukrishnapriya 

I have seen the photos in your album which you have shared with us. Very nice explanation. Thanks for this post.

Level 8

Thanks @AnubhaBangia , as you told, the first flight experience will always be a wonderful and thrilling experience. I still remember it and feel nostalgic.  

@Tandrima2 I haven't taken much photos of Airports and hence less collection.  Going back to the memories is a pleasant one, we feel happy to see them. While writing this post I went to all the Airports in my memories. Thanks for reading my post. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 10

Hello, dear @Gurukrishnapriya ,

Great shots and narration... enjoyed reading your post - thanks for sharing these..

That's really worth to participate in this wonderful challenge, where our LG friends @Tushar_Suradkar  @Rohan10  @ajitthite  and. @Smita_Patil have shared their dairies...

You are not at all late...I'm still to join you all... sorry... traveling with family in Kerala...

Best wishes ...

PS:

I believe that our friends @ShailendraOjha @PrasadVR @Anil6969 @Tandrima2 will enjoy this post...

🙏🌹🙌

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Thank you dear community builder @TravellerG , i really enjoy the ma'am @Gurukrishnapriya's shared foto album, & i wish you nice happy journey with family & obviously some quality time with family spend gives refreshing .

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

Yes, very very HAPPY moments @ShailendraOjha . Thanks to Google Photos. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 10

Hi, @Gurukrishnapriya It's not at all late, as you said here you have now posted your first Airpot experience and subsequent series of your Airport experiences. Thank you for the post. Thank you dear friend @TravellerG for mentioning me in your comment.

Signature Image