AmbrishVarshney's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Asia One Season 2

Dear Local Guides

29 June 2019: The world of local guides was rocked as the Indian local guide committee hosted the first-ever all Asia meetup under the banner of Asia One Summit at New Delhi. ( Recap Thread Link )

asia1newlogo.jpg

23-24 January 2021: The world of local guides is all set to be a part of the very second season of this grant fiesta under the tagline of Asia One Season 2, on an out-of-the-world virtual conference on the internet.

Amidst the ongoing global crisis due to a killer virus out in the wild, the local guides never let the spirit of guiding go low. Despite all the challenges, the local guides kept on providing data on Google Maps, updating the hours in the modified world, supporting local businesses with aid in online business when the physical outlets remain closed for an indefinite time or uploading accessibility data in this hour of the mandate.

The Indian local guides community lent a significant part in this operation, and made the scene much better, especially for small business entities. The selfless contribution from hundreds of local guides has earned 7 spots among the 50 Guiding Stars around the world. Hundreds of virtual meetups, almost each and every weekend has made the life of the participants stuck in lockdown easier.

The COVID-19 could never stop the Indian local guides community from stopping any operation, just that Google Meet took the place of actual locations in the meetups. The smile of pleasure from one contribution of Google Maps has stayed still the same.

Hence, it is time to reach the next step and call the whole of Asia to come, join this ultra celebration of local guiding activities together, from the same stage online. It is time to experience a completely fresh experience of virtual meetups where the participants would visit famous places in Asia for a real-life experience from the comfort of their own home. It is time to stand closer virtually and Unleash Asia in words from the local guides across the most versatile continent on earth. Last but not the least, it is time to sing, dance, and make memories together as a tribute to the Google Local Guides Program.

Namaste and Welcome to the Asia One Season 2, live on 23-24 January 2021, organized by the India Local Guides Community.

ASIA One Season 2 Teaser

I Will Share the full itinerary soon.

Till then you can fill that form https://forms.gle/MwG7wzVitd4bmbaC9  if you want to apply as a speaker or guest.

Regards

Ambrish Varshney & India Local Guides

Inviting @TraciC @TravellerG  @KashifMisidia @NareshDarji @StephenAbraham @MahabubMunna @ShahMdSultan @AnuradhaP @ermest @InaS

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

58 comments
Level 10

Re: Asia One Season 2

@MukulR @SoniaK  @PriyankaU @KlaudiyaG @JMD9 @Anil6969 @ShafiulB @JanVanHaver @SalmaanN @Shrut19

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

<! -- reserved for inviting lgs and friends -- !>

Level 10

<!--   reserved for inviting lgs and friends   --!>

Connect Moderator

That's a great initiative @AmbrishVarshney . All the best for Asia One Season 2. Not sure if I can attend this until I know the detailed itinerary. So can't promise anything right now. Thanks for tagging me here. 

Level 10

@SoniaK thank you for replying this is a virtual event and we will try to host that around 5 to 9 PM (+5.30).

Level 9

@AmbrishVarshney 

Wow, All the best for Asia One Season 2.

Very excited want to attend  99%  yes only 1% will depend on the condition  on covid 19 situation.. But my best wishes are with you. This will also be grand success like one. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @AmbrishVarshney I understand this is a virtual meetup. But I don't don't know what time you are following. Typically, if it's Indian time 5pm then it's 5.30 AM my time. That's why I said I need to know the detailed schedule before I can promise my attendance. 

Level 10

@SoniaK  ok no problem

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@AmbrishVarshney 

वाह बढिया arrengements, commendable efforts..

Thanks for hosting & tagging me here..

Dear

@RosyKohli it's totally virtually & free, so don't worry about covid situation, feel free to join & tag your all most friends & invite them..

Thankyou..