AZ_2021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

At Pink O'Clock

A belated Earth Day photographic journey of sunset walk in late January in Arizona

The sky starts out gray and bleak, as if it might rain but no drops are falling- like a sneeze that doesn’t want to come out. 

I had been hopeful to see a stunning sunset, but it didn’t seem like it would happen. Ahead of me lay a flat bleakness that started to fill with a faded orange- tarnished with the gray from earlier. I thought that would be the best view I would get, so I turned back.

3 photos to capture the starting phase's transition of a sunset3 photos to capture the starting phase's transition of a sunset

Luck would have it that it would still be another 45 minutes till I reached the trailhead. As I trudged on, the gray tarnishes were fading, and soon oranges and pinks began to take over- combining into a soft pink. At pink o’clock, a couple strolls by, their feisty dog in tow. A lone cyclist for some odd reason starts to pedal further into the mountainous park- unafraid of the impending nightfall.

3 photos to capture the ending phase's transition of a sunset3 photos to capture the ending phase's transition of a sunset

What is a sunset without the sun? The sun, as if on cue, peeks through the sheer patch of clouds, making a last dramatic entrance for the day.  At orange o’clock, a man stands on the side of the trail gazing at the sky. A group of women laugh loudly at a shared joke, their laughter trailing as they jog off into the distance.

I stop to take in the sights. I can see the light black hues bubbling under the orange. Dusk is coming. As the orange and looming darkness mix, the sky becomes dark red. The sun, reluctant to leave, sticks by the horizon, continuing to cast a stripe of orange. 

I am a minute away from the parking lot now, so I linger waiting a bit longer. The light black hues become bolder, turning into a dark black that mixes with the red. The sky looks now like the petals of an indigo flower. At purple o’clock, the air becomes cooler. The park has become quiet. Only 2 cars remain in the lot: one of them mine and the latter perhaps owned by that daring cyclist still pedaling away.

As I drive home, I see the purples becoming darker, melding with the blacks until the sky is blanketed in pure black. Nightfall has come.

Mesa, AZ, USA
18 comments
Level 10

Re: At Pink O'Clock

Beautiful!

Level 9

Betreff: At Pink O'Clock

@AZ_2021 

Eine schöne gute Nacht Geschichte, nach den schönen Fotos kann ich jetzt gut schlafen gehen 

Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland 

Level 8

Superb post @AZ_2021 Thanks sharing us and I love both sunsets and sunrises.

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 8

Wonderful photography @AZ_2021 

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

@AZ_2021 que genial el atardecer.

Level 8

@AZ_2021 Ulala! que fotos espetaculares! Que momento lindo que presenciou. Gostei muito da maneira que descreveu esse momento.

Minhas saudações de presenciar muitos por do sol maravilhosos pelo mundo.

Level 10
Level 10

Betreff: At Pink O'Clock

You are too kind @Annaelisa. You standout out as one of the most supportive guides on Local Guides; you always take time to cheer us on and it means a lot. 👩‍❤️‍👨

Level 10

Thank you @Raj_Tayade💖

I am so happy to hear you enjoy sunsets and sunrises. I haven't woken up early enough to see a sunrise lately and have been so busy at home. Your comment inspired me to wake up earlier one day and just go outside to see the sun rise. 👩‍❤️‍👨