Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Beans & Dreams: A Journey through Coffee Brewing and Tasting

Imagine stepping into a cozy local cafe, where the rich aroma of freshly ground coffee beans fills the air.

I experienced this last month at the Third Wave Coffee on FC Road in Pune.

01 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune01 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

It was meeting with friends after a long time, and we decided to gather here.

Unexpectedly a coffee brewing and tasting experience unfolded as the cafe manager Varun invited us to become connoisseurs. 

Connoisseurs means an expert judge in matters of taste, and none of us were anywhere close.
But Varun was kind enough to guide us on the parameters to judge and assign a grade to the coffee.

02 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune02 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

We delved into the world of premium Indian Estate Coffees, exploring the subtleties of single-origin beans.

Varun explained to us various coffees that are popular in Brazil, Vietnam, and India.

Here's the adjoining book shop nicely complementing the Cafe.

03 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune03 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

Varun explained to us the various brewing techniques, from the precise pour-over to the robust French press, each method unveiling distinct flavors and aromas. 

He talked to us in a layman's language which I greatly appreciate.

We first rubbed the coffee powder on the palms and smelled it.

Then he asked us to sip the coffee and taste it on the various buds in the front, back middle, and sides of the tongue.

04 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune04 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

We were surprised by this experience.

I realized that it was not just about sipping coffee. 
It is an immersive journey at Third Wave Cafe in Pune starting from the bean at the estate to our cup. 

05 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune05 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

We also enjoyed listening to the history, culture, and craft that culminates in the perfect brew.

here are some interesting features inside the cafe, seating arrangement, and a rack of coffee products on sale.

06 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune06 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

Here is the front desk that also showcases the bakery items and menu on large screen displays in the background.

07 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune07 - Coffee Brewing and Tasting at Third Wave Coffee in Pune

📹 Here's a short video of the interiors of Third Wave Coffee.

📹 Here's the video of the brewing and tasting experience.

I will go to the third Wave Coffee again and also take my friends along to experience the dream journey through Coffee Brewing and Tasting

😋 

Pune, Maharashtra, India
20 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Beans and Dreams: A Journey through Coffee Brewing and Tasting

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Ein perfekter Beitrag zu dieser Kaffee Erfahrung.

Auch die Bilder und die Videos sind sehr schön 

Level 9

Re: Beans & Dreams: A Journey through Coffee Brewing and Tasting

Nice place indeed; I will definitely try it. We love to have coffee at such interesting places, @Tushar_Suradkar.👍

Cheers!

Level 9

Wow wonderful experience @Tushar_Suradkar and yes I’m ready to come as a friend! 😀

Parag Kokane

LocalGuidesConnect
Instagram: @birdsofindiansubcontinent
Level 7

I could almost smell the coffee brewed and taste it's bitter rich flavors while reading your post @Tushar_Suradkar!

I enjoyed reading this as much as you enjoyed drinking your cuppa... 

Connect Moderator

Welcome, dear @paragkokane 🤝

You can host a meetup there as well 😊

though I would expect it to happen at a bird-watching spot 👍 

Connect Moderator

Thank you. dear @tidkeprashant_2019 for the appreciation 👍

Level 7

In the country where Chai is popular drink to have such a coffee cafe is cool and got to know how to test coffee with this post thanks for such explanation @Tushar_Suradkar  sir

Connect Moderator

Perfectly said @Ru_pali4 

Tea tasting was known to me previously, but coffee is new 😊

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar When I was in Pune Karve Nagar a few months ago, I used to pass past this third-wave coffee shop but never went in, and I felt I had missed out. You have eloquently described everything and the processes of brewing, and I would want to visit once. The next book shop looks quite distinctive.photos and ambience look cool

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner