Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Challenge: Share ♿ information on Google Maps to win a custom Connect badge

Caption: An illustration of two people, one in a wheelchair, sitting at a table drinking coffee.Caption: An illustration of two people, one in a wheelchair, sitting at a table drinking coffee.

Update January 2, 2024: Hi everyone, thank you for taking part in this challenge! Submissions are now closed. Please allow us some time to go through all the entries. We will announce the results in a new post. Stay tuned!

In honor of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, celebrated on December 3, we’re kicking off a new accessibility challenge. If you want to support those who need this information on Google Maps with the chance to win a special edition Connect badge, keep on reading! 

Local Guides have always shown a passion for making the world more accessible through their contributions on Maps. Like @EmekaUlor and the One Accessibility Initiative, who are organizing a Worldwide Accessibility Walk for the fifth year in a row. Or those of you who share reviews and photos and make edits that help millions of wheelchair users and individuals who struggle with stairs plan an enjoyable time out with friends and family.

Since 2017, Google Maps has built a foundation of wheelchair-accessibility information for millions of places around the world, thanks to you, our dedicated community, and Google Business Profile merchants. Today, it’s your contributions that give us the confidence to display the wheelchair icon by default on the placesheet of 40 million businesses worldwide.

Now, are you ready for the accessibility challenge? 

The challenge

1. Write a review of an actual experience you had at a place. 
  2. Include the icon in your review and mention helpful details, such as accessible parking, entrance, restroom, and more.
  3. Post your review on Maps after the start of this challenge, December 1.
  4. Share a link to your review in the comments below before December 31 (included)

Note: To share a review, open Google Maps on your computer or phone, go to your profile, find your review, and tap the Share button under it. Copy the link and paste it in your comment.

The criteria

We will consider helpfulness, quality, and originality. This means that you should describe your genuine experience in your own words and not copy information from the internet. Your review should follow our Community policy and the Maps user-generated content policy.

The winners 

Everyone whose review follows the challenge instructions and criteria above will be awarded a brand new, special edition accessibility badge on Connect! Winners will be announced in a new post.

Join this challenge by December 31. Share your Google Maps review in the comments below for a chance to win a Connect badge!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

204 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Challenge: Share ♿ information on Google Maps to win a custom Connect badge

This indeed is a good initiative and inspiration for local guides @Ivi_Ge 

Thank you for this opportunity.

I think it would also be a good highlight for attendees of my 45th Accessibility Meetup that was conducted as part of the Accessibility for All movement. 

This is a group of 12 local guides who have conducted over 85 meetups on the topic of accessibility over the past few years.

Tushar_Suradkar_0-1701447497067.png

Tagging Accessibility Champions @KashifMisidia and @DrFoodieOfficial 

Level 10

That's great to hear from you @Ivi_Ge on sharing information on Google maps. 

As a practice, almost for a year now, in every review of mine I describe about accessibility and accessible Parking.

Soon, I will share a link of my review post December 1, covering the subject details.

Once again thanks for initiating this noble subject.

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 8

Hi @Ivi_Ge this is really nice challenge. I would be surely participating 😀

Happy Guiding 😊

Level 8

Thank you @Ivi_Ge for creating this great opportunity of contribution towards Accessibility on maps. I will be participating for sure. 😊

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

Namaskar,

@Ivi_Ge 

Intrested in this Challenge, thanks for sharing..

Connect Moderator

WAW!!! We are in!

Thank you @Ivi_Ge and the Local Guides Team for this special challenge.

Google Maps will see more accessibility information this month. 

Let's make the world more accessible for everyone everywhere! 

Connect Moderator

Wow @Ivi_Ge 

This indeed is a great initiative we would work towards it. Please keep this challenges coming and keep the community together.

See you around on the platform. One accessibility team !!!

Happy guiding 

Cheers

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Thank you thank you very much dear Googler @Ivi_Ge 👍 for initiative this challenge

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

@Ivi_Ge maravilloso post, Argentina también va a decir presente en el Challenge con el meet de @Jesi. vamos aprovechar la ocasión para hacer muchas reseñas. 👍🇦🇷👍