AnshukMitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Connecting Rural India - 4

Caption: An illustration of heart with a collage of different types of roads and me chilling out!Caption: An illustration of heart with a collage of different types of roads and me chilling out!

Ah, we are about to enter a new year. When 2022 started I had only intended to host Connecting Rural India for one season, and that too up till the month of March. The journey, the challenges and the enthusiasm drove me to continue till the end of the year.

This year was distinct from the previous ones. Can you guess how? This was due to the fact that I was concentrating on both creating and eliminating roads.

What inspired me to think about this?

Roads that are very close to or on rivers can be perilous for humans in numerous locations around India. These dangerous routes often result in accidents and can take you somewhere unexpected. I have personally encountered them several times and have wished to get rid of them.

Caption: Missing road in Thandi Beri getting published.Caption: Missing road in Thandi Beri getting published.

In many ways, this season was greater than the last. It lasted for an entire year and spanned many states as well as countless towns and villages. I needed days to complete the entire number count.

Guess what? I have completed adding 500 roads to Google Maps. For me, this marks an incredible milestone.

Stats:

• Duration - January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022
  • Region - Parts of North India, West India and Central India.
  • States Covered - Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra.
  • Road Addition (Applied) - 336
  • Road Addition (Published) - 258
  • Road Removal (Applied) - 57
  • Road Removal (Published) - 8
  • Road Editing/Modification (Applied) - 6 
  • Road Editing/Modification (Published) - 3

Here is a video of me speaking on Connecting Rural India in October. As you can see, I'm outlining the operation of the CRI mission as well as my objectives for Season 4. I want to express my gratitude to Bharat Agrawal, my buddy, for helping me record this.

I intend to travel to other states and take my mission to other countries. If you want to join me and take it worldwide, ping me at any time. Before I sign off, I want to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year.

Anshuk.

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Connecting Rural India - 4

I appreciate your work and dedication to connecting rural India. Well done @AnshukMitra 

Keep it up. 

I also go under the same mission to connect the villages with the city.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thank you so much @NareshDarji, I appreciate your desire to connect villages and cities. Do ping me if you need any help or planning to do something in collaboration.

Connect Moderator

That is one of the best series of posts I saw on Connect. You are doing something remarkable bro @AnshukMitra 

Keep inspiring us 🙂

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

It is an honour to receive such a wonderful comment for my series. I'm blessed to read this, thank you @KashifMisidia .