NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Discovering Underwater Marvels: Scuba Diving at Malvan Beach, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

🙏 Namaste Motivated Local Guides 🗺

​Two persons (LG @NandKK & his Spouse) doing Scuba Diving underwater (photo by LG @NandKK)​Two persons (LG @NandKK & his Spouse) doing Scuba Diving underwater (photo by LG @NandKK)

Today, I wish to share with you my 🤿 scuba diving 🤿 experience at Malvan, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra. 

Nestled along the pristine Konkan coastline, Malvan Beach in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra, offers a mesmerizing underwater world waiting to be explored. Scuba diving at this picturesque location provides an exhilarating experience that goes beyond the surface.

One person (LG @NandKK ) standing infront of a beach with 6 oxygen cylinders (Malvan beach) (photo by LG @NandKK)One person (LG @NandKK ) standing infront of a beach with 6 oxygen cylinders (Malvan beach) (photo by LG @NandKK)

Upon reaching Malvan Beach, we found numerous beachside stalls with agents offering scuba diving and other water sports activities. We booked our dive sessions from one of the agents. it cost us 1500 INR (18 USD) per person including the charges of photographs and underwater GoPros Videos.

By 2 PM we reached the given location, from there a boat took us to the vicinity of the Historical Sindhudurg Fort on an island. The shallow waters near the fort were an ideal location for scuba diving. The calmness of the water in this area provides a serene and comfortable environment for both novice and experienced divers.

Prior to our dive, we underwent a 5-minute oral training session led by our instructor. This briefing covered the basics of scuba diving, hand signals, breathing ideas, and safety measures. As soon as I dared to dive into the Arabian sea, the 15-minute scuba dive became a journey into a surreal realm where vibrant coral reefs, schools of tropical fish, and unique marine life created an enchanting spectacle. The happiness derived from floating weightlessly in the crystal-clear waters is unparalleled.

The underwater visibility was superb, allowing me to fully immerse myself in the aquatic wonders. As I was very much comfortable and was not having any fear, the instructor took me to a depth of around 25 feet. At this level, a mesmerizing array of small, sea grass, colorful fishes—resembling Nemo—graced the surroundings. Various fish species gracefully swam in proximity, unafraid and seemingly curious. The close encounters even allowed me to gently touch a few. Soon after, another instructor brought my spouse to join the underwater exploration, and we seized the opportunity to capture enchanting couple photographs in this surreal aquatic realm.

One person (LG @NandKK ) standing infront of a beach (Malvan beach) (photo by LG @NandKK)One person (LG @NandKK ) standing infront of a beach (Malvan beach) (photo by LG @NandKK)

One of the highlights of our scuba diving experience was the presence of a coral reef. The vibrant and diverse marine life surrounding the coral reef created a kaleidoscopic underwater world. Swimming alongside the colorful corals and observing the marine ecosystem in its natural habitat added an extra layer of fascination to the adventure. 

​One person (LG @NandKK ) with scuba gears climbing on a boat of a beach (Malvan beach) (photo by LG @NandKK)​One person (LG @NandKK ) with scuba gears climbing on a boat of a beach (Malvan beach) (photo by LG @NandKK)     ​One person (LG @NandKK ) with scuba gears carrying away in the sea for diving by an instructor (photo by LG @NandKK)​One person (LG @NandKK ) with scuba gears carrying away in the sea for diving by an instructor (photo by LG @NandKK)

How to Reach :- 

NandKK_0-1706697064275.png  By Road - Malvan Beach is accessible by road, with well-connected routes from major cities like Mumbai and Pune.

NandKK_1-1706697064276.png By Bus - Daily bus services are available from the nearby major cities of Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Bangalore.

NandKK_2-1706697064276.png By Train - The nearest railway station is Kudal, approximately 30 kilometers away.

NandKK_3-1706697064274.png By Air - Nearest Airport is NandKK_4-1706697064277.png Dabolim Airport (GOI) in Goa which is approximately 130 kilometers away from Malvan.

NandKK_5-1706697064276.png Accessibility -  NandKK_6-1706697064275.png Minimum to NONE  (This location is not well-suited for wheelchair accessibility, posing potential challenges for individuals using wheelchairs especially because of uneven sandy beaches.)

Tips for Travelers :

• Always book your dive through a certified diver.
  • Pay close attention during the 5-minute oral training session and hand sign.
  • Wear comfortable swimwear. 
  • Don't go bareback during scuba diving, especially on a sunny day, as you might experience saltwater burns.
  • Drink plenty of water, just before the dive to avoid throat dryness during the dive.
  • Finally, trust your instructor and stay calm during the dive then only you can enjoy the mesmerizing underwater experience.
  • You may experience ear discomfort after a dive due to changes in pressure, which usually resolves on its own as your ear adjusts to the pressure changes. To facilitate the healing process, consider swallowing, yawning, or gently blowing your nose while pinching it closed to equalize the pressure in your ears.

Tagging you all, because I hope you will like this post @TravellerG  @Rednewt74  @BudiFXW  @plavarda  @Tatsiana_T  @EfiKurniyawati @Stephanie_OWL 

Malvan, Maharashtra, India
39 comments
Level 9

Rif.: Discovering Underwater Marvels: Scuba Diving at Malvan Beach, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

@NandKKwhat a fantastic adventure, in the water without fear!! I, on the other hand, am very scared of water ah ah ah!!! An adventure full of love too! Congratulations you are a beautiful couple! A hug from Italy!

Paolo

Level 7

Re: Discovering Underwater Marvels: Scuba Diving at Malvan Beach, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

What an adventurous experience! 

@NandKK 

Thanks for sharing us broh.

Level 9

Re: Discovering Underwater Marvels: Scuba Diving at Malvan Beach, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

Wonderful adventure post @NandKK  with detailed information 

Level 9

What a great post @NandKK 

Diving inside  water is great  fun and fearful  I congratulate  both of you to doing this amazing experience .

jai Sitaram  🙏

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 8

Betreff: Discovering Underwater Marvels: Scuba Diving at Malvan Beach, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

Danke, dass du mich markiert hast @NandKK !

Bisher war ich selbst nur Schnorcheln, aber Tauchen steht ganz oben auf meiner Wunschliste!!

Ich war fasziniert von deinem sehr ausführlichen Bericht und all der wertvollen Hinweise.

Schön, dass du dies zusammen mit deiner Frau erleben konntest! Auch ich teile die schönsten Abenteuer und Erlebnisse gemeinsam mit meinem Mann.

Ein toller Bericht!

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Level 10

Rif.: Discovering Underwater Marvels: Scuba Diving at Malvan Beach, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

I deeply thank you for appreciating my post @plavarda . Your encouragement means a lot to me and serves as a great source of motivation. 

I also came to know that scuba diving is very popular in Italy too. Italy's coastline, characterized by its clear waters, submerged caves, and rich marine life, offers exceptional opportunities for scuba diving. Amalfi Coast, Sardinia, Sicily, and the waters surrounding the Tuscan Archipelago are the best locations. YOU MUST ALSO TRY FOR ONCE. Its really a lifetime memorable experience. 

Level 10

Thank You Dear @KhanSayfullah for appreciating my post. 

Have you ever done Scuba Diving ? 

I found on google that, in Bangladesh the Scuba Diving place is Saint Martin Island,  9 km south of Cox’s Bazar.

Level 10

Thank you dear @NirmalTeja  for appreciating my post. 

You must also try once, Malvan is good Scuba Diving place for beginners. However, in India, Andaman & Nicobar Island is best. 

Level 10

Hai @NandKK .

Its cool experience.

Honestly I never try this, cuba diving.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.