Mabecorp2's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Editing Businesses

I have sent an edit for a business called Fire Wings that is permanently closed.

Likewise, I have sent an edit for a new business Tea Villa, that is temporarily closed under new construction. These are both at the same location. 

6800 S Texas 6 A, Houston, TX 77083

Both edits keep getting denied by Google, yet both edits are 100% accurate. 

Please advise. 

Also, I have a question when setting up my username to post this message, I realized that my username was being used by me on another account. 

Therefore I have two accounts. 

One is named Mabecorp, the other is Mabecorp2 

Is there any way to combine these two accounts together? 

The old one is Mabecorp. The one I currently use is Mabecorp2.

Houston, TX, USA
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Editing Businesses

@Mabecorp2 , I am sorry for your issues, For help, I would like to tag Connect Moderator  @MortenCopenhagen  , if he missed this post.

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

Hello @Mabecorp2 

Regarding your edits if they are rejected it means Google AI can't verify your claims. You either keep trying or just let it be. You could also approach the buisness management and advise them to make edit to their POI. Please have a look at Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applied

It is a possibility that since they are both in the same location the AI has refused to get them approved. For more information,please have a look at Local-Guides-Tips-How-to-add-Located-Within-in-Google-Maps. 

Regarding your questions,it's not possible to combine 2 accounts. It is stated very clearly 👉🏼 Here that ; 

Contributions to Google Maps must originate from a single Google account to count towards benefits and cannot be transferred between owned accounts. 

Meanwhile it's against the Rules and regulations of the local guides program  which states that contributions and participation as a local guide must originate from one Google  account.  Please kindly choose one for the purpose of the local guides program and connect.. Then sign out of the other one. Thank you.

N.B

Meanwhile please edit your post to delete the contact address of the buisnesses you are talking about. Privacy is a major concern here. As a result its not allowed to share personal information like contact address,phone number etc on connect.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hi @Mabecorp2 

Kindly consider to always include MAPS links to the places when you post on Connect. This will allow us to help you better.

Editing and creating businesses that are not yet open for business can not be done by Local Guides.  But business owners can.

You can always check if a business is claimed by looking for the Claim this business-link.

Claimed businesses are generally better protected from edits = more difficult to edit.

Cheers 

Morten