Gurukrishnapriya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

First Ever Meetup

First of all I would like to thank God for making me a part of this wonderful community of Local Guides.  Yes I am writing this post to share my very pleasant experiences when I participated in the great meetup hosted by @NareshDarji and cohosted by @Tejal and @ashishdesai24  at LAKSHMI VILAS PALACE,  VADODARA,  INDIA. 

IMG-20230815-WA0001~3.jpg

First click trying to capture the bird in position.  The garden side of LAKSHMI Vilas Palace. 

First is always the best 

First smiles when I met them for the first time 

IMG-20230816-WA0006.jpg

I am going to describe my beautiful memories of my first virtual meetup outside my city, Chennai. This is my first time in many ways.

☆First of all I would like to congratulate Naresh Darji, Tejal, Ashish and all the Local Guides who attended this meetup and made it a tremendous success.

☆First time solo travel

☆First time planning for a trip.
☆First time making bookings all myself.
☆First time to Gujrat
☆First time meeting offline many Local Guides from other parts of India.
☆First time exploring a different place.
☆First time having a royal lunch
☆First time visiting a Palace with both Indian and International standards.
☆First time experience hearing to a different music.
First time writing a post after a long break.

☆First time I am incorporating so many superlative words in a post.

Starting point:

First, when I got a simple but friendly message from Tejal, "hi ma'am,  come to Gujrat,  for meetup" , welcoming me to Vadodara, I was a little bit worried, as I have to do a solo trip. I contacted Naresh Darji whether it is feasible to travel alone, he gave me courage and told that there are many Local Guides to take care of me and Vadodara is a safe place. I was super excited to travel all way from Chennai to Vadodara, as I have never visited this place.

Then I Googled and saw the pictures of the meetup venue Lakshmi Vilas Palace, I was amazed to see the excellent grandeur of the Palace. Then I decided I should take this opportunity for sure. 

20230813_140944.jpg

I started collecting details about my hotel stay, flight bookings and tourist attractions in Vadodara. I consulted senior Local Guides and drew up a proper plan for my visit. 

Naresh bhai introduced me to @Jitendra_pandya  ji, who welcomed me whole heartedly. He took care from the time I landed in Vadodara till the end of the meetup. 

Tejal introduced me to Ashish bhai and his wife Jignya. They met me on the first day evening itself.  Before the meetup day Me,Tejal and Jignya had a wonderful time for that one whole day. I enjoyed their company very very much.

My mentor and senior Local Guide @TravellerG Sir, helped me by providing the required information of places of tourist attractions,  to plan my itinerary.

It was really a great help for me and saved a lot of time during my visit. 

The Day of Meetup

First of all, Naresh Darji, Tejal and Ashish Desai have done the arrangements very meticulously and professionally. 

The much awaited meetup started with super excitement. When I arrived at the venue, it was a great experience to see the Local Guides in person, whom I have interacted through virtual meetups. In the background the Lakshmi Vilas Palace stood majestic. No words to express. Then we were guided to the terrace over the royal dining area, which is not open for general public. We could get an amazing view of the palace from there.

IMG-20230923-WA0004.jpg

We had our introductory session there. It's very different to interact with the Local Guides and we have now become like a family. 

After the introductory session we had the great grand Royal Lunch.  Definitely,  I will tell it's the best ever lunch I had.

Post lunch session 

1000065429.jpg

Group photo:

After the lunch we all assembled near the steps in the side corridor for a group photo holding our national Flag. It's really a big group of Local Guides from many parts of India. After the group photo we were taken on a tour inside the Palace. The guide described about a beautiful painting in the backside of the Palace, which we all mistook as the front of the Palace. Then he guided us to the front side of the Palace, where we took another group photo with the palace at the background. Inside the palace we are not allowed to take photos.

IMG-20230923-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230814-WA0003.jpg

Then we had the tour inside the Palace where he explained each and every nook of the Palace.  Since we cannot take pictures, we gave full attention to all the details explained by the palace tour guide. We came to know about the many interesting facts and information about the Palace's heritage, history and culture. Really a great experience. 

Then Tejal conducted a Q&A session,  which gave the Local Guides an opportunity to know about each other. The interaction with the other Local Guides,  really made me know more about LG Community.  One of the Local Guides, who was previously a Mapper, told me about one of Chennai senior most Local Guide and  mapper  @RtnArulPrakasamT Sir. I  was speechless to know how much we are interwoven. 

2 prizes were given to the top 2 Local Guides who got more marks. One prizewinner was my close friend @Shrut19 

@ModNomad gave a melodious musical performance and all the attendees enjoyed the music and danced to the tunes.

IMG-20230922-WA0001.jpg

ModNomad (Deepak ji) playing Mouthorgan.  

We also visited another museum adjacent to the Palace. Here we could see the display of beautiful portraits and pictures of the Royal people.  Beautiful artifacts, antiques and ceramics were also in display. Finally, the time to say goodbye. Though sad, we had to part,  but with  loads of pleasant and happy memories. 

Below is the picture of female Local Guides.

IMG-20230814-WA0001.jpg

Before saying goodbye. 

Hope you will surely enjoy reading this post.  Please do share about your recent meetup experiences. 

Thanks in advance. 

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Vadodara, Gujarat, India
44 comments
Level 8

Re: First Ever Meetup

Tagging @AdrianLunsong my first first mentor, for my writing posts in connect.  @DeniGu always gives me a feedback for further motivation.  @VickyKrish my first friend. Also my best friends@FalguniP , @RosyKohli @Selvamani_R @KashifMisidia @Jose_G_Benjamin @JohnPeter @Arati 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 7

Great time ahead with all LGs at Laxmi villas palace... 👍

This is meetup is one of my important & memorable event ever... Because this is my first ever offline meet up with all LGs... 😊

Thanks to all LGs who travels here to visit & making event memorable...

🙏🤗

Level 10

Wow... An exemplary post, dear friend @Gurukrishnapriya,

Very well conceived, written and presented. 

Most of the photos are also very good. 

Congratulations on presenting this fully detailed RECAP of the meetup.

I fully agree with you that the dedication of our @NareshDarji, @Tejal & @ashishdesai24 was of supreme quality.

Of course, our dear @Jitendra_pandya & Jignya too deserve our greetings.

I was extremely happy to see our dear @Shrut19 in Vadodara with her husband. 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me(sorry for the very poor quality, the screenshot was captured with poor internet).

And our very special LG @RtnArulPrakasamT is globally famous... Great that a couple of LGs recollected him. 🙏

And, what next to say... The whole team was SHAKEN by the music of our dear @ModNomad - no words... "Dancing to his tunes" - you are absolutely right... Through the virtual meetup, I was lucky to view the scene for a while. 

"... Though sad, we had to part"... this is life... 

"... but with loads of pleasant and happy memories..." that is most important. 

Thanks for mentioning me in your valuable RECAP - also, I'm extremely happy to hear that you still consider me as your mentor - usually, people forget yesterday... 

Hope to see you soon in Bangalore... 

Best wishes... 

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Thank you @Gurukrishnapriya for sharing with all us your beautiful experience. First time is always the best of times and is always start of the many travel journeys. I really liked the group photos! Indeed, stack of memories to be cherished for the lifetime! Memories again refreshed through your post! Thank you!

Level 7

Hello @Gurukrishnapriya  , yes indeed. Had a great meet-up and many memories. 

P.N.Patel
Level 9

அருமையான பதிவு, மேலும் உங்களுக்கும் இந்த சந்திப்பை ஏற்படுத்தியவருக்கும் மற்றும் இந்த அருமையான சந்திப்பில் பங்கேற்றவர்கள் அனைவருக்கும் என் வாழ்த்துக்களை தெரிவிப்பதில் மகிழ்ச்சியடைகிறேன். 

என் தற்போதைய பணியின் காரணமாக இது போன்ற சிறப்பான நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் பங்கேற்க இயலவில்லை. 

மேலும் நான் இந்த சமூகத்தை என்றும் மறக்காமல் இருப்பேன் என்பதை உறுதிப்படுத்துகிறேன்.. 

Level 9

அன்பு நண்பருக்கு நன்றி!

உங்களின் பதிவுகள் என்னை ஊக்கபடுத்துகிறது. 

என்னுடைய மிக முக்கியமான பணி சுமைகளுக்கு இடையே சில மணித்துளிகள் இந்த சமூகத்திற்கு ஒதுக்க தோன்றுகிறது முயற்சி செய்கிறேன். 

இந்த சமூகத்திற்கு என்னால் முயன்ற உதவி செய்ய என்னத்தில் உள்ளேன் என்பதை,  @TravellerG நீங்கள் அறிவீர்.

Level 8

I read your story about your first Google Meet Up trip, and it was absolutely awesome! I'm so glad you had such a positive experience, and I'm inspired by your story to get more involved with Google Meet Ups myself.

theAssstronaut
Level 8

Yes @bhayani_naitik 

Even it's first meetup away from my hometown.  I really felt very happy to see all the Local Guides. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.