Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: an uninhabited island in Japan, hiking the Dolomites, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, an uninhabited island in Japan, hiking the Dolomites, and more.

Caption: A photo of a green lawn with palm trees, a promenade, and a beach in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. (Local Guide @fasi6083)Caption: A photo of a green lawn with palm trees, a promenade, and a beach in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. (Local Guide @fasi6083)

@MashaPS: While reading through the amazing posts by Local Guides on Connect, I was attracted by the spectacular places in @fasi6083’s post,One Day Trip Suggestions in AlKhobar city, Saudi Arabia.” In it, he shows us around his city Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia. First, we visit the Khobar Corniche beach, where we can enjoy a variety of beach activities, such as boating, jet skiing, and even family picnicking. Next, we try some traditional Arabic food at the restaurants @fasi6083 recommends. We see mouthwatering photos of typical Arabic breakfast and lunch meals. The Local Guides also shares some useful information about transportation in the city as well as internet access and services. If you want to see more of the beaches and local cuisine in Al Khobar, make sure to read this post.

Caption: A photo of the Ougiike Pond on Minamijima Island in Japan, showing an arch-like hole in the cliffs over its light blue waters. (Local Guide @preceramic)Caption: A photo of the Ougiike Pond on Minamijima Island in Japan, showing an arch-like hole in the cliffs over its light blue waters. (Local Guide @preceramic)

@KlaudiyaG: This week, I stumbled upon a wonderful post about an uninhabited island in Japan called Minamijima. In @preceramic’s post, “The Most Beautiful Uninhabited Island in Japan, Minamijima,” you can see breathtaking photographs of pristine scenery. What I found very impressive is that the island is registered as a world natural heritage site and is considered a natural monument in Japan. @preceramic also shares a detailed guide on how and when people can visit this beautiful place. Feel free to check out his post for some travel bucket list inspiration.

Caption: An underwater photo of Local Guide @indahnuria holding the Indonesian flag. (Local Guide @indahnuria)Caption: An underwater photo of Local Guide @indahnuria holding the Indonesian flag. (Local Guide @indahnuria)

@Ivi_Ge: Let’s take a trip to Lampung, Indonesia, with Local Guide @indahnuria. It is located on the southern tip of the island of Sumatra, and the area around it is perfect for diving. In the post “UNDERWATER BEAUTY AND FLAG HOISTING CEREMONY IN TANJUNG PUTUS ISLAND, LAMPUNG, INDONESIA,” @indahnuria shared with us her unique way of celebrating Indonesia’s Independence Day on August 17: underwater. The most solemn ceremony on Independence Day is the flag hoisting, and this Local Guide did it at the bottom of the ocean! After that, she enjoyed the captivating underwater world.

Caption: A photo of Lake Braies, the start of Alta Via 1 hiking trail, against the backdrop of the Dolomites mountain range in Italy. (Local Guide @FlavioDA)Caption: A photo of Lake Braies, the start of Alta Via 1 hiking trail, against the backdrop of the Dolomites mountain range in Italy. (Local Guide @FlavioDA)

@Giu_DiB: Local Guide @FlavioDA takes us to the top of the Italian Dolomites through a wonderful path among the clouds in his post “Alta Via 1 of Dolomites.” If you love mountains, flowers, hiking, and wildlife, then this is the post you don’t want to miss. It is a narrative of a breathtaking journey with stunning views and detailed information from a true alpine and photo lover. The post also contains links to more photos, a list of refuges along the way, and a great time-lapse video of dancing clouds. Enjoy!

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

26 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: an uninhabited island in Japan, hiking the Dolomites, and more

@Ivi_Ge thank you for sharing this. I think they deserve it. I have seen a post of  

@fasi6083 and @indahnuria and was thinking they are wonderful! Congratulations dear 👏 wonderful job!

Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: an uninhabited island in Japan, hiking the Dolomites, and more

@Ivi_Ge Thanks For Sharing 😘.   

Level 9

Beautiful places @Ivi_Ge Thanks, 

Great post @fasi6083 @preceramic 👏🏻

Instagram - Google Maps Profile - #TeamTacos #México‌
Level 10

Thank you @Ivi_Ge @Giu_DiB 
I am very proud that my post was so appreciated. 🙏

Connect Moderator

Great selection of posts @Ivi_Ge 

Last photo is really beautiful, congrats @FlavioDA 

Connect Moderator

Wow, @FlavioDA's story was a real treat! Absolutely beautiful landscapes and a great collection of nature through animals and flowers too. Vivid descriptive writing to match the images as well! I actually even felt a bit dizzy from the photo of the descent looking down to Lake Lagazuoi.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Ivi_Ge for sharing this beautiful selection 😊. Nice to see a member of #TeamItaly as well, good job and congratulations @FlavioDA 😀.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 10

Hi @SP31 

Thank you very much of your wonderful words.

Here one more photo of Mount Pelmo.

Mount PelmoMount Pelmo