Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: autumn in Door County, an oasis in Italy, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, autumn in Door County, an oasis in Italy, and more.

Caption: A photo of a dirt road leading down to Lake Yehuin in Argentina, with snow-covered mountains in the distance. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)Caption: A photo of a dirt road leading down to Lake Yehuin in Argentina, with snow-covered mountains in the distance. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)

@Ivi_GeWhile we might have slowed down when it comes to traveling, thanks to @FaridTDF and his post “La responsabilidad de salir al campo,” we can go on a virtual road trip in the country around Río Grande, Argentina. Farid visits the nearby Lake Yehuin for the first time since the ease of travel restrictions in his area and shows us some magnificent photos from along the way. He also wants to send us a very important message: take care of the environment and choose wisely the places where you camp and prepare a fire. If you want to find out more, head to his post.

Caption: A photo of a drawing of a unicorn made by a child with DCD (Developmental Coordination Disorder). (Local Guide @Melissa_Langlois)Caption: A photo of a drawing of a unicorn made by a child with DCD (Developmental Coordination Disorder). (Local Guide @Melissa_Langlois)

@InaSHave you heard about Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)? Do you want to learn how you, as a Local Guide, can help children with this invisible disability through your reviews? If so, I would recommend checking out the post “Disability awareness: Learn about the Developmental Coordination Disorder” by @Melissa_Langlois. Apart from introducing the condition, she explains what details you can share in your reviews to make them helpful to parents looking for a suitable place for their children to play.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Sheetal_RS sitting on a bench and looking out at Lake Michigan from Sister Bay Marina. (Local Guide @Sheetal_RS)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Sheetal_RS sitting on a bench and looking out at Lake Michigan from Sister Bay Marina. (Local Guide @Sheetal_RS)

@Giu_DiBAutumn has always been my favorite season. When I was a kid, I couldn’t wait for things like the scent of roasted chestnuts, the grape harvest, or the new school year to start. The post “Fall Colors - Door County, Wisconsin” reminded me of those days and their sweet memories. @Sheetal_RS takes us on a one-day journey through the beautiful Door County, showing us the diversity of this wonderful strip of land in Lake Michigan with its brightly colored parks, winding roads, and breathtaking views. She also has an unusual restaurant recommendation if you happen to be in the area.

Caption: A collage of four photos showing a wooden bridge, rock balancing in the water, a butterfly on a flower, and a plant with small red fruits at Fontane Bianche, Italy. (Local Guide @ermest)Caption: A collage of four photos showing a wooden bridge, rock balancing in the water, a butterfly on a flower, and a plant with small red fruits at Fontane Bianche, Italy. (Local Guide @ermest)

@BobiishaThe post that I want to highlight this week is “Accessible Life - Autumn @ Fontane Bianche” by @ErmesT. In it, he tells us about the oasis Fontane Bianche in Italy, which has a special place in many of his accessibility projects. While Ermes remains true to himself in mentioning the accessibility features of the place, this time, he focuses more on its beauty in autumn. That’s why his post is also full of colorful photos that bring a sense of peace.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: autumn in Door County, an oasis in Italy, and more

Hey @Ivi_Ge,

great selection of posts, thank you for sharing them 😊. Super congratulations Local Guides, nice to read also @ErmesT and @FaridTDF 😁🎉😍.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

Interesting @Ivi_Ge Friday favorite is what I am looking forward to reading before every weekend.

Great job and congratulations to all whose articles being selected in Friday favorites!

Google Moderator

Thank you @LuigiZ and @Sophia_Cambodia for the kind words. Wishing you a great Friday 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Well done and congratulations on being selected Friday Favorites @FaridTDF, @Melissa_Langlois, @Sheetal_RS and @ErmesT.  You guys rock!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Great selection @Ivi_Ge 

Congratulations to @ErmesT @FaridTDF @Sheetal_RS 

And @Melissa_Langlois.

The post by Melissa was something which I didn't know before, and I would like to thanks her again to increasing my knowledge by this post.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Ivi_Ge for this post, and of course thanks @Bobiisha for enjoying the exploration of Fontane Bianche 

Congratulations to @Melissa_Langlois , I have been deeply impressed by your post.

I am exploring now Tierra del Fuego, on another superb post by @FaridTDF , and Wisconsin, thanks to the amazing post by @Sheetal_RS . One of the great benefits of this community is the opportunity to travel virtually, I am fully enjoying this aspect of Connect.

Thanks @LuigiZ , @AdamGT and @KashifMisidia 

Connect Moderator

Gracias por la mención @Ivi_Ge @y felicitaciones también por la gran selección de post para este viernes, todos Yam detallados y complementados con muy buenas fotos felicitaciones , @Melissa_Langlois , @Sheetal_RS y @ermest , me sorprendió el post de Melissa y a la vez le agradezco por el ya que son temas pocas veces tratados 👏

saludos desde la Tierra del Fuego 🔥 , Farid

Level 8

Wow! what a great surprise today to see that my post has made such an impact! Thank you so much @Ivi_Ge for the post and thank you @InaS for selecting me as your favourite! Congrats as well to the other local guides featured today.

Thanks, @AdamGT , @ErmesT , @KashifMisidia and @FaridTDF ! I'm glad I was able to share something useful for other local guides and your kind words encourage me to continue with other posts like these.

Level 9

เรื่อง: Friday Favorites: autumn in Door County, an oasis in Italy, and more

ดีใจมากที่คุณได้แบ่งปันภาพความงดงามของอิตาลี มาให้พวกเรา LGได้ชม มีโอกาสจะไปเยี่มชมสถานที่แห่งนี้สักครั้ง