Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: winter traditions in Belarus, a trip to the Himalayas, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, winter traditions in Belarus, a trip to the Himalayas, and more.

Caption: A photo of a ritual item symbolizing the sun and made of straw, used in the Belarussian celebration Kolyada. (Local Guide @OlgaKlimchik)Caption: A photo of a ritual item symbolizing the sun and made of straw, used in the Belarussian celebration Kolyada. (Local Guide @OlgaKlimchik)

@BorrisS: Christmas may be over, but I’m still in a festive mood! That’s why, this week, I chose @OlgaKlimchik's post, “Kolyada and Shchadrets Festivity Among the Ancient Slavs.” The post is a celebration of old Slavic rituals and traditions related to the winter equinox and the new year in Belarus. From a very descriptive text to amazing photos and videos, this post has it all. If you like to read about rituals from around the world, then Olga’s post is perfect for you.

Caption: A photo of a plane landing at Tenzing-Hillary Airport and people running from the runway. (Local Guide @AdamGT)Caption: A photo of a plane landing at Tenzing-Hillary Airport and people running from the runway. (Local Guide @AdamGT)

@Bobiisha: The post that grabbed my attention this week was “Follow your dreams but listen to your body!!“ by @AdamGT. In it, he tells us a story about his journey to the Himalayas and particularly about a young man in his Everest team. Adam shares not only the great moments but also the difficulties he and his team went through, his fears while riding the little plane to the world’s most dangerous airport, and the unexpected way in which he had to part ways with his new friend. All this makes his post very sincere and outstanding and definitely worth the read.

Caption: An underwater photo of a coral reef in Eilat, Israel, with a royal angelfish in the frame. (Local Guide @JoniG)Caption: An underwater photo of a coral reef in Eilat, Israel, with a royal angelfish in the frame. (Local Guide @JoniG)

@LilyanaZ: Exploring coral reefs seems like a wonderful experience, as proved by the photos in @JoniG’s post “Diving in Eilat's coral reefs.” The Local Guide mentions in his post that diving enthusiasts can find many dive centers and gorgeous diving sites in Eilat, Israel, and shows us some of the fascinating underwater creatures and corals you can see there. @JoniG encourages Local Guides to ask him questions in the comments, but we would also love for him to give us a deeper dive into his adventure next time.

Caption: A photo of a horse-drawn sleigh with a Santa Claus, a Snow Maiden, and a musician seated inside it in Ufa, Russia. (Local Guide @Emmik20)Caption: A photo of a horse-drawn sleigh with a Santa Claus, a Snow Maiden, and a musician seated inside it in Ufa, Russia. (Local Guide @Emmik20)

@Ivi_Ge: Up until a few days ago, the Russian city of Ufa was celebrating the New Year with various activities. In the post “City New Year Celebrations - Horse drawn Sleigh Contest, KIROVSKY @ 85, & Alexandra Pushkin Alley,” Local Guide @Emmik20 shares some of the holiday spirit with us and tells us about a lively horse-drawn sleigh contest he went to see. After that, he takes us on a stroll around the snow-covered streets of the city and shows us the beautiful decorations. Find out what Ufa has to offer in winter in his post

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

26 comments
Level 10

Re: Friday Favorites: winter traditions in Belarus, a trip to the Himalayas, and more

Wow! 
Thanks for the mention 😀
Next time I'll tell you all about how it feels down under the Red sea.

Social-Instagram-Creative-Contributor-Joni-G   
Joni Gritzner from Israel 
Guiding Star for 2021
Follow me on my Google Maps page

Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: winter traditions in Belarus, a trip to the Himalayas, and more

Nicely selected @Ivi_Ge 

Congratulations @OlgaKlimchik and @Emmik20 for making the count. 

Best regards 

Have a great weekend. 

Level 9

Hi @Ivi_Ge  Thank for featuring my photograph. The Contest is one that take place once in a year. I was lucky to be on ground to capture the moment the horse drawn sleigh was passing bye. 

Level 9

Hi @Austinelewex  Thanks for the good wishes. 

Best regards. 

Level 1

love this write up! will visit definitely

Level 9

Congratulations! @OlgaKlimchik and @Emmik20 for your nice posts. You deserve this. Keep writing for us. Regards. 

Connect Moderator

Oh @Ivi_Ge, please accept my apology for being late to this party but I just had no idea, @Bobiisha didn't give me any clues lol. Thank you so much @Bobiisha I'm so happy that my last minute post grabbed your attention.  Congratulations also to fellow Local Guides @OlgaKlimchik, @JoniG and @Emmik20 for also being selected as Friday Favorites, and I have to add, that I too really enjoyed @JoniG’s post “Diving in Eilat's coral reefs.” 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

Thanks a lot my dear @Ivi_Ge @for informing us with very useful and informative posts of these talented local guides and I also want to thanks and congratulate these local guides  @OlgaKlimchik  @AdamGT   @JoniG  @Emmik20  for their brilliant posts.

MUHAMMAD USMAN Facebook
Who am I
Level 9

@JoniG  After reading your post, it is impressive it made it to Friday favorites, it has all it takes to be selected. Please do share such an amazing post with us here on connect. 

Have a great weekend!