NirmalTeja's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Golconda Fort

Hello, Local guides,

The last time I visited Golconda Fort  it was located in Telangana state one of the historical forts all over India, it was built by the Kakatiyas in the 11th century. The Qutb Shahi kings then built the fort with a large granite building between the 16th and 17th centuries. Golconda was famous for its diamond mines, and it became a trading center for huge diamonds, including the renowned Koh-i-Noor and Hope.

Top View of Golconda FortTop View of Golconda Fort

The fort is a must-see for history buffs, admirers of architecture, and anybody curious about the rich cultural legacy of India. It is conveniently located near Hyderabad.

Front view of FortFront view of Fort

In the Evening time The fort features a spectacular light and sound performance that tells the story of Golconda and the dynasties who governed it. so many people come from different locations from all over the world. when we go to the top of the fort we can see the Hyderabad.

Top view of the fort wit the hyderabad  cityTop view of the fort wit the hyderabad city

Stone with the historyStone with the history

Inside the Golconda Fort, we will see the Mosque of Ibrahim, Ramada prison, Darbar Hall, and some Mosques are in the Fort, Mahankali Temple is there, and Drabar Hall different types of palace complexes is in the Fort.

Infront of the FortInfront of the Fort

After the Qutb Shahi dynasty Mughal Empire was started With the decline of the Mughal Empire, the British East India Company gained control over various regions, including Hyderabad. Golconda became part of the princely state of Hyderabad under British suzerainty. After India's independence in 1947, Hyderabad State joined the Indian Union. Golconda Fort became part of Andhra Pradesh, then Telangana.
The Golconda Fort, with its numerous rulers and cultural influences, represents the historical and architectural riches of India's Deccan area.

Guide map of Golconda Fort & Hisory of Fort in TeluguGuide map of Golconda Fort & Hisory of Fort in Telugu

Entry Ticket Prices :

Indian - 25rs

Foreigners - 300rs

Timings: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm

8 comments
Level 9

Re: Golconda Fort

Excellent post and photos, @NirmalTeja Teja Ji!

I visited this fort back in 2003 and had a wonderful time there.

Thanks for cherishing my memories.😎

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | A Photo Challenge of the Roses: Nature's Masterpieces | Unusual, strange siting challenge: I noticed a plane parked next to the highway! ‌ |
Level 10

Very nice and detailed post @NirmalTeja about the Golconda Fort.

Thanks for sharing with us @

Connect Moderator

Excellent photos @NirmalTeja 

Reminds me of the trip to the Fort in 1988 and again in 2009.

Did you find any diamonds  💎 there 😊

Level 9

Thank you for your compliments @Tushar_Suradkar i did not find any Daimonds there Qutub Shahi time they sell Daimonds and colour stones sell in the market..

Level 9

Thank you for your compliments @NandKK 

Level 9

Thank you for your compliments @ajitthite 

Level 10

@NirmalTeja  Thanks for sharing very informative post with nice photos. Keep up the good work.

Signature Image
Level 9

Thank you very much @PrasadVR