JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Happy Labor Day from Chennai, India

Labor plays major role in building the nation, keep the city clean and safe for living. I take this moment to thank them all. They are the heart of the city and the backbones of our country.  

First installed labour statue in Marina Beach & May Day ParkFirst installed labour statue in Marina Beach & May Day Park

In India, Chennai is the first city to host the labor union and installed the first labor statue in Chennai Marina Beach. Also, May Day Park in Chintadripet is installed in honor of tireless Labors. 

Here are few of my click while our beloved labors on action 

Carrying load in bullock cart, labor loading sands in the bags, rickshaw wala, roadside green leaves sellerCarrying load in bullock cart, labor loading sands in the bags, rickshaw wala, roadside green leaves sellerPasting wall posters, drivers, load mans, construction workersPasting wall posters, drivers, load mans, construction workerstea seller, waster collectors, roadside fruit and flower shop, road cleanerstea seller, waster collectors, roadside fruit and flower shop, road cleanersd

There is no higher work and lower work, so let us leave all discrimination mindset and let us respect the labors and make them live with dignity. Also let's raise our voice against child labor, discrimination based on gender and abuse at the workplace. 

Thank you,

With regards,

John Peter 

5 comments
Level 9

Re: Happy Labor Day from Chennai, India

Detailed and informative article John.

SARAVANAKANTH
??
Join with us in the Tamilnadu Local Guides WhatsApp group
Level 7

Nice one!!! 

Happy Mapping
Level 9

Sure and thanks for the post Brother @JohnPeter 

to strive, to seek, to find, and and not to yield,
Jose G Benjamin
Continue Guiding...

Level 8

Hi @JohnPeter 

First of all, thank you so much for this great post. I truly agree that they are the heart of the city and backbone of our country. I have wondered many times that if the Labour doesn't clean the city, how would the city be. They collect waste and keep the environment clean. And I salute them for what they do. As you rightly said, there is no higher work or lower work. Each and every work is best in its own way. Happy Labours Day. 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Thank you all for linking my photos and post. 

Let us make the best environment for labors to live with dignity integrity and fertility. 

Thanks to @SalmaanN@Jose_G_Benjamin @aravind_995 @Saravanakanth and all who liked it