Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Introduce Yourself — April 2023

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like March's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to allow us to share your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @JustJake! Jake is a Local Guide Level 8, and here’s what he shared.

Caption: A photo of Jake smiling. (Local Guide @JustJake)Caption: A photo of Jake smiling. (Local Guide @JustJake)1. Name: Jake (Just Jake)

2. Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I have realized that being a Local Guide has made me slow down and be much more observant and present in my hometown and places I visit.

I get encouraged by the accomplishments of others on Connect:

It's a nice feeling to be able to contribute a review, photo, or edit that will, hopefully, have a positive impact on a traveler or business. I also love the anonymity of the whole thing (unless you get caught or become a "star"). There are no prizes or monetary rewards, just the satisfaction of knowing there's so many of us going around quietly, making it easier for everyone else to navigate the world and find awesome places.

4. My favorite thing to explore: I am obsessed with the rural areas and small towns within Arizona (USA). There is quite a lot of history here that connects to the expansion of the United States and the cultural importance of the land I live on to the Native Peoples who have been here for thousands of years. Some of the rural areas have retained a sense of time back to when they were settled. Much of the Tribal lands are without modern services that exist only 50 miles away in a bigger town. The experience of being in these places, speaking with the locals, and understanding the challenges or reasons for the “character” of their home is my favorite.

5. Fun fact about me: Despite the layout of Phoenix, the 110 average days with temperatures over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and the infrastructure built for 7-passenger SUVs to go 100mph everywhere, I prefer to commute on a Vespa Scooter. Scooters are a rarity here, but we have a small community of Scooter enthusiasts, and we turn heads wherever we go. That's me, always needing more attention while trying to fly under the radar. 😂

Nice to meet you, Jake! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Jake in the comments below and to share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Phoenix, AZ, USA
270 comments
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2023

Hi Jake 

Nice to know you and hope to see you in Singapore soon!!!

You introduce yourself well and I should learn from you as a shining example of a true American hero

Jerry

Jeverio Yeo
Level 9

Hello Jake @JustJake 

Congratulation for featuring on the connect forum and nice to know more about you.

Thank you for introducing Jake with us and sharing the post @Ivi_Ge 

Connect Moderator

Hi @JustJake

Well deserved to get featured. And thanks for including a link to my Storefront series.

All the best and thanks to @Ivi_Ge

Cheers 

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Hello @Ivi_Ge 

Happy new month and thank you for starting this month's introduction thread.

@JustJake 

Congratulations again you are featured on connect for March introduction thread. It's quite hilarious that you are on a roll in connect these days. Guiding star,featured for this month etc. Watch out that you don't slip and fall 🤣🤣🤣

Keep up the roll and keep up the good work.

Happy guiding Buddy 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

I totally agree with you @JustJake that being a Local Guide helps you slow down and be much more observant and present. I found that I pay more attention to detail in the places that I visit.

Glad to see you flew back on the radar and got the attention for April's Introduce Yourself post Jake. I don't recall how but I knew you were into Vespers so you could have added something else for me 😉

ps: There's time for all of us to join the Billion Views Club Jake.  We'll see a couple of new members in the next day or so.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

Congratulation @JustJake and thank you @Ivi_Ge for this post.

SANJAY KUMAR DATTA
Level 8

Thank you @Ivi_Ge introduced jake Congraculation @JustJake nice to meet you

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here

Level 8

Betreff: Introduce Yourself — April 2023

Vielen Dank für diesen Monats Beitrag @Ivi_Ge  !!

@JustJake 😍 toll von dir zu lesen!!!

Unter dem Radar zu fliegen... 🤣🤣🤣🤣 hmmm, das scheint mir eher noch ausbaufähig zu sein 🤣🤣

Ich freue mich sehr, dich diesen Monat auf dem "Titelblatt" zu sehen 😉

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Level 10

@JustJake Congratulations on getting featured on introduce yourself. Great introduction. Vespa that is cool, I have ridden one of those back home in India.