ajitthite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Irani Cafe: Where CHAI is a tradition, not just a drink

Irani Cafe: Where CHAI is a tradition, not just a drink

The famous Iranian or Persian cafes are a hidden gem that takes you back in time. This Irani cafe is located amidst the busy streets of Camp, Pune.

The banner designed by me, showing some authentic pictures of the Irani Cafe, Camp, PuneThe banner designed by me, showing some authentic pictures of the Irani Cafe, Camp, Pune

Entering this cafe is like travelling back in time due to their charming old-world atmosphere, retro furnishings, and cosy, welcoming atmosphere that makes you feel absolutely welcome. It’s a mix of contemporary and vintage styles.

Photo 01: Main entrance of the Irani Cafe, from the street. An open space in the front for free two-wheelers parking. For four wheelers, it's paid parking on the street.

The large cauldron simmering with Irani black tea, a specialty that has been perfected over generations, is one of the first things that catches your eye as you walk into an Irani cafe. A unique flavour that is both comforting and energising is imparted to the tea through the infusion of a blend of aromatic spices.

Photo 02: Old, vintage style furniture, chandeliers, and an Iranian tea making cauldron welcomes as you enter.

Photo 03: Few traditional wall hangings, stained glass windows, old photos and certificates are at display in the main dining area.

These cafes offer a delicious menu that combines regional specialties with traditional Iranian fare. Everyone can find something they enjoy, such as keema pav, akuri (Iranian egg bhurji or scrambled eggs), bun maska, and Irani chai with milk or plain black. The variety of freshly made cakes and baked goods on display is one of its highlights. The flavours of the cakes, which vary from traditional to exotic, are rich and moist.

Photo 04: A snapshot of Iranian milk tea and bun maska omelet.  

T

here's always more to these Iranian cafes than just the food and beverages. The ambience, the feeling of community, and friendship. You will always be welcomed by a friendly smile upon arrival, even if it is your first time.

In Pune, they have also opened a few more locations, primarily in Kharadi, Viman Nagar, Kalyani Nagar, Prabhat Road, Baner, NIBM, and Wakad. So just stop by one of these charming cafes the next time you are in Pune.

Here is the link of my review of the place.

My friends, if you happen to know any of these timeless iranian or persian cafes from your local town or the places you’ve visited, then please do share your experience in the comments or in a post by adding the tag #iranianCafeCulture.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Pune, Maharashtra, India
20 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Irani Cafe: Where CHAI is a tradition, not just a drink

Previously, I thought Irani Cafe and Irani Chai were only types of cafes and tea.

But was not aware that a cafe by that name also exists.

Wonderful interiors and photos @ajitthite 👍

They have taken every care to make it look authentic, especially the blue tiles, chandeliers, and wall decorations create an amazing ambiance.

Level 10

Surely, you have very well explained your experience of this unique 'Chai' destination - Iranian Cafe!

Your neat and clean 'Cover Photo' is highly appreciated! Great!!!

The 'Shop-front' photo is extremely well captured.

Photo #4 is yummy... the tea takes a golden tint - nice!

Photo #2, the Irani Black Tea copper vessel looks very unique.

Overall a great post with pleasing photos and an enjoyable narrative.

Thanks for sharing with us, dear @ajitthite Ji. 

Regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

@ajitthite 

nice dada nice.

Level 8

Excellent post @ajitthite

The banner is just perfect. I liked all photos.

I haven't been to this place. But I have been to their Prabhat road branch quiet a few times. They have variable range of dishes. And interior is also awesome. Will surely try this one in Camp. 

Abhishek Patki
Level 10

Nice photos and descriptions @ajitthite 

Thanks for mentioning this great cafe and happy to see you had good moments in this cafe with an Iranian tradition theme.

Due to your descriptions, the owners of this cafe should also be Iranian or at least from the Parsis of India, Are they?

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Thanks for amazing information and detailed article, will surely explore in my upcoming Pune visit

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@ajitthite 

पोस्ट छान आहे,

दादर साईटला पाहिले आहेत मी, इराणी हॉटेल आता से कमी होत आहेत, कदाचित चेहरा मोहरा बदलून नवीन होत असतील,

शेअर केल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद..

Level 9

Actually, the Iranians and Parsis have run this business for ages; all the cafes run by them are known as irani cafes, and the teas are known as irani tea, respectively. But this particular chain of cafes is titled Irani Cafe, is indeed very famous in Pune, and is very authentic too.

Thanks for liking my post. @Tushar_Suradkar 

Cheers!

My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

It was indeed a unique experience after a long gap, so I thought of sharing it here. During my college days, I was a frequent visitor to the Iranian cafes in Mumbai, which were close by. It took me to those memories down the lane. 😊

Thanks for your appreciation, @TravellerG sir!

Cheers!