Tejal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore UNESCO's Prix Versailles 2023

Decoration during festival.Decoration during festival.Entrance of T2Entrance of T2Entrance of T 2 close up of sealingEntrance of T 2 close up of sealing

Hi LGS, Hope you all are doing well and enjoyed the Christmas party. We also celebrated in school with kids and spent some time with Santa.

Here I am overwhelmed to share with you all that I was selected to represent Canva for Education in Asia’s biggest education fair di-dac at Bengaluru. It was an amazing experience I met many new friends, and learned new concepts of AI.

My visit at Didac  bangluruMy visit at Didac bangluruInside view of airportInside view of airportaccessible facilities for traveleraccessible facilities for traveler

I did not get time to visit many places due to time shortage but I was amazed at the design of Bengaluru airport.It was

Bengaluru's Kempegowda International Airport managed to stand out in a recent announcement from UNESCO's Prix Versailles 2023. It has been recognized as the 'World's most beautiful airport' and was awarded the coveted 'World Special Prize for an Interior 2023.'

Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) recently inaugurated its new Terminal 2 (T2) at Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru (KIAB). The new terminal is spread across 255,000 square meters and can handle 25 million passengers annually.

The T2 is designed to offer a seamless and hassle-free travel experience to passengers. It has state-of-the-art facilities such as automated check-in kiosks, self-bag drop machines, and biometric-enabled boarding gates. The terminal also features a wide range of retail and dining options, including both local and international brands.

The T2 has been built with sustainability in mind. It has received a LEED v4 Gold certification for its energy efficiency and sustainable design. The terminal is equipped with energy-efficient lighting, a rainwater harvesting system, and a waste management system.

Passengers can access the T2 through a dedicated entry road and a multi-modal transport hub that connects the airport to the city. The hub includes a metro station, a bus station, and a taxi stand.

Overall, the new Terminal 2 at Bengaluru International Airport is a significant upgrade for the airport and is set to enhance the travel experience for passengers flying to and from Bengaluru.

I must say that all washrooms are highly neat and clean also arrangements are made for handicapped persons, senior citizens,s and pregnant ladies.

It was a lovely experience to visit this city. hope will visit again soon.

Link to my video

Link to more pictures

15 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore UNESCO's Prix Versailles 2023

@Tejal 

Ein interessanter Bericht über einen schönen Flughafen und die Bilder ergänzen diesen Bericht gut. Besonders gefallen hat mir das Bild mit der Dekoration.

Level 10

Betreff: Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore UNESCO's Prix Versailles 2023

Wow...

What a beautiful article about Terminal 2 and DIDAC, together... dear @Tejal .

Yes, firstly DIDAC is a major event for Education Industry, particularly when it is hosted from the Silicon Valley of India - proud of you (& thanks for making our community proud too) for being selected as the Ambassador of diva.

And TERMINAL 2:

"...'World's most beautiful airports' and received the esteemed 'World special prize for an interior 2023...." Report.

What else?

Congratulations... you have covered the terminal well!

Your photos are the best proofs for your explanations.

As mentioned by our fellow LG @Annaelisa, the photo with the decoration stands first - of course all photos are important & supports your post very well.

Thanks for sharing...

Will look for more photos...

Best wishes...

@Anil6969 @PrasadVR @ShailendraOjha @AnubhaBangia all will like this...

Love & regards to you all.

🙏

PS:

Could you please explain us what where your & visitors 'take-away' + your experience in DIDAC, when free?

Thanks in advance.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Re: Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore UNESCO's Prix Versailles 2023

@Tejal 

Appreciation for your effort in writing a beautiful post about Bengaluru's Kempegowda International Airport. Those stunning photos and the quality of the content are very impressive. Thank you for sharing the post. Thank you @TravellerG  for tagging me.

Signature Image
Level 8

@TravellerG 

Thank you for always supporting me but this time unfortunately we could not meet hope will explore more beautiful places on our next visit.

Regards Tejal 

Level 8

Wow it is so good to see India progressing and developing their infrastructure. The Bengaluru airport has been thoughtfully built and has been a destination in itself to visit. Thank you for sharing this informative article

Khushbu
Level 7

amazing post @Tejal  mam, great photos and the way you have written the post is interesting, thank you for sharing this amazing post mam

Prince
Team Delhi
TeamIndia

want to be a guest host in the #SportsOnMapsChallenge
click here- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePkFc34SSYnpGbhmp90KrxpPz5YrW58L_E66KG0Bk6RJ4TwQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Level 9

Yes @TravellerG 

I had already visited this post and liked too.

Thanks for tagging. 

Regards 

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 10

Nicely and deeply prescribed,  thanks for such a valuable information 👍 

With love & regards
JSharma Local Guide Delhi
#Local Guide India
Connect Moderator

Your post is a combination of great info and your amazing experience at Kempegowda International Airport.

I really enjoy reading the story and watching photos 😍

Thanks for sharing @Tejal jee 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge