indahnuria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, at a glimpse

A traditional boat floating near the Marina, Labuan Bajo, taken from Meruorah Hotel by LG @indahnuriaA traditional boat floating near the Marina, Labuan Bajo, taken from Meruorah Hotel by LG @indahnuria

Apa kabar semua?

Senang bisa kembali menulis di Connect setelah beberapa waktu terakhir ini saya sibuk dengan beberapa perjalanan yang harus dilakukan, baik di seputar Selandia Baru, negara tempat saya tinggal sementara saat ini, maupun ke beberapa negara di kepulauan Pasifik seperti Samoa, dan tentu saja, Indonesia.

I was super excited to finally travel back home to Indonesia after moving out in 2021 and this time, I was even lucky enough to visit one of the most beautiful corners of my beloved country, Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. Labuan Bajo is also famously known as the city of a thousand sunsets, as you can definitely enjoy spectacular sunset in many parts of the city and because it's scorching hot so many jokingly say that the sun in Labuan Bajo is not only one, but several.

I was there to support the team from my office for the smooth conduct of the 42nd ASEAN Summit. Held in Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia, on May 10 - 11, 2023, I was coming to Labuan Bajo for the whole series of the meetings, including the Senior Officials and Ministerial meetings held prior to the Summit with the ASEAN Leaders.

I spent about a week at Labuan Bajo, although most of the time I focused on my works. It was very intensive, from numerous general rehearsals and preparation for all the meetings, until the closing of the Summit and press conference by the President of the Republic of Indonesia. Again, although it was quite energy-consuming, but it was a very rewarding experience as well.

LG @indahnuria posed in front of the 42nd ASEAN Summit logo at Meruorah Hotel, Labuan Bajo, IndonesiaLG @indahnuria posed in front of the 42nd ASEAN Summit logo at Meruorah Hotel, Labuan Bajo, Indonesia

I initially stayed in Komodo Lodge then moved to Meruorah Hotel, the venue of the Summit.

The hotel, as well as the whole city, was gearing up for this prestigious meeting, getting ready to warmly welcome the ASEAN Leaders and members of their delegations.

The front part of Meruorah Hotel Komodo, Labuan Bajo, a day before the opening of ASEAN SumitThe front part of Meruorah Hotel Komodo, Labuan Bajo, a day before the opening of ASEAN Sumit

Once the meetings were concluded, I managed to have a glimpse at the spectacular landscapes Labuan Bajo is world-widely famous for.

Before heading back to Jakarta then Wellington, I also had 3 dives (we dived in Penga kecil, Makassar Reef, and Batu Bolong sites),  short island - hopping at Komodo island and Pink Beach, and a mini city tour, including Batu Cermin cave,  in Labuan Bajo. In such a short period of time, I tried to see and enjoy Labuan Bajo as much as I can. Well, that's what I managed to squeeze in my itinerary so far. Lucky me!

Here are some quick snaps I took during my stay in Bajo and for sure, more stories are coming!

Sunset at Labuan Bajo, taken from Escape Bajo by LG @indahnuriaSunset at Labuan Bajo, taken from Escape Bajo by LG @indahnuria

Saying hi to the manta while LG @indahnuria dived at Makassar Point siteSaying hi to the manta while LG @indahnuria dived at Makassar Point site

more boats flocking around the marina at Labuan Bajomore boats flocking around the marina at Labuan Bajo

LG @indahnuria met the female Komodo at Komodo islandLG @indahnuria met the female Komodo at Komodo island

Morning has broken at Labuan BajoMorning has broken at Labuan Bajo

mini me LG @indahnuria enjoyed the Pink Beach, Komodo Islandmini me LG @indahnuria enjoyed the Pink Beach, Komodo Island

The unique Pink Beach, Komodo Island, taken by LG @indahnuriaThe unique Pink Beach, Komodo Island, taken by LG @indahnuria

LG @indahnuria posed at one corner of Batu Cermin cave, Labuan BajoLG @indahnuria posed at one corner of Batu Cermin cave, Labuan Bajo

The stunning sunset and LG tumbler at Labuan BajoThe stunning sunset and LG tumbler at Labuan Bajo

Well, obviously there are so many beautiful places in Labuan Bajo that you can enjoy as well as activities you can do. As you can see, I haven't visited many of them and done the full sailing and island hopping to Padar Island, as well as Rinca and Kanawa. I will definitely get back here again with my family, hopefully soon. But for now, I am blessed I get the opportunity to enjoy a glimpse of Labuan Bajo's amazing landscapes. I'll be back!

Teman - teman sudah ada yang pernah mampir dan mengunjungi Labuan Bajo sebelumnya?

Ada tempat favorit yang dikunjungi? Share ceritanya ya kolom komentar ya...

Sampai jumpa di cerita berikutnya..

41 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, at a glimpse

It's always my dream to visit Indonesia, because I believe Indonesian Culture and Tourism is more vast than our imagination.

I saw your picture with Komodo 😀 you are so brave , because I watched alot of videos of Komodo Hunting, and maybe I will surely afraid to go near to any Komodo 😀

Thanks @indahnuria  for sharing beautiful virtual tour ofLabuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara ❤️

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 6

Wonderful Indonesia at its best! Labuan Bajo has been on my bucket list as well and let's go back there together @indahnuria. Island hopping will definitely be my top choice as well as seeing the Komodo up close and personal hehe

Level 9

@indahnuria 

Wow congratulations you were part of the summit ,In remember few months ago out Prime Minister Modiji was in Indonesia for G-7 Summit ,That time few places was show of Indonesia it's beautiful.

Now G.7 summit it's in India going on I prayer to God you get chance to attend it in India.

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos of submit best one was Mini LG so cute check Ermes post of Flat Stanley share it .My best wishes to you.

Indonesia,Bali is in our wish list.Let see when God blessing are there I can travel see beautiful country.

Level 10

Nice post, dear friend Indah..

Yes, as mentioned by our @RosyKohli, our Prime Minister also was in Indonesia... Right?

Interesting post with beautiful photos...

How many days were you there?

I appreciate your zeal to dive, when you get a small chance - congratulations.

I loved the first photo... it's a very good wall hanging frame...

Great trip...

🤝🌹👍

@indahnuria 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Seeing the blue waters of the sea reminded me of the movie Narnia. In one word, charming @indahnuria 

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here

Level 10

@indahnuria Thanks for the post.

SANJAY KUMAR DATTA
Level 10

Namaskar..

@indahnuria 

Very nice to see you in front of the 42nd ASEAN Summit logo at Meruorah Hotel, Labuan Bajo, Indonesia..

thank you for this post..

hopefully @RosyKohli & I visit Bali some day..

Level 9

@Shrut19 

Yes Shruti we both will go I hope you remember story telling meet by @Ewaade_3A we had landed to Bali they had described Bali so beautiful still can't forget it's images are still in my Mind.With Grace of God we will enjoy at Bali with our friends.

Level 8

Que passeio espetacular! E esse por de sol de tirar o folego. Fiquei encantada com sua postagem de Labuan Bajo , despertou em mim o desejo de conhecer essa cidade e esse pais. Como é lindo o nosso planeta! Através de das lentes dos Locals guides posso conhecer locais e cultura que não está fora da minha roda de convivência. Obrigada por compartilhar.