KamalHossenR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Let's help Dengue patients on World Mosquito Day-2023

KamalHossenR_0-1692553918044.jpeg

Caption : A blue background with an image of a mosquito and the Local Guides logo with some text that reads Let's help Dengue Patients on World Mosquito Day 2023

20 August 2023 is World Mosquito Day. On this day, mosquito day is observed in different parts of the world.

The day is recognised to create awareness among people about the mosquito borne diseases, and their effect on human health. Diseases like Chikungunya, Malaria, and Dengue caused by mosquitoes can be life threatening, if not provided with proper medical attention.

For about two months, many people are dying due to dengue disease caused by this mosquito in different districts of Bangladesh

Dengue update 

Dengue fever is a serious mosquito-borne disease that poses a significant health threat in many regions around the Bangladesh 🇧🇩 . We can help those who are affected by mosquito related diseases through Google Maps, so I invite all local guides to try to help them on this World Mosquito Day. We have a unique opportunity to contribute to dengue prevention efforts in your community. By utilizing the power of Google Maps, you can raise awareness, share crucial information and engage in activities that help reduce the risk of dengue transmission.

A dengue patient needs to be treated quickly and hospitalized and if the patient's condition worsens, the patient needs to be given blood, so I consider these things. I have already made a list of Hospitals and a list of Blood banks. 

If you want, you can create a list on Google Maps of hospitals, clinics, and medical centers that offer dengue-related services in your vicinity or if not on Google Maps, you can add them to Google Maps and update the information.

This information can be invaluable during an outbreak, helping individuals quickly locate nearby medical help. Include contact details, operating hours, and any special instructions.

As a Local Guide, your efforts can make a significant difference in the fight against dengue. By leveraging the tools and features of Google Maps, you can raise awareness, provide essential information, and mobilize your community to take proactive steps toward dengue prevention. Together, we can create healthier and safer environments for everyone.

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Barisal Sadar Upazila, Bangladesh
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Let's help Dengue patients on World Mosquito Day-2023

@KamalHossenR me sumo a tu Campaña, desde Argentina también sufrimos del dengue más en verano.

Lamentablemente mueren muchos argentinos por esta causa si bien nuestro país ya está desarrollando una vacuna, aún falta mucha concientizacion para la población 

Level 9

Dear @Maximilianozalazar

Thank you very much for joining me.

It's really sad that in your country Argentina too many people die from dengue but it's good news that your country has developed a vaccine for it. 

Level 8

West Nile in the States is being reported often. A great tool I found that I am not affiliated with is:

https://www.globalincidentmap.com 

It also shows Dengue reported cases. Sadly many cases are probably not reported so this is a great post for awareness. 🌟

Level 9

Dear @TiffanyStockstill

Thank you for sharing that valuable resource! Raising awareness about diseases like West Nile and Dengue is essential, and tools like the Global Incident Map can help us stay informed about reported cases.