christophesubilia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Story with two enthusiasts Local Guides in Geneva (Switzerland)

Christophe (from Switzerland) and Roger (from Brazil) local guides in Geneva in front of l'Horloge FleurieChristophe (from Switzerland) and Roger (from Brazil) local guides in Geneva in front of l'Horloge Fleurie

Small world alert! Imagine my surprise bumping into @RogerOhayashi, a fellow Local Guide I met at the last Connect Live event in San Francisco back in 2019, right here in Geneva last week!

Visiting the world from Brazil, Roger was on a French-speaking tour that brought him to Geneva. Thrilled to hear from him, I had the pleasure of showing him around the city last week.

As a reminder.. once connect live was over and because he can speak french, we met again at several French-speaking virtual meet-ups:

Tips & tricks virtual Meetup for French speaking Local Guides

Discutons ensemble de la communauté francophone

Présentons nos spécialités culinaires locales

On the agenda:

• Must-See Sights: The iconic Jet d'Eau water fountain and the intricate floral clock (see the first picture), a true masterpiece of watchmaking artistry.

Swiss and bresilan local guides in front of Jet d'eau in GenevaSwiss and bresilan local guides in front of Jet d'eau in Geneva

• Boat Tour: We hopped on the Mouettes Genevoises, a fun and scenic way to reach the Jet d'Eau while enjoying stunning views of Lake Geneva. This service is even included in the Geneva public transport network, a great tip!

In front the start for Eaux-Vives (yellow boats)In front the start for Eaux-Vives (yellow boats)

• Off the Beaten Path: We ventured to La Jonction, the unique spot where the Rhône and Arve rivers meet, creating a striking contrast with their different shades of blue.

La JonctionLa Jonction

• Chocolatey Delight: For a chocolate lover like Roger, visiting one of Switzerland's top chocolatiers, Läderach, was a must! We each indulged in a praline, and the customer experience and taste were phenomenal.

Picture by Pixel 8 in laderach shop of GenevaPicture by Pixel 8 in laderach shop of GenevaPicture without filter with my Google Pixel 8Picture without filter with my Google Pixel 8

• Lakeside Finale: To wrap up a perfect day, we enjoyed coffee at the Cottage Café, with a breathtaking view of the Jet d'Eau. Thank you Roger you made me discover this amazing spot of a coffee in Geneva

A meeting filled with shared experiences and discoveries, perfectly embodying the spirit of the Local Guides. 

It was a pleasure to see Roger. We had a lovely afternoon that went by very quickly. We were able to talk about the local guides' programme. 

This gave me the opportunity to follow the rest of his french trip to Annecy and Paris on his instagram. Don't hesitate to follow us on our respective accounts to have more news..

Feel free to share your own inspiring experiences and encounters from last week in the comments below!

#FrenchLocalGuides #Connect #Geneva #Switzerland 🇨🇭 #Brasil 🇧🇷

Check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps
I'm a Local Guide because I love #help #share #discover #travel

I'm from Lausanne, Switzerland and live in Vevey, Switzerland
Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Genève, Suisse
34 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Local Story with two enthusiasts Local Guides in Geneva (Switzerland)

@christophesubilia 

Ein sehr interessanter Bericht über dieses Zusammentreffen in der schönen Schweiz.

Tolle Bilder von den Sehenswürdigkeiten und der LG 

Level 9

Thank you @Annaelisa ! You are from Germany ?

Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

@christophesubilia 

Ja ganz aus dem Norden zwischen Ostsee und Nordsee.

Aber bis Basel bin ich auch schon mal gekommen 👍😊

Level 9

Ok super nice @Annaelisa ! What is your memory about Basel ?

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

@christophesubilia 

Leckere Schweizer Schokolade,

aber wer weiß schon wenn man in den Bergen und Wäldern spazieren geht, ob man sich gerade in Österreich oder schon der Schweiz befindet.

Auf jeden Fall wunderschöne Landschaften.

Level 9

Yes the mountains in this area and the views are amazing! Thank you for sharing @Annaelisa !

#frenchlocalguides
Level 8

Re: Local Story with two enthusiasts Local Guides in Geneva (Switzerland)

@christophesubilia Saludos cordiales desde Colombia, que linda historia, amigos sin frontera👊

Level 9

Re: Local Story with two enthusiasts Local Guides in Geneva (Switzerland)

Oh thank you @Carlos23- ! I hope te see you in Switzerland one day

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

@christophesubilia 

Vom südlichen Schwarzwald aus bin ich in Basel gelandet und habe dort wirklich nur Schokolade gekauft und kurz umgeschaut, mehr auch nicht.

Zudem ist mir Basel sporadisch  durch Arbeitsrichtlinien immer wieder begegnet, meine Begeisterung hielt sich in Grenzen.

Bei anderen Aufenthalten am Bodensee Konstanz und Bregenz und zudem von einem kleinen Ort Scheidegg bin ich durch Wanderungen viel herum gekommen.

Ich esse auch sehr gerne Appenzeller Käse aber den kann ich hier kaufen.

Herzliche Grüße aus dem Land zwischen den Meeren.