Anil6969's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

#LocalGuidesLove- My love to travel- Kashi, Manikarnika Ghat ( Part -2)

Hey Friends ,Morning Boats are waiting at Ganga River for youMorning Boats are waiting at Ganga River for you

Hope you have Liked my last post of Manikarnika which got some 111 unique like and comments thereafter which inspire me come with Part-2 if you have missed the Part -1 ,Here is the link so the interest will be continue and you don't have to explore for connectivity 

#LocalGuidesLove- My love to travel- Kashi, Manikarnika Ghat

Here are some important Point of interest s in Varanasi.

BHU (Banaras Hindu University) (Wiki) is the oldest university in India which was also known as the Oxford University of East India. The BHU campus is so big that you need one full day to visit BHU alone to Look around.

Manikarnika Oldest Ghat in Kashi displayManikarnika Oldest Ghat in Kashi display

Manikarnika Ghat: (Wiki)

1. The Sanskrit meaning of Manikarnika - Mani means Gem and Karnika means ears; Ghat = Steps leading to a river.
  2. When Daksha, son of Lord Brahma, humiliated goddess Parvati, she set her body ablaze. Grief struck Lord Shiva takes the half-burnt body of Ma Parvati (his wife) and roams towards the Himalayas. Seeing the pathetic situation, Lord Vishnu uses his ‘Chakra’ to cut her body into 51 pieces; wherever the parts fell, that place came to be known as “Shakti Peeth”. 

Manikarnika is where her earring fell - so the name, as explained above.

1. Furious Lord Shiva started destroying the world; at his Angriness, Lord Shiva spared Kashi. Thus, Kashi is a blessed place & hence sacred,.

Manikarnika temple DOME insideManikarnika temple DOME inside

More than 9 month the temple is in water sand is visible at gateMore than 9 month the temple is in water sand is visible at gate

The Kedar Ghat I started from hereThe Kedar Ghat I started from here

The waves of Ganga never say Good bye say Come againThe waves of Ganga never say Good bye say Come again

Lalita Ghat: (Wiki)

This is another very famous ghat and close to Manikarnika ghat. This relatively new Ghat & temple was made by the King of Nepal, Rana Bahadur Shah, during the early 19th century.

Varanasi (Wiki) is famous for its silks called BANARASI SILK with brocades of gold and silver thread. A renowned carpet-weaving centre is at Bhadohi. Wooden toys, bangles, etc. made of glass, ivory and brassware are also produced in Varanasi. The city is host to numerous religious festivals.

Sarnath Museum (Wiki) is the oldest site museum where you can find details of the Sleeping Budha statue and many more. 

Ramnagar fort (Wiki) was made in the 17th century and Ramnagar fort Still holding the old traditional tank and museum, 

Bharat Mata temple (Wiki) though this temple is not having any god or goddess statue as this is dedicated to the country

Manas temple (Shri Satynarayan Tulsi Manas Mandir) (Wiki)this temple is known as Tulsidas who wrote Ramayana also named as Ramcharitmanas, one of the Holy Granth of  Hindus.

Sankat Mochan Hanuman Mandir (Wiki) of Lord Hanuman was established by Tulsidas.

Alamgir Mosque (Wiki) is the oldest Mosque built by Aurangzeb. It is said that it was built on the demolished site of the Kashi Vishwanath temple, situated on the bank of river Ganga.

The evenings are more beautiful as in the evening Aarti (the rhythmic (up & down) movement of lit lamps by several priests) of Ganga River happens (in Dusawmedh Ghat) which is unique in the world - this lasts for 45 minutes. During Diwali, the number of lamps crosses a Million which is a world record too especially on the eve of Deepavali (festival of lights and lamps). The best place to view the aarti is from River Ganga on a boat.

Hope you enjoyed the information and Photos;

Kindly let me know with your comments if you want to know anything more as its very difficult take to complete the post in just 2 part as its a long story.

thanks and regards

Anil.

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

47 comments
Level 7

Re: #LocalGuidesLove- My love to travel- Kashi, Manikarnika Ghat ( Part -2)

Most awaited post @Anil6969 ji....

Beautiful pictures and amazing post.What I personally feel that.........

Photography is not for just looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures

Thank you for this wonderful post 

Level 9

Thanks @Radhikasingla1 ,

What you said is correct still I have so many to tell about this Kashi and Manikarnika that I think u need one more post is still incomplete ,Though I had shared the hyperlink for the friends who want to know the details of further places attached too.

Hope my pic is able to give you the feel of Ganga ji on Boat, you too can share your varnasi pic I am sure you must have visited at least at once.

Regards

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

Thanks @ErmesT  for liking part -2,

I am really surprise & happy that @TravellerG this time I have not even tagged or shared with LG still I can see 7 Likes which shows the true they were expecting for part -2 ,

Thanks @Shrut19 , @Getulio @PaDeSSo @EliKrumova for the first and early liking this part -2 of the post .

Regards

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 7

I agree with you @Anil6969 ji...it will be a long post to describe Varanasi...

I hope you have  enjoyed Ganga arti while sitting in the boat  from the middle of Gangaji...Its feel very amazing 

Level 9

Sahi hai bhai @Anil6969 !!!
It's very informative and with nice pictures too! 👍

Jai Shri Ram!🙏

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | A Photo Challenge of the Roses: Nature's Masterpieces | Unusual, strange siting challenge: I noticed a plane parked next to the highway! ‌ |
Level 9

No @Radhikasingla1 ji,

Due to shortage of time I Missed that Aarti which is one of the most famous and awesome experience,

However I recommend in my post to all not to miss as this is very important event.

Yes Kashi has got 80 Ghats to cover each and every ghat I may have to write a book for ghat only than so many other places like BHU, Manshmandir, sanakat mochan mandir so many i had included in in 2nd part , However still i think few part missed may include in part -3 HAHAH.

Regards

Anil  

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

Thanks Bro @ajitthite ,

Its not possible to include all in one or two post,

However i tried to include some very important POI still few are missing yes all photo taken by me are all natural and random click you can see.

Thanks for liking.

Regards

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 7

Its ok @Anil6969 ji,better luck next time....

I agree with you that you can write a book on. I'll suggest that whoever visit Varanasi don't miss the arti 

Level 5

@Anil6969  hola a esto llamo yo lugares extraordinarios gracias por compartir sus experiencias