Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Moonstruck with the Smartphone : Capturing Lunar Majesty in Supermoon Mode

Calling all astrophotography enthusiasts..!

Yesterday night, I had the chance to test out the highly anticipated Supermoon mode on the brand new Xiaomi 14 Ultra, and let me tell you, it's a game-changer for capturing our celestial neighbour in all its glory.

The Supermoon mode is a dedicated feature specifically designed to optimize photos of the moon. It utilizes a combination of hardware and software enhancements to deliver stunning results. Here's a breakdown of what impressed me:

1. AI Image Recognition: The phone's AI instantly recognizes the moon in the frame, adjusting settings for optimal clarity and detail.
  2. Enhanced Exposure and Sharpening: Supermoon mode ensures crisp and well-exposed lunar shots, revealing craters, textures, and even subtle variations in its surface.
  3. Improved Night Performance: Low-light photography is a challenge for most smartphones, but they tackles it head-on. Supermoon mode utilizes advanced algorithms to reduce noise and enhance brightness, resulting in a clear view of the moon even in darker environments.

The difference is truly remarkable. Compared to regular camera mode, the Supermoon mode captures significantly more detail in the moon's surface. The craters are well-defined, and the overall image has a crisp, almost three-dimensional feel.

Here are some additional tips I discovered while using Supermoon mode:

1. Steady Your Shot: While the phone's stabilization is impressive, using a tripod ensures razor-sharp results, especially when zoomed in.
  2. Experiment with Composition: Don't just center the moon! Include interesting foreground elements like buildings, trees, or landscapes to add context and depth to your shot.
  3. Embrace the Night Sky: While the moon is the star of the show, don't forget to capture the surrounding night sky. The Supermoon mode also improves overall image quality, allowing you to capture the subtle beauty of the Milky Way or starry constellations.

Supermoon mode is a powerful tool for anyone who wants to capture stunning lunar photography. It's easy to use, delivers exceptional results, and opens doors for creative astrophotography exploration. 

I will be clicking more Moon Photos on 23rd May 2024 on Buddha Full Moon, the full moon night in which the Moon is considered to be appear larger than other full moon.

Have you tried clicking Moon Photos using your smartphone?

Share your experiences and Moon photos in the comments below...!

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
35 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Moonstruck with the Smartphone : Capturing Lunar Majesty in Supermoon Mode

Wow! What amazing view of the moon, @Rohan10 

Previously I have seen this only on Discovery TV or the National Geographic Magazine. 

Can't believe you did this with a mobile phone camera 😲

Not just sky seems to be clear, your helpful tips on camera settings also did a great job 👍

Level 8

Thank you so much @Tushar_Suradkar for your appreciation words. I am happy that you liked it. The photo which I will click on 23rd May would be more clear and better than this. Let's see...

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

@Rohan10 

Wow Rohan really amazing photo with mobile phone 

Level 10

Very well captured, my dear @Rohan10 ... Great shot!

Super Moon Mode is very well explained...the tips are also very important...a variety post... great!

As of now, the Super Moon Mode is available in advanced mobiles only... We can expect the same in many models shortly. 

I'm using iQoo 12 (of Vivo), the first Snapdragon Gen 3 mobile with a super computing Chip - an excellent combination of 64, 50, 50 Megapixel cameras! (+ 100X - 2400 mm zoom).

Well, this too have the Super Moon Mode... let me check what I have captured earlier, or else try to capture one today & add it tomorrow.

Best regards 

🤝💓👍

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Thank you @mohanghyar for your compliment.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thank you so much @TravellerG sir for your kind words. I am excited to see the Moon photo from your lens. Yes sir, i have seen your smartphone at our Mumbai meet. Thanks for your response. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

What an amazing click @Rohan10 

Seems like they've really worked well on the camera for the Xiaomi 14 ultra. 😍

I too will try to capture some moon shots on my new phone - Motorola Edge 50 pro😅

Level 8

Thank you @NileshNag for your praising words. Yes they worked really well on Camera. Its now DSLR in Smartphone. Waiting for your Moon photo. Thanks again.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 9

Betreff: Moonstruck with the Smartphone : Capturing Lunar Majesty in Supermoon Mode

@Rohan10 

Ein wirklich fantastisches Mondbild 👍