akhil_raj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My reviews and ratings were made private. Please help.

Hey, I'm Level 9 LG from India.

I had almost done 1,645 reviews on my contributions. The issue is, most of the reviews were made private. Don't know exactly what's the issue. Whenever I put a review, only I can see it (on "Your Review" on my contributions). If I opened it in incognito mode or from any other profile, I couldn't see my review. No issues with the photos. Googling about the same, I came into knowing that reviews that breaches the policy might be made private by google. But as you can see my profile, the reviews are not against the policy nor breach any kinda violations. Below I'm attaching some screenshots of my reviews (that points the issue) and the location of the same. At the location, you won't see my review since it was made private. I'm eagerly waiting to overcome this issue to review more and more.

@StephenAbraham @ErmesT 

Please help me!! 

Lokah restaurant  location

Classic bakery location

Classic bakery screenshotClassic bakery screenshotLokah restaurant screenshotLokah restaurant screenshot

16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My reviews and ratings were made private. Please help.

hI @akhil_raj 

Other Local Guides are reporting a similar issue about a discrepancy in the reviews number.

Please try to force a logout to Google Maps, clear your cache, and login again.

Of course what you say is correct, and reviews are made private if there is a violation of the Local Guide Rules

Level 10
Level 10

Kudos for a sizable number of reviews @akhil_raj 

I have one curiosity. Do you add the reviews when prompted by the app or otherwise?

Further, did those reviews contain some unacceptable words?
My experience is when I used specif word for "no clothes" to describe some famous pieces of art, those reviews became private. I removed that word & now the write-ups continue to be public.

Level 10

@C_T Mainly my reviews are heading to restaurants/cafes and public transportation areas. I'm attaching my contribution link here. I believe I didn't post such reviews intentionally. I wonder what fact made the reviews private one!

Contribution Link

Level 10

@ErmesT I have tried this now as per your instruction. Logged out from mobile and PC and cleared cache from both. But the issue still persists. I wonder why these genuine innocent reviews were privatized..!! Please help..

Connect Moderator

Hi @akhil_raj 

A simple trick is to compare the data on your private profile with the data listed on your public profile. There is a link to your public profile on your private profile.  In my case the number of reviews is the same on both. Which means that all of my reviews are public.  There is a difference of 30 pictures out of about 7000.  This is from my early days as a local guide when I was not aware of all the rules. Like the fact that we are not allowed to post the same pic to more than one place.

Hope this can be of some help.

All the best

Level 10

Hi @MortenCopenhagen 

No issues with the pictures I'm posting, they're fine. But the issue is with reviews and ratings. Whenever I'm posting a review or rating, all of them won't appear and automatically made private now. Don't know what exactly the issue is. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @akhil_raj 

I found this;

Reviews are been made private because they violate Google's review policies.

For more information about reviews please read: Write reviews and add ratings of places.

I'm tagging a moderators that hopefully can help you out in more detail on Monday. @MortenSI 

Fingers crossed.

Level 10

Thanks for the concern @MortenCopenhagen . My profile link is updated on the above conversations. By referring that you can perceive the character of my reviews. I hope none of them violated the policy.

Connect Moderator

Good morning, @akhil_raj 

Following your updated link I see you have 648 reviews and 215 ratings. So I guess things are back to normal. Please confirm. 

All the best