cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Need Help : My Edits not Approving

Hi Local Guide Team

from more than 3 months my edits not approving i am attaching some screenshots 

Screenshot_2020-07-24-22-14-19-857_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgScreenshot_2020-07-24-22-14-24-352_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgScreenshot_2020-07-24-22-14-28-802_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpgScreenshot_2020-07-24-22-14-32-162_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

i also mail local guides team regarding that they replied to me ask that question in connect so i made this thread tagging some mods @Ekattotii @MoniV mail ref id ref:_00D2Enuw4._5002E1b1kSj:ref

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

14 comments
Level 10

Re: Need Help : My Edits not Approving

Even i have tried adding new businesses with all their related details (Cellphone number, working hours, shop front photographs etc.) without any success @AmbrishVarshney 

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Level 9

@AmbrishVarshney I understand that it is very frustrating. I have some of my edits verified immediately, and others denied immediately, others pending for months and then approved. Sometimes the denied ones are so frustrating, because I have like you, sent photos, with documentation, or it is a website that is on Google itself. One thing I can say, do not repeat the edit, it will only lower the odds of it being accepted. For instance if you place an edit that a place is closed and it is denied, don’t go back and then try to change the hours as all closed. You will just have 2 denials. Good luck!

Connect Moderator

Hi @AmbrishVarshney this happens to everyone from time to time and all it means is that Google is unable to verify your suggested edits. Just as an observation, looking at the list of edits you've exposed here you seem to have been attempting edits all over the world. It is ok to do this but please make sure you've got solid information for doing so. Edits are based on trust.

I would make sure that you only submit edits where you're 100% sure of the changes you're making and that you have personally experienced the place so that you can authoritatively suggest the edits.

Paul

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich 

1)-exposed word is totally wrong here

2)- in product expert forum one lady provides proper proof of wrong place (USA) and that why I edited .

3)- all other edits are 100% physically checked by me for an example one of the POI is my father's Shop.

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @AmbrishVarshney 
My experience is when the "New place creation request" happens for a spot in your timeline, the chances of approval are high.
I had received "new place creation" approval in five minutes when I was standing near the point while submitting the request.

Level 10

Hello @C_T before this lockdown my edits got instant approval and now I m facing this problem and I hope you know I m not new to local guides program.

I always on location before edit or add any place. 

Level 10
Level 10

Thanks for the clarification @AmbrishVarshney 

I appreciate and profoundly respect your experience as an LG.

Nevertheless, I find that the effect of temporary product changes has diminished now considerably.

Presently, I am getting instant approval for some of the edits. 

However, if you are facing a hundred per cent rejection for all the edits submitted after lockdown, then that's a significant phenomenon.

Nevertheless, my observation is, most of the queries related to rejections get directed to the article "why is my edit pending or not applied".

At the same time, I have noted that Google moderators did intervene in some pressing edits where the users provided links and complete details of the POIs needing critical revisions.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @AmbrishVarshney
Thanks for reaching out to us!

I just wanted to let you know that I am relabeling your post to How-tos. A board, used by Local Guides to ask such questions and express their doubts. 

Regarding the edits, I recommend that you check the below article you may find very useful:

Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”?

UPDATED: Temporary product changes in Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@Bobiisha i think u not gone through the whole thread i facing that problem after lockdown before that my all edits get approval instantly. so plz check what problem is with my account or maybe some glitch.