DilipC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Place addition rejecting right away

For past few days, places added by me are rejected right away even without going into moderation.  Why the hell is this happening.  All these were added right away from the locations with photos and not even accepted for moderation, just going drain right away.  I see many places added later, which my version not accepted despite multiple attempts.  This is seriously demotivating.  

5 comments
Level 5

Re: Place addition rejecting right away

Soetimes this happens due to internal error. U have to be cool and patient. I think you should mail this issue to Google. Go to contact us page and mail your issue to Google.

Level 10

Hi @DilipC

Lately I also noticed some immediate rejections but turned out that the exact places were already pending in MapMaker. So it is also possible that someone (either in MapMaker or Maps directly) had already added those places and your duplicate entries were rejected for this reason. Too bad Maps do not give a clue (like MapMaker does) that the entry is probably a duplicate of an already added feature. 

I am not saying this is definitely the reason but this may also be the reason for your (and my) rejections.

Level 10

Hi @SagarS

can you give a link to Contact Us, if this is a specific separate forum?

thanks!

Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
Level 10

Places does not exist, and if they did, it would have been shown as suggestion.  Photos added along are shown as unknown places.

Level 10

Now it is more disheartening and demotivating.   Out-rightly rejected 25-50 placed added/corrected after proper research or even physically present at that site.   and they approved the most important campus name in Trivandrum with bogus one, which some ignorant Local Guide suggested.  What the heck is happening with Google???