NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] A Photowalk Meetup in the Kanheri Caves of Mumbai by Maharashtra Local Guides.

After a long break, I was thrilled to attend a knowledge-sharing meetup hosted by Rohan in Mumbai. It was an amazing opportunity to meet local guides from the city and others who came from different parts of India.

Local Guides at Kanheri Caves gathered for meetupLocal Guides at Kanheri Caves gathered for meetup

Originally, I wasn't sure if I could make it due to being out of town the day before. Thankfully, I returned to Mumbai just in time for this "mega meetup" on February 3rd, 2024 hosted by @Rohan10 

I came to the meetup along with my family. My wife, eager to join the fun, accompanied me to the meetup.

LG @NandKK taking selfie along with his spouse and daughter.LG @NandKK taking selfie along with his spouse and daughter.

We entered Sanjay Gandhi National Park (entry fee was ₹94) and boarded a BEST bus (Sundays only) for the 7km journey to the Kanheri Caves stop (fare: ₹13).

The bus ride offered a delightful escape from the city's chaos, winding through dense forests with barely any people around. Lush greenery amidst Mumbai's concrete jungle was a true sight to behold. After almost 15-20 minutes journey, we reached at the Meetup Site. For entering the Kanheri caves site, we had to take another entry tickets by paying ₹25. 

The Kanheri Caves, boasting historical significance dating back to the 1st century BCE, hold the ruins of a Buddhist monastery complex. Beyond its historical value, the location is enveloped in stunning natural beauty. Lush greenery surrounds the caves, providing a tranquil escape from the bustling city. The serene atmosphere and breathtaking hilltop views make it a perfect spot for photography and relaxation.

A Giant rock cut statute of Buddha at kanheri CaveA Giant rock cut statute of Buddha at kanheri Cave

As we explored the caves, I had the pleasure of meeting fellow local guides. Firstly I met @TravellerG sir who has been recently announced as Meetup Champion , he has travelled all the way from Bengaluru to Mumbai. 

LG @NandKK taking selfie with LG @TravellerG along with his one year old daughterLG @NandKK taking selfie with LG @TravellerG along with his one year old daughter

Soon after, I met our beloved moderator from India @Tushar_Suradkar along with @ajitthite who had come from Pune along with @Harsha_rai and @karan_lalpotu . @Raj_Tayade from Aurangabad, and the talented mouth-banjo player, @ModNomad sir from Mumbai. 

Photograph of Local Guides Meetup Participants gathered inside a cavePhotograph of Local Guides Meetup Participants gathered inside a cave

After then, I met my old meetups companion @Shrut19, the host Rohan, and other local guides from mumbai @MayuriKubal, Sagar Kanherkar, Bala, Shirish Khairnar, and other LG from Mumbai.

Statue carved out of rock, photo by LG @NandKKStatue carved out of rock, photo by LG @NandKK

Following the Photowalk, we enjoyed a great lunch session at the Kanheri Caves cafeteria. The session was also included a detailed knowledge-sharing session led by our beloved moderator Tushar Jee. After then a gift exchange session occurred, where I too received some wonderful gifts.

Few meetup participants clicking pictures and enjoyingFew meetup participants clicking pictures and enjoying

We then took the bus back to the park's entry gate, concluding a truly unforgettable meetup experience.

LG @NandKK showing a banner of Maharashtra Local GuideLG @NandKK showing a banner of Maharashtra Local Guide

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] A Photowalk Meetup in the Kanheri Caves of Mumbai by Maharashtra Local Guides.

A well-rounded and mesmerizing recap @NandKK so many moments captured in photos that are not possible for everyone to be in.

I greatly appreciate your participation with family and thanks to your little princess who was playful and enjoyed the entire meetup patiently 😊

Once again, I invite you to attend the meetup in Pune next week, please come over as your time permits 🤝

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Accessibility-Meetup-47-at-Agakhan-Palace-i...

Level 8

Re: [RECAP] A Photowalk Meetup in the Kanheri Caves of Mumbai by Maharashtra Local Guides.

Great Post @NandKK thanks to tag me and meet soon to...

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 10

Very well conceived and presented RECAP, dear @NandKK,

Thanks for the selfie with your little cutie... God bless her... 

Well narrated text... Thanks for mentioning me in your post, dear friend. 

Your photos deserve special mentioning... 👍❤️

I too agree that it was a great day to be with you all... 

Of course, accompanying your family was a nice gesture. 

Hope to meet you in Bangalore, sometime. 

Best wishes...

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

Very nice recap with all coverage of the meet up. Really admired that you attended the meet up with your family. Nice to meet you. Nicely written meet up. Thanks for sharing and attending the meet up. See you again @NandKK 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

Hey @NandKK ,

Thanks so much for tagging me in your awesome trip report about the Kanheri Caves meetup! It sounds like you had a fantastic time exploring the caves, meeting fellow Local Guides, and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Especially loved the photo of you and your family at the meetup! Really cool to see everyone gathered inside the cave too. Thanks again for sharing - looks like a truly memorable event. Best Regards, Deepak

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Level 10

Sorry for the late reply @Tushar_Suradkar Ji

This meetup was a fantastic learning experience for me. I picked up so many new things.

Thank you for the invite to the Pune meetup. I was really looking forward to joining you all virtually, but unfortunately, I couldn't make it. My Airtel network dropped completely for over two hours while I was travelling back to Mumbai from Trimbakeshwar, especially in the valleys around Ghoti, Igatpuri, and Kasara. I was eagerly waiting for a good a network connectivity, but it could not happen. 

Level 10

Thank you @Raj_Tayade Ji, It was awesome meeting you all. 

Level 10

Thank you dear sir @TravellerG for appreciating this RECAP post. 

I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post. Your inspiring presence at the meetup really motivated me to participate. Hoping to meet you soon in near future. 

Level 10

Thanks dear @Rohan10 Credit goes to you only. 

A big round of applause to you for hosting / organizing such a fantastic meetup. The venue was amazing, and it was a blast for all the Local Guides to connect and enjoy themselves. It was definitely a unique and memorable experience.