indahnuria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP - CONNECT 7TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION – LET'S STAY CONNECTED

Caption: Happy 7th Birthday Connect cake consists of mango coconut slice, oreo cupcake and orange macaronCaption: Happy 7th Birthday Connect cake consists of mango coconut slice, oreo cupcake and orange macaron

Finally!

After a long time, I finally manage to host and join Virtual Meet-Up again. Super happy and excited, especially as the meet-up was held in celebrating the 7th Anniversary of our dear CONNECT. Seven wonderful years filled with joy, new discoveries, learning process, exchange of knowledge and skills, and of course LOVE.

After moving to Aotearoa New Zealand, I have missed so many meet-ups, the virtual as well as in-person. Our time zone is a bit tricky, so either is in the middle of the night or at the wee hours. But this time, I tried to work it out with our resources person, Brian @br14n and Velvel @Velvel by using Indonesian time, which is 5 hours earlier then New Zealand.

So on Saturday, July 29th, we had Stay Connected, Up Close and Personal with Connect and Google Maps.

I would like to thank everyone who have joined this meet-up. My heart swells looking at so many familiar faces whom I miss dearly and those new ones who join the meet -up as well as the community.  Special shout out to dearest Lalo @LaloPadilla  from Mexico who joined in the wee hours (2 AM if I’m not mistaken)  and Max @Maximilianozalazar  from Argentina who got up so early to join us (5 AM it was!). For sure we thank @TravellerG @PaDeSSo Sagir, Devi, Tejal, Shruti, Doc_Dells and many more whom I can't mention .

The meeting officially started at 4.15 PM Jakarta time with a short introduction video being played showing the birthday messages from me, Velvel, and Brian, as well as messages, photos, and art works from many LG around the world.

Caption : some of the birthday messages sent from participants of theCaption : some of the birthday messages sent from participants of the

You can see the video here as well as in my YouTube channel.

Then the meeting was followed with introductory part from all the participants. In total, we have around 28 participants from Argentina, India, Indonesia, Mexico, New Zealand and Nigeria.

Caption : Screen captured photo of most of the participants of the VMUCaption : Screen captured photo of most of the participants of the VMU

The plan was to share our colorful journey as Local Guides and some tips and tricks to ensure our fun journeys in Connect and Google Maps continues. We were supposed to have Brian explaining his vast experience in working together with different communities in Indonesia, but then Brian had an emergency at home so he managed to join at the last minute briefly.

Caption : LG Velvel presenting #LGCB Food Crawl Meet - Up with Nusantara FoodCaption : LG Velvel presenting #LGCB Food Crawl Meet - Up with Nusantara Food

Then Velvel shared her journey from last year’s celebration of Local Guide Connect. They had the food LGCB Food Crawl Meet up with Nusantara Food at Sarinah, one of the famous landmarks in Jakarta. I joined the meet-up virtually from New Zealand at that time, but I was in the middle of watching All Black, New Zealand Rugby team so it was very noisy. Yet I remembered @Padesso was there as well Read the full story of that celebration HERE.

Together with Velvel, we went through Connect pages and discussed some of the features there, including our favorite segments like Food and Drinks, Travel, Local Story, Meet Ups, and Achievement. We also discussed about favorite cities that we can choose and Connect would curate and choose posts coming from those cities, which we can find at the bottom part of the page.

We further touched upon some initiatives that are going on in Connect recently, like TRAC or Thousand Roads  Added Campaign by Shola @SholaIB , Podcast about Google Maps and Connect by @JanVanHaver , and Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboard run by Adam @AdamGT , besides all amazing initiatives and campaigns we have so far like accessibility, Local Guides Clean the World and more. Many participants shared the fun, joy and benefits they got from being Local Guides and got connected though Connect. Before we close, we had the quizzes, led by @Radjasitanggang , the King of Quizzes within Indonesian LG. Thanks for your help, as always!

More photos of the VMU can be found HERE.

In short, we celebrated how Connect has brought us together and what we can do make  life and the world better through Connect, Google Maps and beyond. Happy, happy 7th birthday once again.

We hope we will have more and more LGs contribute better in Google Maps, while at the same time share and post their stories in Connect. Ow, and we certainly hope we can meet in – person somehow sometimes. Thank you again to Kashif @KashifMisidia for initiating the series of LGCB celebration.

See you on the next adventure 🎉

Wellington, New Zealand
24 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: RECAP - CONNECT 7TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION – LET'S STAY CONNECTED

Amazing meet-up and great recap, I really enjoyed each and every picture in your post, and regretting that I couldn't able to join meet-up virtually, because of my working hours. But happy to see many friends in your meetup.

Thanks for joining #LGCB meetups and enjoying it.

Shukriya 🙏 @indahnuria 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@indahnuria estuvo muy divertido 😃, el recap quedó sensacional! 

Fue muy lindo poder compartir con ustedes ese día, luego de su celebración en Argentina iniciaban los festejos con los guía locales. 

Por más años dentro de la comunidad 🥂

Feliz 7 años 👍

Level 10

Wow...

Very well conceived & published RECAP, dear friend @indahnuria,

Sincerely, it was a great session with a record number of LGs participating actively.

I thank you very much for the opportunity to participate in such a grand meetup.

You have brought in all the essential & allied points in the RECAP - great!!!

Yes, of course, our dear @LaloPadilla & @Maximilianozalazar gave us full company in their very early hours - thank you very much, dear friends - this was a grand gesture - we respect it too.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Caption: A screenshot from the meet-up.

According to me, we crossed 33 attendees...

The presentation by our expert LG @Velvel was really interesting - sincerely convey our gratitude for your professional presentation.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meCaption: Another screenshot of the presentation by Moderator Velvel.

My special thanks to @Radjasitanggang @PaDeSSo @br14n (though he could not stay long), and many more.

And the Quiz was very enjoyable & helpful.

Of course, I also thank our dear @KashifMisidia Ji for this wonderful initiative.

Regards to all the readers.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @indahnuria. This looks like it was an amazing meet up and had a great attendance probably the Happy 7th Birthday Connect cake and yummy looking deserts might have been the magic touch. I'm really sorry that I couldn't attend. 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Great recap @indahnuria and thanks to you, @Velvel and @br14n for organizing a great meet-up!

It was really fun @TravellerG , the celebration with you guys was worth staying up late 😁

Level 10

Well, thank you for organised an amazing VMU Kak @indahnuria @Velvel @br14n . It's such a great recap, it was fun VMU. Seems everyone happy. I glad to be a part of that meet-ups. Thank you for having me. 

Once again , happy 7th anniversary of Connect. Hope this year bring us happiness and prosperity. Let's stay connect each other. #StayConnect

See you soon in another meet-ups .

Anyway, congratulations for the quiz winner @Ddimitra @RivaniRahmadani  @AnikSetyawati @TravellerG 

Connect Moderator

Yayyy finally this VMU could come true. It went very well @indahnuria 

Thanks so much for the initiative. It was a pleasure for me to meet our LG family around the world virtually after such a long time and share my knowledge about Connect. Also, thank you for mentioning about my last year's LGCB Food Crawl Meet-Up with Nusantara Foods 😊

The first picture is full of sweetness just like our community 😍 I'd be pleased to taste them one by one hehehe..

Did you buy them in the same store? Which one is your most favorite, Mbak?

Once again, thank you so much for you kind words @TravellerG Sir.

Keep contributing and supporting our lovely community 😉

Thanks for joining us @LaloPadilla 

Really appreciate your time.

Amen for the wishes, Bang @Radjasitanggang our king of quiz!

The meet-up will always be so much fun with your presence.

Level 8

It is clear from the picture that it was a very beautiful event. Congratulations to everyone. It was a great recap @indahnuria 

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here

Connect Moderator

Thank you so very much @KashifMisidia . It was a fun VMU and I really miss everyone, including you! Hope we can meet again soon, in VMU or in-person!