NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Kala Ghoda Art Festival Mumbai

Namaste to all motivated Local Guides around the Globe.
20190210_133411.jpg
First of all I wish to apologize for late publishing this recap post. I had to visit my native place due to some family events, where network availability was not good. This recap post is about recent meetup, which I had hosted in Fort area of Mumbai during The Great Kala Ghoda Art Festival.  

Hats off to Jasti Sudhakar sir @Jashti_Sudhakar, A great and enthusiastic Local Guide from Guntur, who traveled all the way from Guntur to Mumbai (almost 1000 km) just to attend this meetup. He traveled overnight from Guntur to Hyderabad (almost 300 km) and then took early morning flight from Hyderabad to Mumbai. Such enthusiasm is really appreciable. My sincerely thanks for him for his motivation towards LG Program.
Almost 10 people has shown interest to join this meetup but only 3 people came forward. I reached Andheri and accompanied Jasti sir in Local Train towards meetup point. Due to Mega Blocking there was bit confusion, but we managed to reach the meetup point by 12 afternoon. Amol from Thane had already reached the festival and was already exploring the festival on his own. We reached the Dadar Railway station and from there took taxi for Kala Ghoda area. It was a wonderful sunny day and due to the last day of festival crowd was at its peak.

We entered the festival and started exploring it. First of all we roamed around the exhibition area, where various artists and groups from different different states had organized wonderful stalls. They were selling many handloom products like sarees, varous garments, Handcraft wooden home decor products, books etc. 
Thereafter this "Seven Headed Pegasus" got us attracted like a magnet which was presented by Imagica group. This sculpture was symbolizing, "living the life we were born to live". 

Thereafter we headed towards studio potter market, where the artists had showed thier arts by clay. There were lots of potter stalls selling beautiful kitchen products. Few stalls were also offering us to play with clay (to make a pot or sculpture on potter wheel).      

We visited the main street where many sculpture were erected, each one showing a unique motto. The festival includes several cultural and musical shows, but we were not fortunate enough to witness them due to timing issues. 
We also took foot massage organized by Neeraj Massage Centre. The experience was awesome as all the masseur were well trained and well experienced, moreover the were blind and had taken training from a reputed centre.
It was a great Meetup, we also discussed on many aspects of Local Guides Program, 360 photography and shared our experiences with each other. 
here is the full photo album
I hope, you all will like this RECAP post.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
7 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Kala Ghoda Art Festival Mumbai

Namskar..

@NandKK 

Really sorry for late reply,

I Don' know but somehow I missed this Recap Post, nice to see this

Kala Ghoda Art Festival Mumbai's photos and your selfie..
Meantime team miss your presence, so please be with us as always..

Level 10

Thank you @Shrut19  for your kind words and liking this RECAP post..

I am the part of Mumbai Local Guides for forever... I was out of station hence couldn't attend last few meetups.

Sorry for that.. but in the next meetup I will be with you all.     

Level 10

Namskar.. & Thanks @NandKK   Bhai.

Google Moderator

Hello @NandKK,

Thank you for sharing, I really like festival like this one because there are a lot of booth that you can visit and to see a lot of handmade crafts. As I see the weather was also very nice, this must be a very good meet-ups experience. 

In addition to that I would like to remind you to avoid over tagging as it might be taken as a form of harassment for some people. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

yeah @AngieYC  indeed it was a great meetup experience. 

Level 7

Hi 

Can i have ur mobile no please 

Vijay pandian here 

[REDACTED]

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Pandianvijay,

Your personal phone number was removed from this post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you want to contact other members, I suggest that you send them a private message.

Please take a moment to review our Local Guides Program Rules.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!