cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

RECAP - LGs HELP FISHERMEN'S BUSINESSES- MEET-UP

IMG-20210326-WA0011~2.jpg

PHYSICAL  / VIRTUAL MEET-UP 

This is the one, first of its kind meet-up in two ways. 

1. Helping Fishermen Business 
  2. Physically and virtually meeting at a time.  Two-in-one meet-up 

Due to the pandemic precautions,  we had decided to have a small group of Local Guides to have a physical meet-up.  Between 6.30 to 7.00am, we, a group of six Local Guides met at the Besant Nagar Beach and proceeded to the Broken bridge area. From there it's a half mile walk. 

20210321_074802.jpg

Photo by Gurukrishnapriya at the meet-up point. 

It's just behind the Theosophical Society of India.  Not very crowded and not polluted.  Clean backwaters and looked very beautiful.  It's a very beautiful scenic place.

IMG-20210103-WA0041.jpg

The view of the Broken Bridge. Picture by LG Deepak Sundar 

The early morning Golden hour is a time when the Fishermen along the sea coast will be bustling with business of their fresh catch. One can have the idea of the life of those Fishermen. How they toil to get their businesses done? We as a Local Guide, can help those Fishermen, by adding their business in Google Maps. 

The is MY REVIEW  in Google Maps after the physical meet-up.  Information got from local fishermen.

We also had a photo walk near by.  It's a beautiful Sunday sunny morning. 

20210321_072720.jpg

Picture taken by LG Gurukrishnapriya 

Early morning @Ewaade_3A  called through whatsapp video and joined us. It was around 2.30 am her local time. 

Since, this is the first physical meet-up after the pandemic, I had made Google Stars for this meet-up.

20210320_211847~2.jpg

Though an offline event, this was open to Local Guides virtually through Google Meet online. This was coordinated by @TravellerG 

The virtual meet started by 8.30 am promptly.  TravellerG Sir opened the site by 8.15 am. About 40 to 45 Local Guides attended the virtual meet-up. I got connected to the virtual meet-up accompanied by my co-host @Deepak_Sundar  and other Local Guides a few to mention @jaisoncbe and @Sreenath-pesala were present for the physical meet-up.

Through the virtual meet-up I showed the backwaters,  the broken bridge and the estuary. I explained to the Local Guides, where the Fishermen will come for fishing and how they depend on the fish coming through the backwaters.  I  also showed them the flowing backwaters from the sea.

IMG-20210326-WA0003.jpg

A crane in the waters waiting for the fish. Photo by LG Jaison 

The Local Guides who joined virtually got a feel about that place.  They could see the cranes fly and catch fish. Then my co-host showed the nearby Olive Ridley Turtles' Hatchery to the Local Guides.  He described how the government is preserving the place for ridley turtles by collecting the eggs, preserving them and after they hatch, put the young ones into the sea.

The following are the Local Guides who joined the meet-up:

Aarti Shinde 

Alwy Paul 

Ajit Thite 

Anil Singh 

Bidur ChandraZuhra

Bijohn Adams

Deepak Sundar

Devansh Jain

Devi Ddimitra 

Doc_Dells

Erna LaBeau

Ewaade (through whatsapp)

Falguni Paleja

Govind_Jha

Guru Krishna Priya Sr.

Harsha Reddy

Jaison

Jitender Kumar

John peter

Kalyan Pal

Madhusoodan Bisen

Md Reazul Hoque

Naga Vijay

Naresh Darji 

Roshan Bajpai

Rosy Koli 

Sathyamoorthy R

Sofie Fusion

Sreenathpesala 

Stephen Abraham

TravellerG

Tejal Chhaya 

Varghese Jose

Yash Pratap Singh 

Many more Local Guides other than the above list have also joined.  Pardon me, if I have missed anyone. Many LGs Shrut19,  Shreeya and Shruti Upadhyai motivated and shared thier wishes.

There was a very active participation by the attendees.  TravellerG was interacting with them throughout the meetup. It was visible that @Erna_LaBeau  was thrilled to see the beautiful beach. So also others.

Then I showed the audience, the Fishermen Hamlets,  their boats and nets, many fishermen selling fish. It was a sunny morning. Being Sunday their business was brisk. 

My co-host  proceeded in his two wheeler to nearby Astalaksmi Temple. This Temple is a three storied Temple dedicated to the Goddess of Wealth,  Health and Happiness. He has connected his camera to his bike, so that everyone can see the road he rode.

In the meantime I showed the audience the Besant Nagar Beach (Elliotts Beach), the beach bungalows, the walking path, the parking lot, the beautiful sands, the small vendor shops which sell tender coconuts, juices, ice-cream,  eatables, shell crafts etc. Early mornings and evenings this place will be flocked by walkers, joggers and other visitors. 

By then my co-host reached the Temple and  described about this shore Temple showing virtually the Temple and the adjacent beach.

20210321_201754-COLLAGE.jpg

Collage of screenshots by LG Rosy Koli 

@Anil6969  gave a description to the audience about the deity and eight forms of Goddess Laksmi.  This meet-up was really a feast to the eyes and ears.  The audience interaction was simply amazing.  They enjoyed every moment of the meetup and felt as if they were literally in that place. @Tejal , @RosyKohli   and many others shared their knowledge

Then @FalguniP took over  the introduction of attendees, in her own casual way.  By the time the audience introduced themselves,  from Astalaksmi Temple my co-host reached the Marina Lighthouse.  He showed the panoramic view of the Marina Beach from the top of the Lighthouse to the attendees.  Everyone were thrilled. 

This is the PHOTO ALBUM  of photos and screenshots by our enthusiastic Local Guides 

I take this opportunity to thank TravellerG,  Deepak Sunder,  Jaison,  Selvamani Sir and Sreenath who were instrumental and very helpful throughout the meetup. Also a big thanks to the attendees who joined on a Sunday morning and made this meet-up a great success. 

Though not wholeheartedly, we had to end the Meet-up here, as it has already exceeded the time limit. Wishing to meet again and soon in person, everyone bid goodbye.

THANKS IN ADVANCE 

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
31 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: RECAP - LGs HELP FISHERMEN'S BUSINESSES- MEET-UP

It was a really great virtual meetup with all of you 😊 @Gurukrishnapriya and team. I am very happy to have the opportunity to see some of the beautiful places in Chennai. Thank you for showing us great beauty of Chennai.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

@Gurukrishnapriya thanks for the wonderful meet up 

I really enjoyed the view and the information about the temple @Deepak_Sundar really appreciate your efforts for taking us to light house, top of the temple and sharing the wonderful place.

I really wish to visit someday 😊

Level 9

Really after a long time this live meet up people have really enjoyed @Gurukrishnapriya and @Deepak_Sundar took live on top of tower and ticket cutting ride to top view was awesome,diffrent kind of laxmi like VAIBHAV LAXMI,SANTAN LAXMI AISWAIRYA N Much much more which was seen by the first time,by so many times.

thanks for sharing.

regards

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 8

Even I have gone out after a long time for a physical meet-up.  THANKS for attending @NareshDarji . Really had a wonderful time. 

Yes @FalguniP , Deepak Sundar has done a great job.  He was so enthusiastic.  We will have another meetup like this. 

@Anil6969 thambi your explanation was really amazing. We all are blessed to get the Goddess Laksmi dharshan. Yes the veiw from the top of Lighthouse is really something special. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 7

Dearest @Gurukrishnapriya Ma’am,

thank you for an amazing meet up. It was such a lovely Sunday morning! 
appreciate you & ur team efforts and huge applause for taking us around. 
looking forward to more 😃

Throw kindness around like confetti's
Level 10

नमस्कार..

@Gurukrishnapriya 

Very nice all photos & Recap,

I Love your cover photo & The view of the Broken Bridge Picture by LG @Deepak_Sundar

Thanks for Sharing..

Level 7

Thanks mam for a perfect opportunity for me to show everyone another side of Madras aka Chennai.. I'm really feeling elated to thank my mentor @Gurukrishnapriya  and @TravellerG  for motivating me to be a co host.. I'm waiting to join in another physical cum virtual meet up @Mahabalipuram or any other rarely visited place by tourist.

I heartily thanking those who attended the virtual meet up and physical meet up

Level 8

Thanks a lot @sophie_fusion .  Even I was very very happy,  that day meeting you all.

@Shrut19 di yes the place and the photos were really amazing.  I am happy you liked it.  Thanks for your compliments. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 8

@Deepak_Sundar you were the spark of this meet-up and @TravellerG Sir's motivation made this happen successfully. 

Thanks for all the help. 

Passionate about
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.