KamalHossenR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Let's Explore Tree Fair in Barishal 2023

KamalHossenR_0-1691453409144.jpeg

Caption: This is the cover photo of this post and the photo has a background of different types of saplings and some text that reads  "Recap Let's Explore Tree Fair in Barisal 2023" 

Dear Local Guides

We hope this message finds you all in great spirits and with an eagerness for our seventh annual celebration! On 28th July 2023, Local Guides came together at Bell's Park in Barishal to participate in a month-long tree fair that began on 26th July 2023. This special event aimed to foster knowledge about various plants, explore new species, and extend our assistance to nursery owners through the benefits of Google Maps.

KamalHossenR_1-1691453409515.jpeg

Caption: Group photo of us 6 local guides standing in front of a sales centre at the tree fair

The atmosphere at Bell's Park was filled with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose as local people from all walks of life gathered to see and learn about the beauty and significance of the trees and to enjoy the fair. The lush greenery around us served as a perfect backdrop for our mission, and we were excited to engage in discussions and activities that enhanced our understanding of the plant kingdom.sion, and we were excited to engage in discussions and activities that furthered our understanding of the plant kingdom.

KamalHossenR_2-1691453409496.jpeg

Caption: There are several types of plants and flowers that are placed around the house to enhance this beauty

The program started at 05:00 PM with a warm welcome by me, who thanked everyone for joining this meaningful initiative. Throughout the afternoon, we exchanged valuable insights on the importance of trees, their ecological role and best practices for nurturing different species.e discussions. Throughout the evening, we exchanged valuable insights about the importance of trees, their ecological roles, and the best practices for nurturing different species.

KamalHossenR_3-1691453408533.jpeg

Caption: Another selfie of me and a few people in front of this sales center during the tree fair

One of the main highlights of our gathering was the opportunity to learn from experts about the trees and saplings showcased at the tree fair. Nursery owners and horticulturists generously shared their knowledge, providing us with valuable tips on cultivation, identification, and maintenance of various plants. We also discussed the significance of conserving indigenous species to preserve biodiversity.

KamalHossenR_4-1691453410725.jpeg

Caption: Some Calathea roseopicta 

KamalHossenR_5-1691453410928.gif

Caption: A GIF of two different photos and two photos inside the same fair of two different shops and both photos show the crowd of visitors at the fair.

A significant part of the meetup was dedicated to the benefits of Google Maps for nursery owners. We discussed how Google Maps plays a pivotal role in helping businesses gain visibility and reach a wider audience. We explored the features and functionalities that Google Maps offers for promoting nursery businesses, such as updating contact information, sharing images, and responding to customer reviews. The local guides expressed their commitment to assisting nursery owners in optimizing their presence on Google Maps, which will ultimately lead to more prosperous businesses.

KamalHossenR_6-1691453411014.jpeg

Caption: Different varieties of mango seedlings. All the mango saplings here are premium category saplings. The price of each sapling here starts from 1500 taka to 5000 taka.

KamalHossenR_7-1691453409680.jpeg

Caption: Bird's nest Fern & A sticker with the Local Guides logo 

At the end of the Meet-up we sat at a tea shop. All those who participated in this meet-up were my college friends. They used google maps at different times to see the location and gave reviews at different places but did not have a clear idea about Local Guides Connect. So I give them a good idea about contribution and always guide them to make quality contributions because others can benefit from their contribution.

KamalHossenR_8-1691453410260.jpeg

Caption: A selfie during our local discussion session at a small tea shop. 

As the sun began to set, we wrapped up the event with a sense of accomplishment and gratitude. It was heartening to witness the passion and dedication of each local guides who participated in the meetup. We recognized the power of community-driven initiatives in creating positive change and making a lasting impact.

Our heartfelt thanks go out to the organizers, the enthusiastic participants, and the tree fair's hosts at Bell's Park. The success of this Meet-up would not have been possible without your support and active engagement.

KamalHossenR_9-1691453410730.gif

Caption: A GIF of two photos showing the Bonsai in miniature

At this year's tree fair, I was introduced to several new trees that I have never seen before. 

Some of them are below 👇

KamalHossenR_10-1691453410446.jpeg

Caption: There are many cactuses of different colors. Each price is 600 TK

KamalHossenR_11-1691453410375.jpeg

Caption: Silver Queen, Price 800 Tk

KamalHossenR_12-1691453410475.jpeg

Caption: A small cactus in a tennis ball

This Local Guides Meet-up Tree Fair in Bell's Park Barishal was a resounding success, combining our love for trees, a commitment to knowledge sharing, and a dedication to assisting local businesses. We left the gathering with new friendships, expanded knowledge, and the motivation to continue making a difference in our communities.

Let's cherish the memories of this remarkable event and keep the spirit of collaboration and growth alive. Together, we can create a greener, more informed world!

I would also like to thank @KashifMisidia, @Tushar_Suradkar@NareshDarji

@SholaIB, and @JaneBurunina

for taking a global initiative to Celebrate Local Guides Connect 7th Anniversary. 

With gratitude and warm regards,

[Kamal]

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Barisal Sadar Upazila, Bangladesh
6 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Let's Explore Tree Fair in Barishal 2023

Hi,

@KamalHossenR 

A very nice recap. This activity of yours every year is much appreciated. I would like to know if you have planted trees this year.

Md.Gazi Salauddin
#BDLG
#GuidingStar 2022, #Meetup champion.
Level 9

Dear @GaziSalauddinbd Bhai

Thank you very much for your nice comment actually I didn't get a chance to plant this year we just went to tree fair to increase our knowledge about different trees and some activities. 

Level 8

Your explanation is very good @KamalHossenR 

You have described here many things. I have enjoyed very much to read your post.

Level 10

@KamalHossenR 

After reading your recap post and seeing the pictures, I can tell that the meetup was very productive and that you enjoyed the meetup. Anyway, seeing the ripe mangoes hanging on the mango tree, I can't resist the temptation. Thanks for sharing the meetup details with us.

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Level 9

Dear @Tandrima2

Thank you so much for your appreciation comment.

Best Regards 

Level 9

Dear @Designer_Biswajit dada 

Thank you very much for appreciating my post. These mango trees caught the eye of all visitors to this tree fair.