KamalHossenR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Let's Meet & Eat

20240131_124016.jpg

Caption: A selfie of 8 people with some  food in front and a banner behind that written Let's Meet & Eat.

Hello Local Guides! 

Hope all of you are well. 

I Hosted a Meet-up on January 31, 2024, from 11 am to 01 pm, the event showcased the rich tradition of enjoying Pitha during the winter season in Bangladesh and making some contributions together. Attendees were encouraged to bring their homemade foods adding a personal touch to the culinary experience. In this recap I will share with you some of the activities and some happy moments of my latest meet-up.

KamalHossenR_1-1707242298425.jpeg

Caption: A variety of pithas, a cake, 2 water bottle, 3 packets chips and some fruits along with a few items of chocolate

The weather that day was a bit cloudy and foggy so it was a bit cold.  All of us.  At the appointed time, one by one, we gathered at the Green Heaven Resort And Picnic Spot. The picturesque location of Green Heaven Resort added to the charm of the event, providing a perfect backdrop for the gathering. 

KamalHossenR_2-1707242297514.jpeg

Caption: A variety of food is placed on the floor and a banner hanging behind it reads Let's Meet and Eat.

To reach the venue we had to cross the river in a trawler and the experience of crossing the river was more thrilling.

I noticed everyone was very excited for the moment. 

We all entered the resort together and wandered around for a while before we sat down at a certain spot and hung our banner. 

We all sat there and started taking out the food one by one. When everyone was taking out the food, we were waiting impatiently to see what would happen. The overwhelming aroma of various pithas filled the air, creating an atmosphere of warmth and camaraderie despite the cold Weather. 

KamalHossenR_3-1707242298155.jpeg

Caption: A collage of six photos featuring a variety of local pitha and fruits

KamalHossenR_4-1707242297001.jpeg

Caption: A variety of food is arranged on the plate. 

At the meet-up, the participants brought different types of pitha, among which Puli pitha/ পুলি পিঠা, Patishapta pitha/পাটিসাপটা পিঠা, Pakan pitha/পাকন পিঠা, Dudh chitai/দুধ চিতই, bara pitha/বড়া পিঠা and three kinds of fruits were there. 

KamalHossenR_5-1707242296767.jpeg

Caption: A cake is decorated with flowers and a combination of different colors and written Let's Meet and Eat

In our discussion session I advise them to keep an eye out for missing or outdated information along the way, such as business hours, phone numbers and addresses. 

Encourage them to share their real experiences when writing reviews of businesses, restaurants, parks, and other places you visit. A review can help others make decisions.

KamalHossenR_6-1707242298286.jpeg

Caption: A collage of four photos with Local Guide @KamalHossenR speaking in between 

At the end of the discussion session we indulged in eating and shared delicious food with each other and gave each other reviews of the food which is really a fun fact. As the aroma of pitha lingers in the air, so too does the memory of a gathering transcend borders, bringing everyone together in celebration of diverse and shared food traditions.

At the end of all we made some contribution on Google Maps together. 

KamalHossenR_7-1707242298010.jpeg

Caption: All kinds of garbage used by us in the meetup we put in a bag and put it in a designated place. We are committed to not polluting the environment. 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Barisal Sadar Upazila, Bangladesh
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Let's Meet & Eat

Very innovative meetup about meeting and eating in the laps of nature 😋

The food and snacks look tempting, and I also like that it was well-organized by carrying a mat and necessary items for food.

@KamalHossenR - wonderful idea, we will implement it in our local guides group soon!

Level 9

Dear @Tushar_Suradkar

Thank you so much for your kind words and enthusiasm!  It's fantastic to hear that you're considering implementing a similar idea in your local guides group. 

My dear fellow @RosyKohli

Hope you like this recap and enjoy the Bangladeshi pithas here. 

Level 9

@KamalHossenR 

Wow beautiful photos & recap while. reading remind me about picnic with neighbours we used go together with mom and neighbour aunty used cook snacks different variety, take plate, glass, water bottle, mat. Plus we always took ball 🏀also whole day spending we used to enjoy. All that flash in front of me seeing the video. 

Thanks for sharing  different photo of pitha  and for tagging me. 

My best wishes to you all. 

Level 9

Dear @RosyKohli

Thank you so much for your heartfelt comment! It's wonderful to hear how the photos brought back fond memories of picnics with your neighbours. 

Level 8

@KamalHossenR que buen recap... mi consulta es la phitas que comieron de que estaban rellenas, vi una empanada?