KhokonSharker's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] MAP EDITING SHIBGANJ

Hello, Dear Local Guides!

I am writing a recap of Shibganj's map editing Meet-up. I was a little worried about hosting this meet-up as to whether local guides in the area would participate. Because it is a remote area. Even though no one joined, I hosted this meet-up without thinking that I would create a new local guide by myself.

20240315_153923-COLLAGE.jpg

Photo: All Meet-up Photography.

I was ready for the Meet-up before 3 pm. Then I take time off from my afternoon tuition to attend the meetup on time.

IMG-20240315-WA0020.jpg

Photo: I am photographing the clay shop.

I called the Meet-up because it was a map editing meet-up because Shibganj upazila is near me which has a large number of small and big shops which are not covered by Google Maps. I have often connected many big institutions like ATM booths, private clinics, banks, hospitals on Google Maps. Another reason for choosing this area is that as an upazila it should be more developed be it virtually.

IMG-20240315-WA0010.jpg

Photo: Me and local guide @Aslam_hossain  Bhai.

Then our old local guide sujon Bhai joined us in this meet-up.

Then we started our meet-up by introducing some local guide knowledge and giving a clear idea of map editing and discussing the update issues of Google Maps. 

IMG-20240315-WA0011(1).jpg

Photo: Pottery shop owner and shop.

IMG-20240315-WA0015(1).jpg

Photo: Some amazing photos of clay shops.

IMG-20240315-WA0012(1).jpg

Photo: Some amazing photos of clay shops.

IMG-20240315-WA0019.jpg

Photo: The Pharmacy.

While editing the map, while connecting to a pharmacy google map, I talked to the shopkeeper and updated the place with the correct information.

20240315_154941-COLLAGE.jpg

Photo: Some quick photos.

And immediately the place was approved and the publicist became. Then pharmacist our new local guide Dada, Sujan bhai and some discussion and selfie on google mapping. 

IMG-20240315-WA0016.jpg

Photo: Pharmacy owner, and us local guides take a selfie together.

The day also had a great experience creating new local guides at the meet-up. 

IMG-20240315-WA0021.jpg

Photo: We and our New local guides Chandan Kumar Dash Dada.

We had a few minutes of mapping related discussion and chat and had a light snack. There was the famous Adi Chamcham sweet of Chapainawabganj.

20240315_162620-COLLAGE.jpg

Photo: Snacks.

During the meet-up we explored and found places with missing complete information on the map Then we talk to business management and gather information to update the locations.

We updated Chapainawabganj's famous sweet shop "Adi Chamcham" place more clearly on Google Maps. Besides this Adi Chamcham there are two other shops. However, the original Chamcham store's Chamcham is famous. So I clearly update the three shops on google map to make it easy for customers. And update new photos and Check out this review of at every store.

IMG-20240315-WA0022.jpg

Photo: Famous Adi Chamcham of Chapainawabgaj.

We taste the famous Adi Chamcham of Chapainawabganj. We fixed the phone number by talking to the authorities.

IMG-20240315-WA0017.jpg

Photo: Chandan Kumar Dash Dada holding Google Maps on his own phone.

We are very happy to see their positive feedback about the map location and their business profile on Google. We wanted to connect together during the meetup and have a nice time with mapping 

Otherwise we captured many images and collected data for other contributions. We also checked accessibility like wheelchair entrance, kid friendly zones, toilet facilities etc.

Photos Album Link

Special thanks to local guides @Aslam_hossain  and Chandan Kumar Dash for joining and making it a successful meet-up

Thanks for reading and I hope you like this RECAP description. Please don't miss to share your views by commenting here.

#Happy_Guiding

#Support_Small_Business 

Md. Khokon Sharker
Shibganj, Chapainawabganj District, Bangladesh
21 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] MAP EDITING SHIBGANJ

ধন্যবাদ খোকন সরকার ভাই, আমর দেশের বাড়ির এলাকায় এক টি মিট আপ করার জন্য। পরবর্তীতে এর চাইতে বড় ধরনের মিটআপ এর আয়োজন করলে আমদের এলাকা গুগল মানচিত্রে পরিচিতি লাভ করবে।

Aslam hossain (Sujon)
Connect Moderator

Congratulations on a successful meetup @KhokonSharker. 💐

Greatly appreciate that you organized in a lesser-known area and reached out to small businesses that need support the most.

Wonderful shops and food 👍

Is Chamcham sweet or spicy?

Level 8

Thank you so much @Tushar_Suradkar Dada. It is a famous dish with sweet taste. It is a famous dish of Chapainawabganj. Even this shop is located in this Shibganj upazila.

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 9

আমি অত্যন্ত দুঃখিত যে, বাইরে থাকার কারণে আমি মিটাতে অংশগ্রহণ করতে পারি নাই। বলা বাহুল্য যে, আমাদের শিবগঞ্জ উপজেলায় অনেক লোকাল গাইড আছে কিন্তু লোকাল গাইড প্ল্যাটফর্ম এবং লোকাল গাইড কানেক্ট ফোরাম সম্পর্কে তেমনটা তাদের ধারণা নেই। তাই আমি মনে করি আমাদের শিবগঞ্জে আরো বেশি বেশি মিট অ্যাপ করা। যাতে করে নতুন নতুন লোকাল গাইড সৃষ্টি হয় এবং তারা তাদের এলাকাকে গুগল ম্যাপে সমৃদ্ধি করে। ঈদুল ফিতরের পরে যদি শিবগঞ্জ উপজেলায় মিট অ্যাপ ব্যবস্থা করা হয় তাহলে আমি অবশ্যই অংশগ্রহণ করব। তাছাড়া অনেক লোকাল গাইডকে আমি অংশগ্রহণ করার জন্য আহবান করব।

Level 8

আগামীতে আমরা আরো বেশি লোকাল গাইডরা একসাথে হয়ে বড় মিট-আপের আয়োজন করব ইনশাল্লাহ। আশা করি সেই মিটাতে আপনিও অংশগ্রহণ করতে পারবেন। আপনার অনুপস্থিতি আমরা মিস করেছি। ধন্যবাদ @BongoBrother ভাই আপনার মূল্যবান মন্তব্য ও পরামর্শ দেয়ার জন্য।

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 8

আপনার অংশগ্রহণ আমাদের এই মিট-আপকে সফল করেছে। আমরা আগামীতে আরও মিট-আপ করবো ইনশাআল্লাহ। আবার দেখা হবে @Aslam_hossain ভাই আগামী কোন মিটআপে।

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 9

@KhokonSharker আমাকে মিস করার জন্য আপনাকে অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ।

Level 9

@KhokonSharker it's great to see you having a wonderful meetup at Shibganj. It's great to see local, like-minded LGs joining you in this event. The clay materials look vibrant in colors!

Level 8

Thank you so much Dear @ReshamDas for your valuable comment. 

Md. Khokon Sharker