NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Rawla Narlai - A unique hidden heritage gem in the Heart of Rajasthan @ Pali, Rajasthan

Greeting Local Guides,

Have you ever imagined finding a refuge where time seems to linger, where echoes of history emanate from ancient walls, and where nature creates a mesmerizing masterpiece? Your search ends at Rawla Narlai, a 17th-century heritage treasure tucked away in the rugged splendor of the Aravalli Hills in Rajasthan.

View of a hill and part of Rawla ResortView of a hill and part of Rawla Resort

Rawla Narlai stands as a luxurious hotel nestled in the tranquil village of Narlai within the Pali district of Rajasthan. Renowned among travelers as a "must-visit" destination along the popular route between Udaipur and Jodhpur, it marks a noteworthy stop on the well-trodden tourist path through the heart of Rajasthan.

Here luxury meets wilderness - Once a formidable 17th-century fortress, Rawla Narlai has undergone a transformation into a sumptuous hotel property. Experience a serene and tranquil sojourn here, akin to the opulence of a 5-star establishment but without the hustle of crowded tourist spots. The property skillfully merges modern comforts with traditional elegance, inviting you to traverse corridors adorned with vibrant frescoes that narrate tales of Rajput valor and regal splendor and Aravali mountain ranges. Every nook exudes an ambiance of timeless grace, transporting you to a realm steeped in the grandeur of Maharajas and the enchantment of moonlit poetry. The majestic Kumbhalgarh Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is also very nearby (36 km) where the wall is among one of longest walls in the world.

inside view of rawla hotel 1inside view of rawla hotel 1     inside view of rawla hotel 2inside view of rawla hotel 2 
How to reach :-

NandKK_0-1705427688271.png By Road  - Narlai is well-connected by road, and you can reach there by bus, car, or taxi. Pali, the district headquarters, is approximately 36 kilometers away from Narlai.

NandKK_1-1705427688263.png By Train - The nearest railway station is Falna Railway Station, which is about 30 kilometers away from Narlai.

NandKK_2-1705427688270.png By Air - The nearest airport to Narlai is Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur, which is approximately 115 kilometers away. From the airport, one can hire a taxi or use other local transportation to reach Narlai.

NandKK_3-1705427688327.png  Accessibility :- This place is partial Wheelchair accessible. 

My detailed Experience -

Ancient History: Within the sacred texts of Hinduism, there is a noteworthy reference to this village as the meditation abode of the revered sage Narad Muni. The village, named Narlai in honor of Narad Muni, stands as a testament to its deep-rooted spiritual significance in Hindu tradition. 

The instant I set foot in this place, it felt as though I had stepped out of the world – a tranquil oasis far removed from the hustle and bustle of the city. Seeking respite from the crowds and chaos, I had arrived a day earlier to unwind before attending a colleague's wedding in the nearby Desuri villageThis charming heritage hotel offered us a unique Rajasthan experience. It is enveloped by a pair of mountains that beckon us to trek, with stairs leading all the way up to the hilltop.

Courteous Staff - From the warm welcome to their impeccable services, the staff members were truly exceptional, ensuring our utmost comfort at every turn. Whatever request we made, their response was always a gracious "hukum" (हुकुम) making us feel truly royal. Their behavior and services surpassed expectations, reflecting a level of passion and attentiveness that was truly extraordinary. This property boasts well-maintained accommodations with tidy and spotless rooms. The hotel's breakfast spread is ample, and the lunch menu presents a diverse selection of dishes to cater to various tastes.

A leopord sitting on a hilltopA leopord sitting on a hilltop

Leopard (JEEP) Safari - During our stay, we also did an exciting leopard safari, where we were fortunate enough to spot a couple of leopards (though with the help of binoculars) and a number of peacocks. The best part is the staff of the hotel brought all the things for our snacks and evening tea during the safari.

LG NandKK infront of a jeep in a jungle areaLG NandKK infront of a jeep in a jungle area     LG NandKK  along with few other peoples in front of a jeep in a jungle areaLG NandKK along with few other peoples in front of a jeep in a jungle area

Unforgettable Stepwell Dinner - Our journey to the dinner venue unfolded in a traditional bullock cart, weaving through the enchanting streets of the village and into the jungle, culminating in the discovery of a 1100-year-old "stepwell" (बावड़ी / बावली). Nestled around 1.5 km outside the village, in a secluded jungle area, this ancient stepwell became the backdrop for a truly magical dining experience. Illuminated solely by thousands of lanterns and candles, the absence of electric bulbs heightened the enchantment of the evening. The stepwell itself was adorned with flickering lanterns and candles, casting a warm glow on the surroundings. Within this mesmerizing setting, two Rajasthani folk singers filled the air with traditional tunes, accompanied by the melodic strains of a Ravanahatha (Harp-like musical instrument). One singer was singing inside the stepwell, while the other graced the exterior. The culinary offerings were a delightful blend of delicious and authentic Rajasthani fare. The intimate dinner, arranged in a traditional manner, ensures an unparalleled experience that will linger in memory for a long time.

A stepwell decorated with dim light oil lampsA stepwell decorated with dim light oil lamps

A Kerosene oil lanternA Kerosene oil lantern     LG Nandkk in a traditional Rajasthani styled turban ready for dinnerLG Nandkk in a traditional Rajasthani styled turban ready for dinner

Screenshot_2024-01-17-11-02-42-33_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Mountain Trekking - I also did trekking on the adjacent Eklingaji Jaikalji Hill, aka Elephant Hill due to the presence of a 15-foot-tall statue of a white elephant at its hilltop. Ascending to the hilltop required conquering 700 inclined steps. The panoramic view from the summit was truly breathtaking, leaving a lasting and memorable impression. Here also, one of the hotel staff had accompanied me carrying the snacks items, water bottles and tea.

view from a hilltopview from a hilltop 
two moneys sitting on a temple pillartwo moneys sitting on a temple pillar    LG Nandkk under an elephant statute at a hilltopLG Nandkk under an elephant statute at a hilltop

Nearby Temples - Narlai, often referred to as the city of temples, is renowned for its ancient spiritual sites surrounded by several beautiful Hindu & Jain temples. Some of these temples are intricately carved into the mountainside and few are on hilltops. I visited a prominent temple dedicated to the revered deity Aai Mataji, located very close to the hotel. Additionally, within Elephant Hill, there's a small temple nestled inside a mountain cave dedicated to God Shiva.

A cave like mountainA cave like mountain  temple of aai jee matatemple of aai jee mata 

In conclusion, our sojourn at Rawla Narlai was truly enchanting, providing distinctive experiences seldom encountered elsewhere in Rajasthan. It is a remarkable destination where everything is meticulously crafted to perfection, ensuring an unforgettable and seamless experience. A visit to Rawla Narlai is bound to leave you utterly amazed!

LG Nandkk taking selfie from hotel balcony, background view of a mountainLG Nandkk taking selfie from hotel balcony, background view of a mountain

Tagging you all for your opinion and feedback of this post and about this place. 
Narlai, Rajasthan, India
61 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Rawla Narlai - A unique hidden heritage gem in the Heart of Rajasthan @ Pali, Rajasthan

Most people think Rajasthan is just a desert and sand dunes but only a few people who venture out and explore this amazing state of India can discover its greenery and natural beauty in some of the most rugged and oldest Aravali mountains.

Rawla Narlai appears to be a perfect getaway, the photos are truly mesmerizing and there is a lot of sightseeing and entertainment.

I have been to Kumbhalgarh and nearby places in Pali like Ranakpur Temple but did not know about this place earlier.

Thank you for introducing this place @NandKK - I will try to visit this place, definitely 👍

Level 9

Betreff: Rawla Narlai - A unique hidden heritage gem in the Heart of Rajasthan @ Pali, Rajasthan

@NandKK ein großartiger Artikel

Das Hotel mit Pool und viel Grün vor 

diesem Berg, ein krasser Gegensatz.

Mir hat der gesamte Bericht und die schönen Bilder sehr gut gefallen.

Level 10

Re: Rawla Narlai - A unique hidden heritage gem in the Heart of Rajasthan @ Pali, Rajasthan

Correctly said @Tushar_Suradkar , in few parts of Rajasthan there is more greenery and wile life like other states. Around 60 % of Rajasthan is dessert, rest all area is having good greenery. 

Good to know that you had visited Kumbhalgadh and Ranakpur Temple. Had you seen the walls of the Kumbhalgadh Fort? I was told it possess the longest wall in india with a perimeter of more than 36 km. 

Level 10

Betreff: Rawla Narlai - A unique hidden heritage gem in the Heart of Rajasthan @ Pali, Rajasthan

Yes indeed, @Annaelisa  it is great place to relax, staying away from the chaos of the crowded city. Even though it is tourist place, yet you will find almost zero crowd here. Because the leisure here is quite expensive, that's you will find a very less Indian local tourists. However easily affordable by the foreign tourists hence more you will find foreign tourists here, relaxing at poolside with beer mug in hand and enjoying the village walk. 

Level 9

Wonderful articulated about Narlai,truly I was not knowing about it @NandKK ji,

Thanks for sharing. 

Regards

Anil singh

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 9

Certainly this is a hidden gem. There may be more such hidden adventurous gems in Rajasthan. Will visit this place once in lifetime.

Level 10

Thanks for appreciating my post @Anil6969 

My effort was to give each and every detail which I had experienced here through my posts, that's why it is a bit lengthy. I do hope this lengthy post has justified my experiences. Thank you again for reading my lengthy post. 🙏

You should visit here once whenever you come towards Rajasthan (Udaipur side)

Level 10

Yeah... totally agree with you bhai @VISHALGATTANI  there must be more such hidden adventurous gems in Rajasthan and infact in whole India..

Through this connect platform (LG Community) we must share such gems with each other. 

Thanks bhai for reading and appreciating my lengthy post. 🙏

Level 10

Sorry for being a bit late to respond, dear @NandKK...

Great post... A lot of valuable and interesting information. 

Highly appreciate your efforts and dedication. 

Any special name for the Rajasthani Thali shown in the post? 

The photo... "View from the hilltop" is my choice... Great Shot... full of nature... 👍👍👍

The illuminated stepwell is really amazing - how many people will light this up? Stunned by the FRAME!

The leopard shot needs a high zoom camera to capture... Still good.

Aai Mata Ji temple... Aai = Mata...right?

A lot of details - thanks for sharing... 

🙏🙏🙏🙏‌.

@PrasadVR @AnubhaBangia @ShailendraOjha 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me