Yucco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Before preparing for Connect Live 2020, I wanna look back on Connect Live 2019.

It took almost 3 months to post a recap of amazing Connect Live 2019 because I was looking for the words fit for my impressions. In the meantime the application of next Connect Live 2020 is almost starting. Time flies like an arrow.

Connect Live 2019Connect Live 2019

In Japan, there is a word “Kotodama”. I think it’s “Power of words” in English. It is said that there is a spirit in the spoken words, and I believe they have the power to change the real world. I believe in “Kotodama”.While I was attending Connect Live in San Jose, I felt like Everyone had desires to improve themselves, and discussed motivated stories. The Space of Connect Live was filled with good “Kotodama”. 
Therefore I want to say now “I’ll keep on doing my best as a Local Guide, and I want to attend Connect Live again and meet lovely guides!” I hope it would be real!! I hope all guides would attend next Connect Live again!!
In front of attendees' photosIn front of attendees' photos
The days I spent in San Jose was a dream experience for me.
First of all, I want to send my thanks to 199 attendees, Traci, the Local Guides team, Googlers and every people who handled this big event. When I got ‘You’re in!’ mail, I felt It’s a dream come true!!! I felt a little pressure because I thought that a little effort might be needed to communicate in English for me. As a result, of course It was really wonderful to participate in the event, I thought it was worth the effort.
Attendees from around the worldAttendees from around the world

- Amazing people from all over the world -
I could meet amazing people all over the world! They were very kind, beautiful and talented people. It was my first experience meeting and talking with such a many foreigners. Thanks for posting at Local Guide Connect and talking in chat groups, They accepted me like a close friend. Posting the #TeamChallenge was an good opportunity to talk to other people. I want to say thank you to @ErmesT  who proposed the challenge and our members of #Team-Japan. Some pre event helped me to get to know peoples, for example “San Jose 36 Photowalk” organized by @PaulPavlinovich and “Pizza meet-up” organized by @manulele81. These events had a relaxed mood. We walked around the city, took lots of photos and ate a lot of good pizza. thanks to this experience, I love to go for a walk around in after coming back to home more than ever.
In the special space of Connect Live, I think that I could make a good bond with our fellow attendees from Japan (from the Netherlands). Thank you  @HiroyukiTakisawa, @ken_jp, @Yasuyo, @Shota_2020 and @jjwalsh. Special thanks to @MaximinoSantos  who has a soul of Japanese. Of course to other lots of friends. I can't tag everyone.
After coming back to home, when I think about what I should do, I remember wonderful people who I met in Connect Live. I often remember the special words “Self esteem!!” that @Alejandra gave me. Then I can get positive answer. I’m keen to keep on being friends with every amazing people who I met in San Jose.
at Google HQat Google HQ

- What is Google Maps and Local Guides? -
When I went to Google HQ, I was so amazed because It was so cool! There were a lot of Googlers, they gave us latest tips about Google Maps. And they told us that our reviews and edits were really important to them. That made me so amazed, then I felt proud.
I have loved Google Map for many years and I felt like I could go anywhere with Google Map even though I have no sense of direction. At first I started posting reviews to save what I felt at that place. While I kept posting reviews, I started to write reviews more carefully, then I had the urge to post reviews to help people who read them. Because I was helped many times by reviews of other Local Guides. They always gave me useful information such as delicious lunches and reasonable parking lots, and most of all, they gave me passions for going out more!
The experience visiting Google HQ changed my mind completely that I’m not just a reviewer but a Local Guide, and gave me a big passion to be a Local Guide. I felt that I could find one of answers what Google Maps is. Google maps is what tell people that we are living in such a beautiful world and we can go anywhere with supports of Local Guides. I want to be more helpful to people and be a Local Guide as long as I can.

Thank you for reading my long recap.

[日本語] 今年の準備の前に、2019のコネクトライブの振り返りをします。

最高の体験だったコネクトライブ2019の振り返りを投稿するのに、ほとんど3か月もかかってしまいました。自分の感想にあてはまる、ちょうどいい言葉をさがしていたらつい…。そうこうしているうちに、今年のコネクトライブの応募が始まろうとしています。時の経つのは早いものですね。

日本には「言霊」という言葉があります。英語では「言葉の力」になりますか。発された言葉には精霊が宿り、それらは現実の世界をも変える力を持つと言われています。私は「言霊」を信じています。サンノゼでのコネクトライブに参加している間感じていたことなのですが、その場のすべての人が、自分自身を良くしようと努力し、やる気に満ちていました。コネクトライブの会場は、良い「言霊」で満たされていました。
ですので、私は言葉にしておきたいと思います。「私はローカルガイドとして、ベストを尽くすことを続けます。そして、再びコネクトライブに出席して、あの素晴らしいガイドたちと再会したいです。」現実になりますように!そして皆もまた次のコネクトライブに参加しますように!

サンノゼで過ごした日々は夢のような体験でした。
なによりもまず、199人の参加者、Traciさん、ローカルガイドチーム、Googleのみなさん、この大きなイベントに関わったすべての方に感謝します。当選したとき夢みたいだって思っていました。英語でコミュニケーションをとることにプレッシャーは感じていましたが、結果としては、参加できて最高でした。必死で努力するに値するイベントだと思いました。

-世界中からの驚くべき人々-
世界中から来た、素晴らしい人たちに出会うことができました。彼らは親切で、感じもよく、才能にあふれていました。こんなに多くの外国の人たちと出会って話をするのは、初めての体験でした。コネクトのサイトに投稿したり、チャットグループでチャットをしていたおかげで、親しい友達のように受け入れてもらえました。#チームチャレンジに投稿できたことは、非常に良い機会になりました。この企画をたててくれたErmestさんと、#チームジャパンのメンバーに感謝します。いくつかのプレイベントにも参加し、それらも皆と知り合う手助けになりました。Paulさん主催の「サンノゼの36フォトウォーク」やEmamnuelさん主催の「ピザ・ミートアップ」などです。イベントではリラックスして話をすることができました。これらの経験から、日本に帰ってからも、あちこち歩き回るのが以前よりもっと好きになりました。
コネクトライブの特別な空間で、日本(とオランダ)からの出席者ともとても良い信頼関係が作れたと思います。ヒロさん、ケンさん、ヤスヨさん、ショータさん、jjwalshさん、そして日本人の魂をもつMax、ありがとう。そして名前を書ききれない友達皆も、ありがとう。
日本に帰ってから、何か迷ったときには、コネクトライブで出会った素晴らしい人たちのことを思い出します。とくによく思い出すのは、Alejandraさんが教えてくれた特別な言葉「Self steam!!」(自分に自信をもつこと!!)です。そうするとポジティブな気持ちになれます。サンノゼで出会った皆と、ずっと長く友人でいたいです。

-Google Mapやローカルガイドって何だろう?-
Google本社に行ったときには、そのオフィスが非常にかっこいいので圧倒されました。Goolgeの社員さんが大勢いて、Google Mapの最先端の情報などを教えてくれました。そして私たちローカルガイドの口コミや地図編集は、大変有用だと何度も話してくれていました。それにはちょっと驚きましたし、誇らしい気持ちになりました。
私はかなり昔からGoogle Mapが好きで使っていて、Google Mapがあればどこでも行けるように思っていました。方向音痴なんですが。最初は、自分の感想を残すために口コミを書きはじめました。口コミの投稿をつづけているうちに、少しずつ気持ちが変わっていって、人の役に立つように書こうと思うようになりました。私自身が、多くの口コミに助けれたからです。美味しいランチやお値打ちな駐車場の情報など、それらの口コミはいつも役立つ情報を私にくれましたし、なによりも、出かけたい!と思うモチベーションになってくれたことが、私には素晴らしいことでした。
Google本社を訪問できたことは、私の意識を大きく変えました。私はただ口コミを書く人ではなくて、ローカルガイドの一員なのだと。そして、Google Mapとは何かという疑問の答えが見つかったように思いました。Google Mapは、人々に世界が美しくて素晴らしく、そしてローカルガイドがサポートするからどこへでも行けると伝えているのかなと思いました。そして私も、良いローカルガイドとして、できるだけ長く活動を続けたいと思いました。
私の長い振り返りを読んでもらって、ありがとうございました。
San Jose, カリフォルニア州 アメリカ合衆国
29 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: [Recap] Before preparing for Connect Live 2020, I wanna look back on Connect Live 2019.

Hi,#yucco!

I'm Japanese local guide too.

I read your post.

Your English is so clearly !

I want to join connect live more.

I look forward to seeing you.

Level 8

Re: [Recap] Before preparing for Connect Live 2020, I wanna look back on Connect Live 2019.

Hi @Anonymous 

Good to see you! Thank you for your comment.

I live in Nagoya. May I ask where are you from?

Your level is 10, you're great!

I'm looking forward to seeing you, too!

I recommend you would introduce yourself here.

I think you could find more Japanese Loacal guides 🙂

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa,

I think we find a new firend!

Level 8

@Yucco , Very interesting write-up. You have put your dream come true in to words so we feel like we are in it. 

Cheers..!!!

Level 10

@Yucco  that´s pretty cool my friend! It seems you had a blast in Connect Live 2019!  🙂   wish you the best this time as well!

Level 8

Amazing RECAP post written by you @Yucco … I read the whole post and felt everything what a Local Guide feels like.

😀

Connect Moderator

Hi @Yucco, you are a very nice girl, and It was pleasure to meet you, in San Jose. Hope to see you soon! 

Best   regards,

Alexandre

Level 9

日本語には翻訳できない言葉があり、あなたは「言霊」をとてもよく選びました。
日本語の文化的意味を理解できてうれしいです。`\o/´「以心伝心」と言うでしょう。

今年のアプリケーションに頑張りましょう!

また会おうね。

Level 8

Hi, @Yucco

Thanks for your sharing about you and Local guides attendees 2019.

There is a speech sharing is caring , So thank you again from me from us for your careing

Connect Moderator

Hi @Yucco,

it is never to late and your impressions is simple great. Beautiful post, beautiful words, you are a beautiful person and glad having met you there.

Thank you very much for this nice recap and good luck with Connect Live 2020 application!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂