JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recap: Chennai Heritage Walk

Dear friends, I am very excited to present our successful Chennai Heritage Walk. 

HighlightHighlight

Full Heritage meetup details: 
Meetup : 1 (photowalk)
Timing: 10:00am - Egmore Station Heritage Walk - by Mr. Packirisamy Saravanakanth
Started at Egmore Railway station, continued to Rail Museum and CentralStarted at Egmore Railway station, continued to Rail Museum and Central
Meetup : 2 (photowalk)
Timing: 12:30pm - Rail Museum Heritage Walk - by Mr. TravellerG
 Special Lunch meetupSpecial Lunch meetup
Speical Food Meetup :  - Not listed 
Timing: 2.00pm - Taste of Heritage (Food crawl) by Mr. Rtn. Arul Prakasam T LG 
Great time in exploring and sharingGreat time in exploring and sharing
Meetup : 3 Photowalk)
Timing: 3.00pm - Chennai Heritage Walk by Mr. John Peter 
 Exploring the cityExploring the city
Meetup : 4 (Photowalk)
Timing: 4:30pm - Chennai Heritage Walk 2.0 by Mr. Dhobi G
 Train MuseumTrain Museum
Meetup : 5 (photowalk)
Timing: 6:30 pm - Night Photography of Heritages by Mr. Jose G Benjamin 

Fully Charged Local guidesFully Charged Local guides

It was an unforgettable meetup and very successful event in my life. Even after twelve hours of walking and traveling around the city still, we find time was very less. The maximum temperature of the day was 40-degree Celsius but we had overcome all difficulties with the team spirit. 

Thanks to @Traveler G for helping in the meetup approval process. Thanks to @Pakiyaswami LG sir, @@Rtn. Arul Prakasam T LG, @Ravi Local Guude, @@Jose LG for all your support and organizing the event systematically. Thanks t@Amrish  and team for taking initiative for the Great Heritage walk part II. Special thanks to googlers for considering our request for multiple meetups and approving it on time, very special thanks to google moderator  @KlaudiyaG . 

Virtual meetup: 

We were also able to meet other Local guides who were part of the Heritage walk in other cities through Virtual meetup. Especially with the help of dear Amrish we connect with Delhi Local guides, Mumbai local guides and also with Connect moderator dear @StephenAbraham  and World local guide moderator dear @Jerone

Gifts 

Also received special gifts like coolers and community badges. 

Community Moderators:

Two oldest community moderators also joined in this event dear @Rtn. Arul Prakasam (South India Local guides) & @Kartikeyan (Tamilnadu local guides group). 

Local guides from other cities & State:

Local guides from other cities and state also participated in this event like @aaryesdee, has come from Banglore to attend the meetup in Chennai for the last three times. 

Local Guides join with their family members:

We were very excited to see our dear Arul Prakasam sir joined with his son (father & son), Dear Jose LG joined with his brother and also sathiya raj joined with his brother. 

Photography Class: 

Our dear guru @travelerg helped as in each meetup with a speical session on how to take perfect photos and also his night photography classes were far excellent. First time in my life taken good photos at night. 

Future meetups : 

Overall it was a great experience of learning, sharing and meeting other local guides, the energy and team spirit was high and many local guides promised to host meetups in their own locations. 

Once again I thank all the participants, organizers and Google team for helping this event very memorial. Looking forward join next meetup. 

Photo album Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/u8kfPna9v12BzpxM8

Thank you,

Sincerely,

John Peter 

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
21 comments
Level 10

Re: Recap: Chennai Heritage Walk

@JohnPeter Great effort and results by all contributors. Thanks for inviting me to join in the meet-up. Proud of everyone. 

Next time I will join in person.

See everyone soon.

Level 10

Dear @StephenAbraham , thanks for joining our meetup through virtual meetup. We are eagerly waiting for your next visit to India, you are most welcome. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

man you had a fun time there wish i was there i would have had fun

Level 10

Yes dear @Anonymous,  we had wonderful time.  You are welcome to join our upcoming meetups

Anonymous
Not applicable

wish i could but i live no where near your home i live in america and i don't have the money to fly to you

Level 10

Great @JohnPeter bhai , @TravellerG sir, hosts and all attendees thank you very much for taking part in The Great Indian Heritage Walk - II and Make It successful. we (Delhi Local Guides Chapter) really enjoy while sharing the screen with you guys.

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

New Chennai Express Coach Restaurant at MuseumNew Chennai Express Coach Restaurant at Museum

@JohnPeter 

Thanks Joh' for this great initiative and it was brilliantly executed.

RegardsChennai Marina beach. Picture by aaryesdeeChennai Marina beach. Picture by aaryesdee

LG's enjoying the meal at AnjapparLG's enjoying the meal at Anjappar

aaryesdeeChennai Egmore Station from where the journey begin. Picture by aaryesdeeChennai Egmore Station from where the journey begin. Picture by aaryesdee

CameraZOOM-20190505133040488.jpg

R S Dev
Level 9

Super @JohnPeter , 

வாழ்த்துகள் பல்வேறு பணிகளுககு இடையே சிறப்பான முறையில்  பதிவு செய்தமைக்கு நன்றி!

Level 8

Thanks @JohnPeter and All LG Team for well organised and made a memorable day with multiple meetup.@