Tejal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recap : Diamond city Surat Calling………..

All visited places group photographAll visited places group photograph

"Empowering Minds, Connecting Hearts: Uniting for Knowledge Sharing."

Surat, known as the "Diamond City of India," is famous for its diamond industry, diverse cuisine including Gujarati dishes and street food like Locho, Surti Undhiyu, and Ghari, and a thriving textile sector producing fabrics like silk and cotton. The city is a major hub for textile manufacturing, trading, and diamond cutting, with a rich cultural heritage attracting tourists and business enthusiasts.

We the team of Local Guide from India love food, travel, and sharing knowledge about visited places with others. being in the teaching profession I always prefer to share knowledge with others so my vision is to explore manufacturing units for diamonds and textiles Here I hosted a meet-up at Surat the city of diamonds, textiles, and food.

My Co-host is from Local Surat City @Vijay_Bhadani @Rushabh_Sindhav   @Mukund_hirpara_  they have done lots of preparation regarding guiding in Surat City about the stay and food thank you so much for doing hospitality for our community.

Next day we were highlighted in local newspaperNext day we were highlighted in local newspaper

@NareshDarji is always a pillar of the team. Our LH @KInjalChhaya also very actively took part in the meet up he distributed famous food of surat to all LGS while returning. and this time I would like to big thank you from all of us to  @chiragvankar  who helped us with a visit to the textile market, lunch, and factory visit of the saree manufacturing unit.

Starting Point  Jalaram Locho

Get together point and had breakfastGet together point and had breakfast

Part-1 Breakfast and diamond unit 🍱

Our gathering points are Jalaram Locho and Rasawala Khaman We start our day with a very famous food of Surat called  “LOCHO” We enjoyed breakfast there and our own LG @ptrivedi prepared ID cards for all visitors which is very beautiful you can see the image above pic. Then we move ahead to the diamond factory. it was 10 Am.

LG @Mukund_hirpara_  explained the entire process all about the diamond journey………… All my co-hosts took 10.30 AM to 11.30 AM appointments from the factory owner. So we move to the next location.

@Vijay_Bhadani

@Rushabh_Sindhav 

@Mukund_hirpara_ 

very deep knowledge of the diamond industry

The process of transforming a raw diamond into a polished diamond involves several stages. Initially, the rough diamond is carefully extracted from the earth and sorted based on its quality and potential value. Next, the rough diamond undergoes a process called cleaving or sawing, where it is cut into smaller, more manageable pieces. These pieces are then shaped through grinding and polishing to reveal the diamond's brilliance and fire. Throughout this transformation, skilled diamond cutters use precision tools and techniques to enhance the diamond's clarity, color, and overall beauty. The final result is a polished diamond ready to be set into jewelry and admired for its exquisite sparkle.

Process , tools and pics at diamond factoryProcess , tools and pics at diamond factory

Part-2 Textile Industry (Himanee Fashions) :-👚

Surat is renowned for its vibrant textile industry, producing a wide range of fabrics including silk, cotton, and polyester. The city is a hub for textile manufacturing in India, known for its quality and diverse designs.

Here Mr. Vinit gave us a detailed explanation about how they generate sarees from plane gray cloth converted into beautiful sarees.  Himanee sarees also greeted us with breakfast which was equaling to lunch we were thankful to them.

To convert a gray cloth into a saree, you can follow these steps: First, choose a suitable fabric for the saree such as silk, cotton, or chiffon. Then, dye the gray cloth in the desired color using fabric dye. Next, determine the length and width of the saree based on your measurements and preferences. Cut the fabric accordingly, ensuring it is long enough to drape elegantly when worn. Finally, add any embellishments like embroidery, sequins, or borders to enhance the look of the saree. Once these steps are completed, you will have successfully transformed the gray cloth into a beautiful saree ready to be worn for any occasion.

You can see some of the pics that all the females from the LG group trying to wear and our Famous LG TG sir is clicking the pics. We also congratulated you for getting 50,000 likes on Connect. This is an amazing achievement.

Process of textile gray cloth to sareesProcess of textile gray cloth to sarees

Part-3 Textile part 2:-(Natangi)

Here we visited Lehgha and the traditional Indian wedding collection manufacturing unit.

I do not want to move from this place it was so an amazing design we saw the entire process of how they converted cloth into a 15 to 20-kg lehenga Indian bridal dress. We understood and saw the entire process of how clothes are cut, stitched, and designed how they are doing a photo shoot for the promotion of their dress and what is the cost. We all female were crazy………. It was a lovely design and not able to decide which to select.

Traditional  Indian wedding  dress factoryTraditional Indian wedding dress factory

Part-3 Lunch Time: (Purohit Thali) 

We had delicious Gujarati thali at Prohit Thali it was delicious food like we are eating in our own home. There was a ramp at the entrance so it was an accessible place also the restaurant was very clean. @TravellerG  gifted calendar to all lgs thank you so much sir now it is located in my school computer lab table very useful for me.

Lunch Time  Gujarati Thali Pure veg.Lunch Time Gujarati Thali Pure veg.

Part -4 Surat Fort:-🏛

Last but not least we connect to how Surat City was birth and saw its entire journey in this palace. We got permission in time this fort is open only till 6’o o'clock and we entered at 4’o o'clock it was fun to enjoy with all LGS.

Surat fort click by me from top viewSurat fort click by me from top view

Musical Session with LG DeepakMusical Session with LG Deepak

I wanted to extend my heartfelt gratitude for attending my event. special thanks to LG   @Vijay_Bhadani

@Rushabh_Sindhav 

@Mukund_hirpara_ @Kinjalchhaya  thank you for the return gift as famous food packets @Ptrivedi  thank you for the beautiful ID card  @chiragvankar  for helping me to make this mega meet-up successful. Last but not least thank you @Rushabh_Sindhav for the badge.

Your presence truly made the occasion special and memorable. It meant so much to me to have you there celebrating with us. Your support and company were truly appreciated. I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did having you there. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to join us. Your presence added to the joy of the event, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Here I am taking a few LGS 

@bhayani_naitik   @Ptrivedi  @ATULPATEL17178   @RosyKohli  @Jaykumarb   @Premalpatel  @chetan    @Yagokd 

Surat, Gujarat, India
66 comments
Level 8

Re: Recap : Diamond city Surat Calling………..

@ImNikunj91  @HinalLad @ @Nyainurjanah  @Nachiket_methre   @FalguniP  @NandKK  @Pratik_89  @indahnuria 

We would love to hear from you all and hope we can meet you all in person soon.

Regards Tejal 

@AnshukMitra  where are you? No see long time.

Regards Tejal 

Level 9

Sounds like you guys had an amazing time there.

So much photos.

Well done @Tejal ji.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Yes dear @Tejal 👍

Happy to be part of it... 😊

It was unforgettable Meet-up...

Full day Enjoy with all LGs...😊

Level 7

@Tejal Whoa! What a fantastic recap of the Surat Meetup! The day is made vivid by your in-depth description. Being a part of an occasion this remarkable was an honor. I appreciate the chance, and I'm very happy that everyone had a good time. Anticipating many more meetups in the future! 😊🎉

Level 10

Yes, my dear friend @deepakjhic,

Because of their spirit, I too joined them (from Bangalore, via Mumbai)... 

It was an amazing event... A day full of activities and enjoyments - ever loving memories... 

Hats off to Gujarat LGs for their dedication... 

Thanks, dear @Tejal, @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @chiragvankar @Het_patel and many other friends...

Thanks, dear Deepak for your kind response. 

🤝❤️👍🌹

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Hello, my very dear @Tejal,

Wow... Gigantic RECAP... 

Really took time even to glance... 

Extremely well prepared and presented very helpfully... 

This would have consumed a lot of time... I can understand... 

Highly appreciated your efforts and dedication to bringing out this beautiful post! 

Every photo is meaningful and the text is so much in detail that even after a decade, someone can FEEL THIS EVENT... 

CONGRATULATIONS... dear Tejal...

Of course, I fully admit the initiative placed by our dear @NareshDarji from the backstage... Excellent event...

Super... 

🤝❤️👍🌹🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Hello, very dear @Mukund_hirpara_,

Extremely, high class event - an ever-loving memory... 

Extremely well managed also. 

Thanks to all the participants for their kind gestures... 

🤝🤝🤝

Connect Moderator

What a great meetup!!! @Tejal 

From breakfast to visit Diamond City. A visit to the textile market and finally visit to the Surat fort was a truly wonderful day for me.

It was one of the most unforgettable days of my life. 

Thank you @Vijay_Bhadani @Rushabh_Sindhav   @Mukund_hirpara_ @Kinjalchhaya and @chiragSalli for the great arrangements. 

Your presence in this meetup really made a difference. @TravellerG @Shrut19 @RosyKohli @yagokd 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

@Het_patel I am very grateful to you for the tour of Surat city you gave me.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.