Farhan21's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recap: Explore Iftar Bazar with Local Guides

Hello! Dear Local Guides,
We have completed our Explore Iftar Bazar with Local Guides meet-up successfully with our fellow local guides.
Iftar is a special thing Muslims do during Ramadan. They come together with others and eat after the sun sets. It's a time for community and sharing food. This happens right after the Maghrib prayer.

Local Guides attendee Of Meet UpLocal Guides attendee Of Meet Up

We love to meet together & share our Google Maps Local Guiding experiences. This time we decided to meet & have iftar together.

After meeting at 4 PM at Dhaka Gulshan 2 we have discussed our meetup agenda and tasks. We started to see the surroundings and collect information of places & pictures of Iftar Bazar. In Bangladesh usually the Iftar shops take places beside roads so that everyone can see the foods easily & purchase.

Few Guiding Places (Photo: Local Guides)Few Guiding Places (Photo: Local Guides)The famous foods for Iftar in Bangladesh are: Puffed Rice, Burinda, Jilapi, Alor chop, Beguni, Chola But, Checken Roll, Chicken shaslik, mutton and chicken roast, Kacchi Biriyani, shuti kabab, Shami Kabab, Boti Kabab, Reshmi Kabab, Sheek Kabab, shahi doi bora, mutton and chicken cutlet, kima roll, kima parata etc. All the iftar items are originated in the Mughal era. And seasonal fresh fruits.

Iftar Iteams (Photo: meetup attendee)Iftar Iteams (Photo: meetup attendee)

As Dessert/Drinks items people like to eat Halim, doi bora, borhani, mattha etc.

TV channel  Iftar InterviewTV channel Iftar Interview

In Bangladesh Iftar is like a festive, TV channels are also stay busy with Ramadan & Iftar. Meet up times we could see many TV channels to take interview & footages of Iftar Bazar.

We decided to do our Iftar at Famous restaurant Star Kebab. Before Iftar time discussed about our Guiding, How to take more quality based picture, Review writing strategy, Guiding Experiences, sharing stickers.
Stickers on meetupsStickers on meetups
In this meetup the attendee was: @ShafiulB @ShakilAK @ShahMdSultan @SolaimanHossain @Naiem @mhmanikbd 

Photo Album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yio69YxLWEZA8ooo6
I was taking  picture of food,I was taking picture of food,
After Having Iftar we ended our Meet up with fresh mind & Motivation.

Farhan Sadik

Gulshan, Dhaka, Bangladesh
7 comments
Level 7

Re: Recap: Explore Iftar Bazar with Local Guides

I realized that the meet up was very exciting after seeing the picture. I wish I could stay. Inshallah next time.

#LGB

Level 8

Dear @abuahadsiam !
We missed you a lot. Hope to see you again at next meet ups. 
Happy Guiding! Keep Guiding !

Farhan Sadik

Connect Moderator

Wow @Farhan21 the foods look delicious 😋!

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Dear @Farhan21 , I'm thrilled to be a part of this meet-up organized by Local Guides Bangla community.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 8

Hi @NunungAfuah !
You are cordially invited to Bangladesh to enjoy this Foods. (^_^) 

Farhan Sadik

Level 8

Dear @ShahMdSultan!
We were glad to have you vaia. Thanks for staying with us always.

Farhan Sadik

Connect Moderator

@ShahMdSultan Thanks for writing a great RECAP. Every year we have this iftar bazar special meet-up. I enjoyed this meetup with some of my favourite local guide fellows. We took many iftar photography and explored the iftar bazar of the Gulshan area of Dhaka city. 

Keep sharing!

Happy Guiding!