cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Road Mapper Challenge Knowledge-Sharing Meet-Up

road mapper meetup 2 crop.jpg

Date: Sunday, 11th Feb 2024
Time: UTC 11:00 am (convert to your local time HERE)

Hosts: @JustJake & @PrasadVR 

Description:
Road Mapper is an invite-only program to "add new roads to the map, where they are needed most." From September 19th to January 4th, @Mike_G announced re-opening the registration. On January 1st, @JustJake posted a personal 31-Day Road Mapper Challenge. Much to my surprise, quite a few fellow LGs joined in!

Goals:

• Recap the 31-Day Challenge
  • Review discussions from the Challenge Post
  • Discuss Tips and Best Practices
  • Review differences and overlap between Road Mapper and Maps Editing
  • Get feedback from participants
  • Future Plans
    • Next Road Mapper Challenge
    • TRAC Challenge

We hope you'll join us!

Note: This event is not endorsed by Google, Google Maps, or the Road Mapper Program. Both @PrasadVR and I are volunteer Local Guides like everyone else and have no working relationship or direct line of communication with the Google Maps team. We are hosting this event using our own time and resources. Everything discussed during the event are the opinions of @JustJake and other participants, and do not necessarily reflect the views or intentions of Google. There are no prizes or gifts for hosting, nor will will there be any for attending. As this is a virtual event, please provide your own cookies and tea.

JustJake TRAC Badge
32 comments
Level 10

Re: Road Mapper Challenge Knowledge-Sharing Meet-Up

Thank you all for your interest in the Meet-Up. Please kindly complete THIS FORM to register and help generate relevant content. See you online!

@ofsanjay @Maximilianozalazar @ShailendraOjha @MrFreez @bhayani_naitik @ShifaAymal @PrasadVR 

Please tag any others who you think would like to participate.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

@JustJake okay now we will meet up on Google meet up🤝, i saved the calander schedule 😀.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 10

What a Great Idea @JustJake    Definitely count me. If I can help please let me know.

Level 7

Thanks for sharing @JustJake sir. 🙂🙏

Will meet you in Google meet. 👍😊

Level 8

Good idea @JustJake

Unfortunately I just checked the time against my time zone and won't be available.

Level 7

Looks intriguing, Count me in! @JustJake 

Level 10

I'm excited that we've got interest in this topic already! Once we reach the end of January, more information will be posted in the first comment. I'm also interested to know who has and has not been admitted into the Road Mapper program. Some of what we discuss has an impact on how we edit the Live Map, so it would be great to know how many are only able to edit the Map vs. Road Mapper - @ShailendraOjha@bhayani_naitik@ShifaAymal   

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 10

Thank you, @TerryPG! You've been a big contributor to the discussion on the challenge, along with @Rednewt74 & @tony_b. I look forward to your contributions to the discussion on the meetup.   

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

Ohh dear friend @JustJake  till now I didn't receive @mikeG invitation mail.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13