JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Robin Hood Army - Chennai, India

The Robin Hood Army in Chennai, is helping thousands of people who are in hunger, by collecting the excess foods and distribute to the needy. This initiative is happening most of the major cities in India. 

Myself and team members distributing fried rice to the cute kids at Chennai Marina BeachMyself and team members distributing fried rice to the cute kids at Chennai Marina Beach

In Cities like Chennai, every day many celebrations, Marriages, birthday parties other events are happening and lots of foods are being wasted. On the other side children, women, aged people, poor and orphans are going to bed in hunger. The Robin Hood Army is taking a major role in finding excessive foods and distribute to the needy. 

You can see God in the smile of the poor ( photo taken by our team member in another event)You can see God in the smile of the poor ( photo taken by our team member in another event)

c270d2bc-e918-49f1-8df0-ef0289c308d2.jpg

Presently many event managers are in touch with this initiative and donate excessive foods. Further, food delivery companies like Suggy, giveaways their canceled food orders. 

In Chennai, presently every Friday at 7.30 pm the drive is happening at Chennai Merina beach. Special drives happening based on the food received. 

I am really happy to be part of this movement and encourage all the local guides in India to join in their respective cities to fight against hunger and food wastewaste by reporting both excessive food and needy people. 

Love to hear such stories in your area!

Thank you,

John Peter 

3 comments
Level 8

Re: Robin Hood Army - Chennai, India

@JohnPeter  Wow sir! 

Really a nice Initiative to distribute food. 

SAHIL KHAN
local guide live for discovering world
Keep sharing!
And keep Tagging!
Level 10

Robinhood army chapters are started in other part of Chennai also. 

So interested Local guides and travelers can join the regular Friday Evening drives or special events. 

Screenshot_2019-10-10-09-47-51-927_com.android.chrome.png

Google Vendor

Hi @JohnPeter,

This is a great movement! I hope many Local Guides can join and help the people in need. Good luck to the Robinhood team of Chennai. Thanks for sharing the story with us.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!