ogewuru's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Same Activity: Different Responses ?

Can anyone tell me why l get two different response from Google each time l do editing especially category change

Screenshot_20231216-095916_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20231216-095959_Maps.jpg

Kaduna, Nigeria
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Same Activity: Different Responses ?

Hi @ogewuru 

I have seen this hundreds of times. I guess that the second feedback is a backup if the servers are unable to respond quickly. 

Cheers

Morten

Level 10

@MortenCopenhagen 

Is a possibility, l was thinking that one means outright rejection of edit, but from the look of things is not so.

Connect Moderator

I've seen both types @ogewuru , but the first one (with the points) much more frequently. I don't think there is a link to the edit being approved or rejected - also when you get the '+5 points' screen your edit can still be rejected.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Rif.: Same Activity: Different Responses ?

Ciao @ogewuru dalla mia esperienza, il primo messaggio con i punti lo ottieni quando modifichi il nome o l'indirizzo di un POI, il secondo invece quando modifichi le caratteristiche (accessibilità,  servizi, tipo di pagamento,  frequentazione etc..), infatti per questo tipo di modifiche non si ottengono punti ma solo un messaggio di ringraziamento da Google 

Level 10

Thank you @JanVanHaver is still a puzzle to me, at a time l thought it has to do with points. But like you explained is not so

Level 10

@PattyBlack  nice to hear your input, but note that for each acceptable change/edit made there is a 5 points tag on it. 

Level 8

Non ho mai visto cambiamenti nel punteggio quando modifico le caratteristiche di un posto né le trovo nella mia lista delle modifiche o ricevo comunicazione di modifica accettata. Non sono una grande esperta e sicuramente hai ragione tu @ogewuru verificherò meglio. Grazie per la risposta!

Level 10

Hi @ogewuru 

@MortenCopenhagen responded correctly.

To explain more, note that Points are for some kinds of contributions and are only dedicated to Local Guides.

So, that simple screen without a +5 points notice, will be displayed for non-Local Guides or for activities of a Local Guide that have no points such as editing features of a place (in the About tab).

Similarly, when the servers can not connect well to the resources to understand if a user is a Local Guide or not, the system shows such a simple screen.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Thank you @Amiran that suggestion relating to server auto response seems to be the real explanation