KhokonSharker's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Small Sona Masjid visit story. (ছোট সোনা মসজিদ ভ্রমন কাহিনী)

I visited the historic Chota Sona Masjid earlier this week. Its location is in Shibganj upazila of Chapainawabganj. This mosque is a traditional architecture built by Muslims. It is heard that this mosque was covered with gold, hence its name Sona Masjid. Another big Sona Masjid is across the border in India so this is the Chota Sona Masjid.

received_933491224878267.jpeg

Back side of the Mosque.

received_314912041368947.jpeg

Front side of the Mosque.

received_891944682145222.jpeg

Mimber place of Azan.

received_395881586115534.jpeg

Inside of the Mosque.

I am very happy to see that prayers are still offered in this mosque with congregation.  I also finished Asr prayer.

received_772442567978455.jpeg

After pray 

received_270144076040877.jpeg

Inside of the Mosque.

received_371935338689217.jpeg

Beautiful design of Soto Sona Masjid.

received_1627175881024220.jpeg

Under the stone door.

received_1236480391088475.jpeg

Piller of the Mosque. 

received_667461598602656.jpeg

Tourist

received_1135957057812436.jpeg

Take a photoshoot.

received_894336055627127.jpeg

Main gate of the Mosque. 

received_730850481909845.jpeg

Selfie 🤳.

How to get here from Dhaka :

• Buy a train Ticket Dhaka to Chapai Nawabganj.
  • Hire a CNG/Easy bike Chapai Nawabganj to Shibganj Upozila.
  • Hire a CNG or Easy Bike Shibganj to Sona Masjid. 

Now visit the Mosque and nearest area. And return your destination following same process. Enjoy your trip 😊.

Md. Khokon Sharker
Chapai Nawabganj, Bangladesh
6 comments
Level 9

Re: Small Sona Masjid visit story. (ছোট সোনা মসজিদ ভ্রমন কাহিনী)

A historical masjid but i never been there, hope one day i will visit the place @KhokonSharker 

thank you for sharing with us.

Level 8

Thank you so much Dear @AbdullahAM Bhaia. If you come to travel in next 2 years then I can be your guide. 

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 9

আমাদের এলাকায় আপনাকে স্বাগতম @KhokonSharker । আপনি খুব সুন্দর সুন্দর ছবি তুলেছেন। আপনি এর আশে পাশের আরো কিছু লুকানো জেমস দেখে আসতে পারেন। বিশেষ করে দারাসবাড়ি মসজিদ এর এর সংলগ্ন মাদ্রাসা এর ভগ্নাংশ আপনার ভালো লাগবে।

This phot was taken by Asaduzzaman Raju while taking photo at Darasbari Mosque. Darasbari Mosque is a historic mosque that was built in 1479 AD and is located in Shibganj Upazila of Chapai Nawabganj District, Bangladesh. According to an inscription, this brick built mosque was constructed by the restored Iliyas Shahi sultan Shamsuddin Yusuf Shah, son of Barbak Shah. Presently, the mosque has no roof and has a fallen verandah.This phot was taken by Asaduzzaman Raju while taking photo at Darasbari Mosque. Darasbari Mosque is a historic mosque that was built in 1479 AD and is located in Shibganj Upazila of Chapai Nawabganj District, Bangladesh. According to an inscription, this brick built mosque was constructed by the restored Iliyas Shahi sultan Shamsuddin Yusuf Shah, son of Barbak Shah. Presently, the mosque has no roof and has a fallen verandah.

Level 8

It is also a very beautiful place to visit. I will be here very soon. Thanks @NahidHossain  Bhaia for another sightseeing suggestion. You can also join me on this trip if you are free.

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 8

great to see different kind of picture of choto sona mosque.

How much your costing in this trip @KhokonSharker 

Soykot Azam, Greetings from Sonargaon-Bangladesh.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You can also check

My recent post 

Facebook 

Youtube 

Level 8

I only need 1500 taka for travel expenses. You can see many other beautiful places along with this Soto Sona Masjid. I hope you enjoy traveling here. @Soykot_azam Bhaia It is very cold in this region now so be sure to bring winter clothes when visiting.

Md. Khokon Sharker