Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

Whereas Pike Place was originally a seafood and vegetable market, the shops outside are modern.

Prominent among these is the Milagros Mexican Folk Art.

The storefront shows the accessible entrance, a glass facade that reveals the interiors and the vibes inside, and that the shop is crammed with various objects of Mexican folk art.

They also have their phone number painted on the glass.

01 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle01 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

Pirkko. Finland also has an uncluttered storefront with glass facades, revealing the warm interiors and a lot of the clothing on sale.

The entrance is neatly leveled with the sidewalk providing accessibility for a wheelchair if required.

Their website address is also painted on the storefront.

02 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle02 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory was all open doors when I visited here in June 2023.

This storefront is also neat and uncluttered with glass facings that show the seating arrangement inside, the cash counter, and the menu.

03 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle03 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

J&J Gifts and Sportwear also has a recessed storefront, and very little to comment about.

Their best costumes on sale are displayed on the glass fronts.

Some notice about Seattle Hoodies is seen beside the credit cards they accept.

04 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle04 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

Target is one of the major supermarkets in the Pike Place Market area.

They probably occupy half a block between 2nd Avenue and Pike Street.

Their storefronts show their prominent red circle logo and that a Starbucks Cafe near the entrance.

05 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle05 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

Bergman Luggage is an old shop, that unfortunately, is closed now but still retains the amazing public corner clock at the intersection of 3rd Avenue and Stewart Street.

The store is so huge that to capture their storefront I stood across the street.

06 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle06 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

The Seattle Shirt Company is a corner store having their offers of 2 for $14 rate displayed prominently on the storefront.

They sell 100% white cotton shirts too.

The storefront also has an offer to print customized jerseys.
Besides that, there is also a machine to make customized pennies.
This machine accepts 25 cents called a Penny as a fee and upon rotating the crank with the handle, the machine embosses a design or logo on a Nickel coin which is equal to 1 cent, Locals also habitually called it a Nikol. It is made of copper and appears reddish brown.

The store is neatly leveled with the sidewalk providing wheelchair accessibility.

07 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle07 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

I found the storefront of Buckley's in Belltown particularly interesting for its pair of lions.

This is fast becoming a lost passion and art of erecting human, animal, or abstract concrete or metal figures at the entrance.
Buckley's is one of those last surviving.

08 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle08 - Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

The shops outside the Pike Place Market are truly a paradise to try so many different things in one place.

🚄 How to Reach

Read a Visual Guide on reaching Seattle Airport to Downtown using the metro train for only $3.

🚻 Restrooms

There are a couple of free restrooms at the nearby Pier 62.

Accessibility

The shops outside the Pike Place Market are accessible to the differently abled.

🏡 Where to Stay

I stayed in the Green Tortoise Hostel studded with features, yet very economical rates.

🏝 Top Tourist Places in Seattle

Post Alley Gum Wall 
Space Needle
The Museum of Flight
Chihuly Garden and Glass
Pike Marketplace

Seattle, WA, USA
7 comments
Level 8

Re: Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

Nice post @Tushar_Suradkar . It seems all stores are fully accessible. Not even one step is there. Nice to note that. Thanks for sharing.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

All these storefront photos are so welcoming @Tushar_Suradkar  have you tried the chocolates of Rocky mountain chocolate factory? If yes then please share your favourite flavour with us. I'm happy to see that you mentioned the place where you stayed as it is one of the important decision to make while planning for a trip.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the appreciation, dear @Rohan10 👍

Connect Moderator

Thank you, dear @Mukul_Anand 

Unfortunately, not.

I did not think of trying the chocolate 😊

And, also regarding the place, it luckily turned out to be a very nice place, that was beyond expectations.

BTW in the US, never use the word Lucky, since it has a different meaning. 😉

Instead, use the phrase 'Lucked Out'.

Level 9

Betreff: Storefront Photos outside the Pike Place Market of Seattle

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Eine sehr gute Übersicht über das Geschäftsviertel und interessant beschrieben 

Level 10

@Tushar_SuradkarAs per your picture, this market place are much clean. Thanks for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Connect Moderator

Wonderful observation, dear @jakiripsc 👍

The markets are enjoyable due to the cleanliness.

Thank you for the appreciation.