Kumaarsantosh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Street Art Photography - Lord Shiva Painting in Kolkata

Hello LG Friends,

Kolkata, West Bengal, India is full of vibrant colors, awesome people, great culture and in-depth religious faith.

During my recent visit to Kolkata, I found these characteristics everywhere in the city. While I was passing by different streets in Kolkata, I found such a vibrant religious culture where Lord Shiva's painting is potrayed on the street walls. Two of such amazing arts I have captured here; one at Gopal Nagar Old Market, Alipore and the second one at Gopalnagar Kali Temple, Alipore. 

Caption: Street art Painting of Lord Shiva on the wallCaption: Street art Painting of Lord Shiva on the wall

Caption: Street art Painting of Mahakal (Lord Shiva) on the wallCaption: Street art Painting of Mahakal (Lord Shiva) on the wall

While Kolkata is known for the devotion and grand celeberation during Dussehra for Durga Maa, they are also a great follower and devotee of Lord Shiva.

This again proves why we have the diverse and healthy culture in our country.  

The last post in this series of Street Art Photography was on Street Art Photography - Football madness in Kolkata. Please read through.

Thanks for reading this post.

Stay Happy, Stay Healthy and Stay Tuned!

JAI HO!!!

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
16 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Street Art Photography - Lord Shiva Painting in Kolkata

@Kumaarsantosh das Foto von Lord Shiva ist beeindruckend und wunderschön.

Ein interessanter Beitrag 

Level 10

Betreff: Street Art Photography - Lord Shiva Painting in Kolkata

Thanks you @Annaelisa for reading and appreciating this post. 

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

Connect Moderator

Re: Street Art Photography - Lord Shiva Painting in Kolkata

I love this street art from Kolkata and the photography @Kumaarsantosh 👍 beautifully captured.

I've heard about a similar one in Udaipur where an entire street is lined up with Indian religious paintings, but I could not locate it while in that city.

Not many locals are aware of it.

So, if someone bumps into this post, I hope they reply with the coordinates.

Level 10

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar for your lovely comments.

Is this a recent development in Udaipur?

Nice to know and could be explored in coming time.

Last I visited Udaipur way back in early 90's and offcourse that time such paintings I could not see anywhere. Or possibly I could not explored that time.

It would be really nice if someone in the community has such experience of Udaipur and share with us.

Connect Moderator

Yes, it is very recent, maybe 5 years ago it came up @Kumaarsantosh 

in the Instagram era.

Yes, waiting with fingers crossed 🤞

Level 9

In Lord Mahadev we believe 🙏 and the street arts make this beautiful ❤️ thanks for publishing such a wonderful thing here on Local Guides forum!

Level 10

Thank you @ReshamDas for your kind words.

Connect Moderator

look at that! Wonderful mural and I love the Shiva painting as well as the contrasting vivid blue & striking yellow dominating in this art work @Kumaarsantosh . Thank you so much for sharing it with us

Level 10

Thank you @indahnuria for your kind attention. Yes- these artworks were so eye-catching that I could not resist my self taking shots.

It is said that such art works surfaced with the great internal beliefs. I think its cent percent true.