Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

#TeamJapan - City “Kanazawa”, Stay Japan

#TeamJapan - Reasonable hotel in Kanazawa, Stay and Eat Japan

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

The good old town of Kanazawa city “Higashi Chaya Machi”

Have you ever been to Kanazawa?Have you ever heard of Kanazawa?

It’s a very famous tourist destination. Kanazawa is called small Kyoto, and you can see the elegant cityscape with its historic buildings. The land developed dramatically since the warrior general Maeda Toshiie came to Kanazawa. Since then, the Kaga Han (Han means things like prefecture), created by Toshiie Maeda, has developed greatly, and in the Edo period, it has become so powerful as to be called “Kaga Hyakumangoku”. Kanazawa's culture and industry developed under the protection of the powerful Kaga Han. 

The famous one is gold leaf "Kin Paku", accounting for over 98% of Japan's gold leaf production. Kanazawa is also famous for its delicious food. In particular, dishes made with fish caught in the Sea of ​​Japan are amazing.

Anyway, Kanazawa is worth visiting. I recommend that you would stay in Kanazawa for a few days and look around the city. There are many hotels, but most of them are expensive. It's happy to stay in a good hotel, however I think it's important to keep down the cost of the hotel. Then you could spend enough money to enjoy walking around the city and cuisining.

OK, so much for the introduction. Let’s get right into the main subject.

I found a good reasonable hotel in Kanazawa! So, I’d like to tell you about it.

The photo of "HOTEL MYSTAYS PREMIER Kanazawa"The photo of "HOTEL MYSTAYS PREMIER Kanazawa"

Don't you think this hotel looks good?

This is HOTEL MYSTAYS PREMIER Kanazawa.

The room is about twice as large as a typical Japanese hotel. If you make a reservation from the official website, you can stay for around 5000 yen per person on weekdays. This amount is a good value for a Japanese hotel. Guest houses are cheaper, but they are shared rooms.

There is a supermarket called "Piago Kanazawa Bay" near the port, and you can buy fish at a very good price in the fresh fish corner.

Kanazawa also has a cafe where you can drink very good coffee. The owner is not Japanese and can speak in English. The store is "curio espresso and vintage design".

clipboard_image_2.jpeg

There is also a temple called “Ninja Temple”. It is a temple called “Myoryuji”. Because of the role of condemning the castle owner in an emergency, there are various mechanisms such as a hidden staircase and a hidden room inside the temple. It is very interesting to see them and I think that you can have a Japanese experience.

clipboard_image_3.jpeg

I also spoke about the goodness of Kanazawa in the video when applying, so please take a look.

https://youtu.be/5gYhQ8oEaRE

About this post

This is a part of the posts for #TeamJapan of #TeamChallenge. Our leader is @Yucco. And the main post is here. Check it and #TeamJapan posts out as well.

Kanazawa, 石川県 日本
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: #TeamJapan - City “Kanazawa”, Stay Japan

Thanks for sharing about your experience @Yucco . I've never been to Kanazawa, but now I'm intrigued. Definitely putting it on my list for my next Japan trip 🙂

Level 8

hello @iyudhi ,

Thank you for your gentle reply 🙂

I hope you will come to Kabazawa someday!

Level 8

@Yucco Wow, the hotel looks so nice and the best part is that it is so cheap. I have been to Kyoto but haven't been to Kanazawa. I wish to visit it someday. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Level 8

Hello @Ant_Bad_Yogi and @iyudhi,

Thank you for your comment!

I really love this hotel, because the rooms are very large. There are lots of cheep hotel but talmost rooms are so tiny, some are no windows. I think this hotel's room is twice as large as a typical hotel room.

There are beautiful old streets in Kanazawa, and Kanazawa is less crowded than Kyoto.

I wish you would come to there 🙂The street of "Nishi-Chaya-Gai"The street of "Nishi-Chaya-Gai"

Level 9

Beautiful story @Yucco. Thanks for sharing your experiences and story here with us on connect. I appreciate reading through this writeup.  Kudos

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing your post @Yucco,

Kanazawa looks like a very cool place. The Ninja Temple intrigued me the most. What do you like the most? Do you prefer summer vacations or winter vacations?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!