Yucco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

#TeamJapan - Ryokan “Kanaguya”, Stay Japan

I’d like to indroduce a Ryokan “Kanaguya”. There are precious buildings that built almost 80 years ago. “Kanaguya” is running as it was.Some buildings are certified as a national registered tangible cultural property.“Kanaguya” is located in Shibu Onsen in north part of Nagano.
I’d like to let you know the 6 special experiences.

the Ryokan “Kanaguya” at daytimethe Ryokan “Kanaguya” at daytime

1. Eight hot springs in “Kanaguya”
  2. Japanese early 20th century’s style room and house.
  3. Tour of looking around ”Saigeturou ” and “Oohiroma “.
  4. Tour of studying about the source of hot springs in “Kanaguya”
  5. Bathing 9 hot sprinigs of Shibu Onsen
  6. Of course, Japanese Dish

1) Eight hot springs in “Kanaguya”The hot spring at the rooftop in “Kanaguya”The hot spring at the rooftop in “Kanaguya”
“Kanaguya” has 3 big baths and 5 small baths. 
There is a outdoor bath at the rooftop that is divided into a women's side and a men's side. This outdoor bath is a sulfate and chloride spring (alkalescent) , and it is believed to be effective for making skin beautiful. 
There are 2 big baths indoor. The 2 hot springs has different qualities. The one spring is mild acidity...blah blah blah. Anyway you can feel absolutely relaxed, when you take these baths.

If you are shy and don’t want take off your clothes in front of the others, don’t worry, you take another 5 baths in “Kanaguya”. These 5 baths are small, so only one group can take one bath at a time. When you (and your family, or your partner ) are taking a bath, no one can come in because you can lock up the door of the bathroom.

2) Japanese early 20th century’s style room and house“Kanaguya” lit up at night and the furnitures in this Ryokan“Kanaguya” lit up at night and the furnitures in this Ryokan
They say that “Kanaguya” is similar to the Ryokan “YUYA” of “Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi)” which is a 2001 film written and directed by famed animator Hayao Miyazaki and produced by the Japanese anime studio Studio Ghibli.

There are old and gorgeous furnitures everywhere in this Ryokan, they are very attractive for me. They feature a Japanese-style feeling. At night, the old building is lit up and is very photogenic.

3) Tour of looking around ”Saigeturou ” and “Oohiroma“.Water wheel gears buried in cement ( the corridor of “Seigetsurou” )Water wheel gears buried in cement ( the corridor of “Seigetsurou” )
 “Seigetsurou” is a house wooden buildings that has 4 stories, and “Oohiroma” is a Japanese style big dining room with tatami floor. The hallway of this building is narrow and the stairs are steep. Walking around the building makes you feel like you are exploring the old world.There are many highlights such as beautiful picture frames, wooden ceilings, decorative lighting and unusually decorated corridors.“Oohiroma” is large room but there is not pillar“Oohiroma” is large room but there is not pillar

4) Tour of studying about the source of hot springs in “Kanaguya”
Backyard stairs and the sourse of hot springs blowing outBackyard stairs and the sourse of hot springs blowing out

On this tour, you can see the hot spring source used at "Kanaguya". The experience of going through the narrow stairs in the backyard and watching the outdoor springs blow up is very precious and interesting because it's a place you can't usually see.

5) Bathing 9 hot sprinigs of Shibu OnsenThe map of nine public hot springs, the flag of the ninth hot spring and inside of houseThe map of nine public hot springs, the flag of the ninth hot spring and inside of houseThere are nine public hot springs in Shibu Onsen. This hot spring is used by local residents. Guests at an inn in Shibu Onsen can use the onsen by borrowing a key from the inn. However, you can use only the No. 9 bath if you purchase a ticket with an entrance fee of 500 yen without a key.

The nine hot springs have different effects. I like the No. 6 bath that is said to have the effect of becoming a beautiful woman. It should be noted that all hot springs are very hot. You can also add water to cool it down, so let's start by putting your feet a little in the hot spring.

6) Of course, Japanese DishDinner and breakfastDinner and breakfast
Meal is also an important factor in staying at an Ryokan.
The dnner is a Japanese dish using local food. A variety of delicious dishes are served. I was really happy to eat and drink.

The breakfast is “Mugitoro gohan”.
“Mugitoro gohan” is a rice dish with a mild taste and is made by grating the yamaimo (Japanese yam) and adding the eggs and seasonings. (quated from https://english.evidus.com/magazine/recipe/024.html)
It was really healthy and delicious.

As an aside, You can also enjoy some interesting spot near by Shibu Onsen.

The Jigokudani Monkey ParkMonkeys in JigokudaniMonkeys in Jigokudani
Top of the Mt. YokoteTop of the Mt. Yokote

About this post
This is a part of the posts for #TeamJapan of #TeamChallenge. Our leader is @Yucco. And the main post is here. Check it and #TeamJapan posts out as well.
Shimotakai-gun, 長野県 日本
20 comments
Level 8

Re: #TeamJapan - Ryokan “Kanaguya”, Stay Japan

[日本語版] 日本で泊まる:温泉旅館「歴史の宿金具屋」

「金具屋」という温泉旅館を紹介します。長野県にある渋温泉にある旅館です。この旅館の中には、国の登録有形文化財に認定された建物もあります。大変古い建物ですが、手入れや清掃はきちんとされていて、とても良い宿です。天井が低かったり、廊下が狭かったりなど、昔の日本の住生活の様子がうかがえます。
渋温泉という立地も含めて、とても楽しい体験ができたので、それらをお伝えします。

1.宿の中の8箇所の内湯
「金具屋」には大きな温泉が3つ、小さな家族風呂が5つあります。大きな温泉のうちの一つは、屋上にある露天風呂です。大きな温泉は、混浴ではありません。露天風呂は男女に分かれていて、他の2つは、時間で男性と女性と使用時間が交換されます。
英文の方では省略しましたが、金具屋は自家源泉と公共の源泉を複数使用できる権利を持っていて、内湯も泉質が異なっているのです。またそれぞれのお風呂も趣向が変わっていて、全種類制覇したくなります。

2.昭和初期の豪華な建築の部屋
こちらの宿は、スタジオジブリ制作の『セント千尋の神隠し』に出てくる『油屋』のモデルでは無いかと噂がありました。夜には木造4階建ての「斉月楼」がライトアップされ、それらしい雰囲気になります。
その噂はともかくとしても、昭和初期の意匠をこらした建築デザインは見ごたえがあります。歯車が廊下に埋め込まれていたり、襖がモダンにデザインされていたり、美しい美人絵が飾られていたりなど。

3.金具屋文化財巡り
「金具屋」の宿を楽しむには、このツアーに参加するのが一番お勧めです。宿の若旦那さんが見所をあちこち紹介してくれます。そもそもこちらの宿が迷路のように複雑なつくりになっており、自分たちだけで探検すると迷子になりそうなので、案内をしてもらってちょうどよいかもしれません。
「斉月楼」の宴会場などは、舞台のようなスペースもあり、ほんのり俗っぽさもあって、当時の人たちが盛り上がった様子を想像して楽しめます。

4.金具屋源泉見学ツアー
こちらは朝のツアーなので、少し早起きしないといけませんが、参加する価値のあるツアーです。温泉を引いている源泉をみるという稀な体験ができます。バックヤードにある源泉へ向かう狭くて急な階段を下ったり、屋外に出て間欠泉を見たり、とても面白いです。

5.厄除巡浴九湯めぐり
渋温泉には、地元の方が日々使っている公共の温泉が9つあります。それらは鍵がかかっていて、9番湯以外は、外部の人は入れなくなっています。しかし渋温泉にある宿の宿泊者は、そちらで使える鍵を借りることができて、すべて入ることができます。
渋温泉は基本的に高温の温泉なので、どのお風呂も非常に高温です。水を入れて冷まさないと入るのが辛いほどでした。しかし、泉質は大変よく、私は目洗いの湯という6番湯がとても気持ちよかったです。

6.和食
夕食は、信州のヘルシーな料理でとても美味しかったです。日本食で小皿がたくさん出てくる様子はパレードのようで楽しいです。
朝食は、麦とろご飯で、とろろがもっちりとしていました。温泉に入って、健康的な朝食を食べると、一日の活力が湧いてきます。

渋温泉周辺にも、魅力的な観光地があります。さほど遠くないので、お時間があれば寄り道をおすすめしたいです。
1.地獄谷野猿公苑
2.横手山頂ヒュッテ

この記事について
この記事は#TeamChallengeに参加する#TeamJapanの記事の1つとして作成しています。ぜひ他のメンバーの記事も読んでみてください。
Level 10

@Yucco 

good evening.
I also love Ryokan.
There are reasons to deserve to stay, such as the gentle atmosphere of wooden architecture, the best healing of the open-air bath, delicious cuisine, and the elegant garden.
I love eating at inns.
If you have a lot of delicious dishes in front of you, you will be excited like a child.
I will share the photos.
Thank you very much.
Regard

Caption; Dinner at the Ryokan

Caption; Dinner at the Ryokan

Caption; Ryokan breakfast

Hello everyone.!
My name is 955HIRO and I live in Tokyo, Japan. I would like to share photos of travel, customs unique to Japan, and Japan-specific matters with you all.
My hobbies are travel, gourmet, and car. If you have any questions or questions about Japan, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much.

こんにちは(^.^)
日本の東京に住む955HIROと申します。

旅行の写真、日本ならではの慣習、日本独特な事項などの写真をチームの皆様とシェアしていきたいと思っています。
趣味は旅行、食べ歩き、自動車など。

日本に関して何か疑問や質問がありましたら、分かる範囲でお答え致します。

宜しくお願いします!

My profile
Connect Moderator

Hello, @Yucco 

Thank you for introducing this beautiful inn.

The photos are very attractive. I'll absolutely go there and enjoy a lot of hot springs!!

I introduce this post because it's helpful for taking hot spring in Japan.

How to enjoy Hot Springs: Onsen in Japan

Level 8

@Yucco I like the atmosphere of Ryokans. The classic Japanese style room, delicious breakfast and Onsen. For the source of hot springs, does it blow up all the time?

I have been to Kamikochi in Nagano, it is so beautiful. I wish to visit it again someday. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Level 10

Hello local guide!
My name is Ken_jp in Tokyo, Japan.
I am shooting Japan's four seasons.About what I want to share most with Google Maps and why.We also post some of Japan's wonderful seasons and delicious shops on Google Maps.In addition to that, it also expresses the 360-degree panoramic Street View.

3.JPG
北海道のいくら丼が大好きです。

こんにちは!
私は日本の東京で活動しているKen_jpです。
私は、日本の四季を撮影しています。
私はGoogleマップを通じて日本の素晴らしい季節や美味しいお店をいくつか投稿しています。
また360度のパノラマストリートビューも作成しています。

#TeamJapan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yucco Absolutely beautiful and well thought out post.   Amazing job in all aspect of your composition as well.   Keep up the good work.

Level 8

@955HIRO, Thank you for sharing beautiful photos! I love "Sazae", too. I think the fish dishes have such a Japanese vibe

When I relax at the ryokan, I feel like I fully enjoyed the holidays.

Level 8

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa, Thank you for your comment! I think this ryokan is really worth staying, so I recommend you go to stay. Because in Japan, there aren't many places to stay in historic buildings.

Level 8

Hello @Ant_Bad_Yogi, Thank you! The source of this Ryokan is a geyser and sometimes blows up. It is powerful because the amount of hot water that blows from the source is large.

I have heard that Kamikochi is a wonderful place. The most famous is Taisho Pond. But frankly, I have never been to Kamikouchi. I’d like to go!!! I hope you will come to Japan again!