DilipC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Technopark now reads "RECHNOPARK"

This is most important IT campus in Trivandrum (got some signficance in whole India).  Someone approved stupid name in Malayalam, wrong spelling.  Tried correcting multiple times and gets rejected.  How can some fault like this happen in such a "super-moderated" community??  Fake edits and additions gets approved and proper ones get rejected.   Map maker was better than this Local Guide setup.

Technopark Campus, Kazhakkoottam, Kerala, India
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Technopark now reads "RECHNOPARK"

I have reported it via feedback also, but of no help.

What is is now - റെച്ച്നോപര്‍ക്ക്‌

What it should be - ടെക്നോപാർക്ക്

Level 10

Re: Technopark now reads "RECHNOPARK"

Hi @DilipC, I believe it's just a mistake, a typo, not really an intentional, "fake edit". The characters R and T are next to each other on the keyboard and while it would be nice if a LG checked the typing before sending the edit, it seems it's not always the case (in fact, I myself learned it the hard way as I added a new place once with a similar typo but fortunately my immediate edit after it was accepted was also accepted). 

If the system does not let you edit it and you have also reported it, that's all you can do for the time being and I suggest you to step on. Hopefully one day Google will introduce a better feedback system (maybe similar to what was in MapMaker).